erbenz

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
I have my feelings regarding Priddis and his position in our midfield, but he absolutely plays with the attitude, work ethic and fairness of a Brownlow Medallist. He's a terrific bloke as well, so I'm ecstatic for him that he won the award after what was probably his most consistent and strongest season at the club.

Well Done Matt!

eagles 2014

Debutant
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I have my feelings regarding Priddis and his position in our midfield, but he absolutely plays with the attitude, work ethic and fairness of a Brownlow Medallist. He's a terrific bloke as well, so I'm ecstatic for him that he won the award after what was probably his most consistent and strongest season at the club.

Well Done Matt!

Spot on. And the way Matt has appeared in accepting the Brownlow, I think he kind of knows his place in history as well - he is an honest toiler without being a superstar of the comp.

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Congratulations Pridda, I'm a big fan of the work you do, not enough realise thee great work you do on the inside. Now people will.

If anyone still has any doubts on how good he is, rewatch the second Collingwood game this year. He showed his class in that game.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
I've said elsewhere (and well before this year) that the Brownlow is always susceptible to throwing up unexpected winners, simply by design. It's a 3-2-1 system and a player can have a 50 possession, 5 goal game and get 3 votes one match while another player can get 20 possessions in a match with no real standouts. People who think Priddis was selected as the best player of the season don't really understand how the system works.

He's a consistent performer and no doubt highly criticised by our own simply because he's the best we have when really, he'd be held in high regard if he was a complimentary cog to a star midfield. Because we lack that, he's criticised. But he works within his own skillset and that can't be questioned.

Great bloke and kudos to him for snagging the medal tonight. Very proud supporter here.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I've said elsewhere (and well before this year) that the Brownlow is always susceptible to throwing up unexpected winners, simply by design. It's a 3-2-1 system and a player can have a 50 possession, 5 goal game and get 3 votes one match while another player can get 20 possessions in a match with no real standouts. People who think Priddis was selected as the best player of the season don't really understand how the system works.

He's a consistent performer and no doubt highly criticised by our own simply because he's the best we have when really, he'd be held in high regard if he was a complimentary cog to a star midfield. Because we lack that, he's criticised. But he works within his own skillset and that can't be questioned.

Great bloke and kudos to him for snagging the medal tonight. Very proud supporter here.

Well said mate, summed up the whole priddis argument perfectly. I like many others questioned his position this year and last. I doubt anybody ever questioned his effort or endeavour, it just seemed his spot could have gone to younger developing mid. Having said that, absolutely stoked for him, really nice bloke and fully deserving winner.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Well done Pridda.

It's incredibly refreshing not only to have such a humble, honest and somewhat sheepish winner, but to watch the media struggling because none of their golden boys have won it.

We've got another week of Buddy/Roughie/Hodgey etc drooling, so I'm really pleased that Matt took out the Brownlow. Well deserved.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
10457686_738911812823686_1199659819541350619_o.jpg

Congratz to Priddis, I have been on this board a bit over the year and I do notice some of you supporters don't rate him as highly as I do but I hope this Brownlow changes your minds. You should appreciate the effort he puts in.

Back