Opinion Your Top 3 Crows At The Brownlow Medal Vote Tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

933743-85211e56-4235-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Seriously what the hell is wrong this picture? Taking your grand daughter to the Brownlow?:rolleyes:

Yep it's why Danger is rated so highly in the AFL player ratings (4th compared to Priddis 23rd...) they look at not just efficiency but the situation in which the possession occurred and did it result in a better or worse outcome for the side, and by how much better.

I sort of think Disposal Efficiency is a bit like "errors" in baseball - a bit of a subjective old style stat that isn;t as good as other for measuring a players' worth
Although in past years that award has often appeared to be a popularity contest.

Priddis just confirmed on Channel 7 that he tried out with Adelaide for the rookie list, but the year was 2004. Pity that we judged him as too slow. He's a good ball-winner

For the record that year we rookie-listed Ryan Nye, Jon Griffin and John Hinge.

Reckon he could have slotted into that group pretty nicely :( I guess hindsight is always 20/20.

Meltdown on the port power board is one for the ages. Some sort of Illuminati conspiracy to restore Danger to supreme world leader, apparently.

Yet again they've got positives to focus on with MOTY & GOTY but their obsession gets in the way and all they can talk about is Dangerfield. We all know it wasn't his best year but the way they've carried on is nothing short of pathetic.

One thing on Priddis - most teams are content to let him win the footy. Part of this is because he's an inside ball winner so hard to stop but it's also because his damage factor is seen as low. Teams lock down on Gaff or Shuey who aren't great players but run, carry, create.

Compare that to Mitchell, Cotchin, Boak who have someone hanging off them the whole time. Are seen by the opposition as the dangerous match winners. Umpires aren't cluey enough to take any of that stuff into account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet again they've got positives to focus on with MOTY & GOTY but their obsession gets in the way and all they can talk about is Dangerfield. We all know it wasn't his best year but the way they've carried on is nothing short of pathetic.

Sad isn't it? Why not celebrate a pretty good mark and goal? Instead they focus on us ...

Just scanned through half a dozen pages of that thread and 90% of the posts are about Dangerfield. Apparently they say we're a s**t football club that isn't worth caring about ... but still they care. :hearts: Love you Port Power, never change.

ck-obsession-man.jpg

Last edited:
One thing on Priddis - most teams are content to let him win the footy. Part of this is because he's an inside ball winner so hard to stop but it's also because his damage factor is seen as low. Teams lock down on Gaff or Shuey who aren't great players but run, carry, create.

Compare that to Mitchell, Cotchin, Boak who have someone hanging off them the whole time. Are seen by the opposition as the dangerous match winners. Umpires aren't cluey enough to take any of that stuff into account.

Was that true this year though? I thought he had a stellar year in a poor side and was a worthy winner. He's no Garry Ablett but he's no Shane Woewoedin either. He wins it on the inside and the outside. Well done to him.

Watching the count last night I knew the Port board would be in meltdown. Increased my enjoyment incredibly. Danger is eye catching but got more votes than he probably deserved, but you can say that about a lot of players in the Brownlow. Their criticism of Danger is well over the top though and is really quite sad.

Watching the count last night I knew the Port board would be in meltdown. Increased my enjoyment incredibly. Danger is eye catching but got more votes than he probably deserved, but you can say that about a lot of players in the Brownlow. Their criticism of Danger is well over the top though and is really quite sad.

He could win 6 Brownlows and still be referred to as a spud, clangerfield, cat boy

Imagine if he had won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back