Toast Congratulations Matt Priddis - 2014 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Matty Priddis for tonight, he might not be the best player in the AFL but he sure is the fairest, very happy for him.

Thank you based Priddis!

2YBfv3Z.jpg
Nice Odds. I was working and couldn't get on the Sportsbet houry odds.
But still...

A premiership is completely pointless. Sport is all about moments that give you an adrenalin rush, and I am high on adrenaline right now. If you don't understand that then frankly I don't care.
Well done to your boy Zerg..lap up the moment hehe.

Congrats to the guy and I'm happy an Eagle won, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he benefited from half the field falling over in the later rounds, Kennedy missing the last three games, Buddy missing the last round, Fyfe missing a month, Ablett missing 1/4 of the season and so on, so much amazing luck went his way, but he did what he had to do and had the most votes in the end, can't hate a guy for that

I am honestly flabbergasted that some of you can't help yourselves. This is a thread to congratulate Priddis on winning the Brownlow, so let's leave it at that. There are plenty of other threads, 1 in particular, to debate the other Priddis issues.

Congrats Matt on winning the Brownlow, seemed a popular result amongst his peers. It did genuinely surprise me though.

Loved this bloke since he came back from the disappointment of not being drafted and dominated as a youngster at Subi in our 2004 premiership side - top class bloke and a seriously quality player.
Well done Pridda ... was quietly confident was in the top 10 players in the league this season but never dreamed he'd win it. Absolutely wrapped for Pridda and the club!
Congrats to Nat Fyfe and Gary Ablett too - fair effort and I think we can all admit that if not for missing games they would have polled higher but for now this is Pridda's year!

I am honestly flabbergasted that some of you can't help yourselves. This is a thread to congratulate Priddis on winning the Brownlow, so let's leave it at that. There are plenty of other threads, 1 in particular, to debate the other Priddis issues.

Congrats Matt on winning the Brownlow, seemed a popular result amongst his peers. It did genuinely surprise me though.

Couldn't agree more. Regardless of peoples feelings towards priddis, I would have hoped we could have just kept this thread clean to congratulate him on a fine achievement. I'd keep the debate, whether for or against him in the other thread.

No. That's what makes him winning the award absolutely pointless.
It's still a prestigious award recognising an excellent year, just like the MVP and AFLCA (which gave us another two winners).

You say that Fyfe is the most deserving winner as the MVP winner, yet you won't find anyone at Port (or many other places for that matter) who would simply dismiss Gray's AFLCA award. In fact, they celebrate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who says they have to be the best in the competition? He performed well enough with the hand he was dealt in terms of fixturing, resources and talent, and he snagged enough votes to take Charlie home.

Ablett's would've won had he not been injured. Fyfe's a better player than Pridda. Rockliff will contend for a while. So what? 'Best player in the AFL' is a totally subjective title regardless.

Stuff happened, they didn't contend. That's life, that's footy. I like it the way it is. The men in the thick of the action (they watch them from meters away - they're as qualified as any punter/media clown) reward the best players on any given day and at the end of the year, Pridda had his fair share of good days.

hahahahah oh god this thread is hilarious. I think we honestly need a thread dedicated to the hilarity that is people thinking the AFL doctored the last round. Even after the AFL was crushingly vindicated in Federal Court, people still want to believe that it is the antichrist.

Selwood has had much better years in the past, if he had won he would have been just as big of a Bradbury..... if one considers Priddis to be a Bradbury.

Priddis had a solid year by his standards. Was super consistent and won the medal fair and square. All the "big stars" in my opinion had less impressive years by their standards and that's overall what cost them. People talk about past voting and how it comes into play. It did tonight with some players not living up to their own lofty standards. Priddis deserved the Brownlow and through it some recognition as a quality player. He may not be quick or silky with his skills. But he is a tough and fair player who plays his guts out for the team. Well deserved medal.

Im new to this caper but its so sad to see Nigel No Mates pedalling their poison and bad vibes at a PARTY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Pridda and the team that helped him!!
A huge WELL DONE to Beau Waters for taking out the AFL Jim Stynes Community Award

A happy and PROUD day for the club!!

Well it's a fair point. Do you remember how Priddis played in the last round?

It was in no way shape or form 2 vote worthy. He'd won it already, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they avoided an ineligible Fyfe win, by giving Lecras 2 votes to Priddis.
Fyfe was suspended TWICE, there would have been no embarrassment if he'd polled the most votes as guys who are suspended for punching others off the ball cannot be named best & FAIREST. Friggin conspiracy theories, jeez. You don't like him, he won, get over it!

Well done to pridda. It is an award voted by the umpires not only to the best but also the fairest.

Champion bloke on and off the field. If it purely came down to how much heart a player has he'd win it every year (or at least tie with Beau). Good on you mate, you've done yourself, your mates, your family and your club proud.

A part of me thought the same but then I thought Priddis doesn't deserve to have his victory qualified by a "Yeah, but...". Congrats Matt. Well done.
Sorry, again, Fyfe was suspended TWICE, he was ineligible for punching Lewis off the ball. If there was a but because Fyfe polled the most votes and didn't win, it would have been "but if Fyfe didn't punch someone he would have won". You don't win a best and FAIREST award after being suspended for punching another player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back