How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine.

Although he's not close to the best player this season. Which seems flawed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not just an award for the best player of the season. It is an award for the fairest and the best. You would be hard judged to find a player who gives more of himself to the game, all whilst being an honourable and fair competitor.

If you want an MVP take the coaches award
If you want a popularity contest take the players award.
If you want the fairest and best it's the brownlow.

Hi Kranky...might I request a 2 vote performance review of the Gold Coast game in R23?

That is one of the most questionable vote games of all time.

Lecras had 20 touches and 4 goals - Gets nothing.

Priddis was very ordinary and still managed to pip Lycett (who got 1 vote), Nicnat and Shuey.

Are you drunk?

I said I only feel pride in respect of those close to me, or myself. You retorted with something about me being off for not feeling emotion. It was you who linked the two.

I responded by saying, well, exactly that. I feel emotion.

I'm unsurprised you don't understand my response. It was in English using small words. But I'm not surprised.

Sydney were one of the 2 better teams. This would be more like the team finishing 9th getting a flag in the back of a booting out of a team and then 4 forfeits .. It's still a win, but ...

Are you drunk? Why do you need to be so insulting.
You said you feel pride, I thought it wasn't an emotion. If you only feel pride only for those close to you, you live in a very small world. But then, I think you do live in a small world, don't you?
There must be a way out of your self imposed prison. You don't have to stay with all the spiders and scorpions.

It is not just an award for the best player of the season. It is an award for the fairest and the best. You would be hard judged to find a player who gives more of himself to the game, all whilst being an honourable and fair competitor.

If you want an MVP take the coaches award
If you want a popularity contest take the players award.
If you want the fairest and best it's the brownlow.

Yawn ....

Lots of super fair players that aren't any good. Was he fairer than Selwood? Kennedy? GAblett? I could go on ...

Your post is nonsense ...

You said you feel pride, I thought it wasn't an emotion. If you only feel pride only for those close to you, you live in a very small world. But then, I think you do live in a small world, don't you?
There must be a way out of your self imposed prison. You don't have to stay with all the spiders and scorpions.

Perhaps it's something stronger than alcohol?

Perhaps overly dismissive.

Insulting = suffering fools badly.

Pride - a definition - a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

In response to a poster saying we should be proud I asked why? He doesn't fit the first two criteria. And I don't admire Bradburying into a "win". It doesn't make me proud.

It was YOU (typing REAL slow) who suggested bad things about me for not feeling emotion when I never said I didn't. I simply said I didn't feel pride. Which I don't. It's one emotion out of a plethora. I don't feel it in this instance. I rarely feel proud of an individual achievement which doesn't meet the first two criteria.

I feel emotions in all sorts of situations but that's entirely irrelevant when I was responding to a post about pride. Which you then imposed yourself on with nonsense.

My world is actually quite large. With friends and family spread across many countries and with travel to many countries to see different people and cultures every month. Thanks for your concern. But like your logic its misplaced.

Have a lovely day :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the best thing to come out of this is that Priddis might get more of a tag in 2015 meaning that Shuey and Gaff can get more of the pill in space and use it.

The Brownlow doesnt change my opinion of Priddis one bit. I can acknowledge that he works hard and gets a lot of it. I still think he has an awfully s**t disposal, can't kick on his right leg to save his life, is a defensive liability if we/he turn the ball over, is woefully slow and can only play 1 role in the team. He is 30 next year and all of the attributes above are only going to get worse.

Most neutral observers will put his Brownlow win alongside that of Woewodin and Cooney, in that the 3 of them fluked their way into a Brownlow. He seems like a nice bloke, but all I want is for onfield success, and Priddis just isnt good enough to thrust us into the top 4 sides of the comp. Our midfield is the worst part of our team, and its because we lack a classy inside midfielder who can break lines, kick well off both feet, and change roles as required.

For anyone using the Brownlow win as evidence Priddis is a quality player - congrats. Your football judgement has been reinforced by a bunch of peckerwoods like Razor Ray who have no natural footy instincts or feel for the game whatsoever. You must be proud to share the same views as those muppets that continually make mistakes every weekend. Those of us who can see through more than 1 eye will still realise that he never cops a tag, he doesnt have anyone taking votes off him, and that his curly mop right under the noses of the umpires all over the ground is a physical attribute that must stick in the minds of the umps as they put their collective nuts together at the end of the game.

FWIW, im only pleased he has won it in the sense that Shuey, gaff and Masten will get less attention next year. No way in hell do I rate Priddis alongside Judd or Cousins. And no way is Priddis above Matera, Kerr, Jackovich, Mainwaring, Kemp and the other past Eagles greats who never won a Brownlow. I just hope that Priddis' agent doesnt push for too much of a salary increase on the back of this medal.

Last edited:
Well yes, but it kinda undermines those coming in here arguing its "proof" that this thread is bogus...

Nothing's changed, he's the same player he was yesterday. But he has a medal he doesn't think he deserved. Well done Matt :)
TBH, I don't think that's all that undermines the arguing going back and forth in this thread. :p

But, seeing as I've almost drained a red, I'll let it go for the night, should be up to about 500 pages by the morning. This must be one of the most active threads in BF history.

TBH, I don't think that's all that undermines the arguing going back and forth in this thread. :p

But, seeing as I've almost drained a red, I'll let it go for the night, should be up to about 500 pages by the morning. This must be one of the most active threads in BF history.

Yes, chief should be cutting me a royalty cheque soon :)

Yawn ....

Lots of super fair players that aren't any good. Was he fairer than Selwood? Kennedy? GAblett? I could go on ...

When you have nothing to come back with you always play the man. Priddis is a very good (not great) player. He plays the majority of minutes in the midfield, gets the ball out for his team and is an incredibly fair and honest player. He plays his role and plays it very well. Whether you or i think he's the greatest player in the history of the game is irrelevant. My sincerest congratulations to Matt and all those who have supported throughout the years.

Your argument tonight purely shows a lack of class and respect. Allow a man to have his 15 minutes and pick up your argument in a couple of days if you will, to do less only shows a distinct case of tall poppy syndrome. If you wish to have this argument in a couple of days then i will happily do so, and if you have the fortitude to do so i would suggest maybe having a look at my comments in regards to priddis in the past as well you <yes I think you made your point...>

'on a side note to admin maybe a touch harsh but seeing the same s**t on repeat for a period of years does touch the nerves eventually, particularly in the case of one who prefers to abuse rather others rather than debate'

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have nothing to come back with you always play the man. Priddis is a very good (not great) player. He plays the majority of minutes in the midfield, gets the ball out for his team and is an incredibly fair and honest player. He plays his role and plays it very well. Whether you or i think he's the greatest player in the history of the game is irrelevant. My sincerest congratulations to Matt and all those who have supported throughout the years.

Your argument tonight purely shows a lack of class and respect. Allow a man to have his 15 minutes and pick up your argument in a couple of days if you will, to do less only shows a distinct case of tall poppy syndrome. If you wish to have this argument in a couple of days then i will happily do so, and if you have the fortitude to do so i would suggest maybe having a look at my comments in regards to priddis in the past as well you <snip>

'on a side note to admin maybe a touch harsh but seeing the same s**t on repeat for a period of years does touch the nerves eventually, particularly in the case of one who prefers to abuse rather others rather than debate'

Mate, I debate more than most and certainly more than you.

I'm also considerably better at it than you. My abuse is usually reserved for people who fail to construct an argument and humorously they always abuse twice as hard while claiming the moral high ground. Again you're in this group. Matt didn't die, if he did I'd show respect and then after a short while, if someone eulogised a bit too hard Id point out he is a pretty average footballer.

But he didn't die, so your request for respect seems, well, a tad silly.

But thanks for the card able abuse and the lame claim for leniency. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, I debate more than most and certainly more than you.

I'm also considerably better at it than you. My abuse is usually reserved for people who fail to construct an argument and humorously they always abuse twice as hard while claiming the moral high ground. Again you're in this group. Matt didn't die, if he did I'd show respect and then after a short while, if someone eulogised a bit too hard Id point out he is a pretty average footballer.

But he didn't die, so your request for respect seems, well, a tad silly.

But thanks for the card able abuse and the lame claim for leniency. :)

The boy who cried wolf in your case. But if a card is justified then so be it, sometimes things need to be said. Your comments further show your true personality. You would point out to someone, who penned and then delivered a heartfelt eulogy about someone that the person loved (doing something he loves doing) was pretty average at it. Class personified obviously.

Yawn ....

Yes he was in the umps view cos he won the award
Technically those other players on paper prob would be better on any or most given day but they weren't as consistent due to injury or quiet spells etc but that's the way the cookie crumbles it's awarded over the whole year. If it was just a literal best and fairest award of course ablett would only have to play 1 game to be entitled but since it's based on an amalgamation of all games luck plays a part as does consistency so if the mindless twit umpires give it to you stand proud and enjoy the glory why not you still did what was required to earn it. Every one knows it doesn't mean you are the best skilled player in the comp just the most noticed the most often and lucky enough not to be a key position player, a tagger , hated by umpires or rubbed out. Eg do more brownlow votes to Fyfe than buddy mean he's a better footballer or just different roles get more votes? Common knowledge.

The boy who cried wolf in your case. But if a card is justified then so be it, sometimes things need to be said. Your comments further show your true personality. You would point out to someone, who penned and then delivered a heartfelt eulogy about someone that the person loved (doing something he loves doing) was pretty average at it. Class personified obviously.

See now you're showing a limited grasp of English comprehension. I actually suggested Id pay due respects and then if someone over eulogised him I'd point out the truth. I never suggested Id attack the Eulogy delivered about him. In the context of this board it was an obvious reference to someone over eulogising his football ability on this thread.

For clarity, I'd have no issue with folk eulogising him as a bloke. He's terrific.

But you keep swinging slugger. It feels unfair sometimes having a guy from single A swinging away in the big leagues but it's nice that you don't notice :)

Congratulations to Priddis, well deserved reward, champion player and bloke.
I had a quick look over the thread and I'm staggered there is such division on one individual. he is one player in a team of 22, not sure how he can be singled out with such disdain by some.

If this discussion was... What can be done to compliment Priddis's obvious inside ball getting talent?... then that would have been a worthy debate to have for 2 seasons.

But it isn't... This thread has been an embarrassing pox on our club for too long... the poor saps who started it and support its intent are myopic 1st derivative negators.

As far as embarrassing goes your post isn't bad. The point is we've tried to compliment for too long, when the whole system was defunct and uncompetitive. Even Priddis has espoused the need for a more attacking brand of football tonight, and the only way to achieve this is with personnel change and from a tactical perspective, Priddis is hardly immune to criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back