Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

Remove this Banner Ad

So, you can see the forest for the trees but hirdites can't ?.

Interesting.

So, you can guarantee serious stuff like drug charges, murder, assault you would fight and never surrender to the legal system under any circumstances ?.

Interesting.
yep absolutely 100%. And you can't say otherwise.

No need for asada to show evidence and compromise there position if the story is true

This is the thing, isn't it? Why give your opponent all the ammunition they need to fight you without having taken a shot at them first? If there's a deal, then deal, i.e. give and take, compromise. Don't whine for something for nothing; particularly when you have no intention of using it in good faith.

This is the thing, isn't it? Why give your opponent all the ammunition they need to fight you without having taken a shot at them first? If there's a deal, then deal, i.e. give and take, compromise. Don't whine for something for nothing; particularly when you have no intention of using it in good faith.
You can look at it another way though, if your case is watertight, why not show them their stuffed, come in and tell us what you know.
WE WANT HIRD

So what's the deal, do asadas have to produce the evidence before it goes to the panel? If not, why are we talking about it?

So what's the deal, do asadas have to produce the evidence before it goes to the panel? If not, why are we talking about it?
From my understanding ASADA don't need to give them much at all, but they are going show them SOME of the evidence And that could be the bits the players could have got from the court case

[

The players deserve to see the evidence, it has been 2 years or so, this is just pathetically ridiculous.

Put up the evidence or STFU i say.

If they have evidence show it, if they don't then piss off.

These sort of comments are brain dead. ASADA will show their evidence, once the Bombers have shown cause and they head off to the tribunal they will get to see everything. Essendon could've seen the evidence months ago but they launched legal action that had absolutely no chance of winning.

"Put up or STFU"??

ASADA aren't wandering around beating their chest. They've followed their process so far without too much fuss. Essendon are the one that are huffing and puffing by calling for court cases and demanding to see evidence when we're not at that stage of the process yet.

Last edited:

The classic martial arts scenario. In order to gain supremacy, allow your opponent to attack first. Essendon have thrown the first punch, now they are going down.

Essendon players determined not to accept guilty verdict
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...t-guilty-verdict/story-fnca0u4y-1227067062368

Good. Let it play out. No more talk of deals.

Chip getting back to work in predictable fashion.

Neil Young QC has already told them they have good grounds for an appeal but will give a power point presentation to show the board their appeal is watertight to get the go ahead. He just needs a few more months access to Essendon's treasure to pay off his chalet in the Swiss alps so I expect it will be as watertight as a frog's clacker.

Meanwhile, despite the fact that both the club and the players are demanding that ASADA show them the evidence against them, and howlling at the injustice of ASADA not doing so, Chip says that Essendon has the evidence courtesy of the lost court case. And guess what? Its weak and circumstantial.

Which begs so many questions that are not worth answering because as usual it is all a crock. I now honestly think Robbo is a better journalist. He is out of his depth doing serious stuff, but that is not his thing anyway, whereas that is all Chip does, yet does it no better than Robbo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These sort of comments are brain dead. ASADA will show their evidence, once the Bombers have shown cause and they head off to the tribunal they will get to see everything. Essendon could've seen the evidence months ago but they launched legal action that had absolutely no chance of winning.

"Put up or STFU"??

ASADA aren't wandering around beating their chest. They've followed their process so far without too much fuss. Essendon are the one tat are huffing and puffing by calling for court cases and demanding to see evidence when we're not at that stage of the process yet.

Adding to this, now ASADA have agreed to provide Essendon with their requests earlier than the process would usually dictate. Yet there are still people out there painting them as some uncooperative, immoral organisation.

They had no requirement whatsoever to had over the evidence at this point, yet they still did. And we've got people telling them to "put up or stfu".

You can look at it another way though, if your case is watertight, why not show them their stuffed, come in and tell us what you know.
WE WANT HIRD

I'm okay with all that, but I would think that the players need to show that they're receptive to dealing first. So far all we seem to be hearing is that the players, and particularly the club, have been saying, "Stuff your deals, your process and your whole reason for being. We'll fight you every step of the way and in every court that will hear us. Oh, but can we please see the evidence so we know here we stand?"

Adding to this, now ASADA have agreed to provide Essendon with their requests earlier than the process would usually dictate. Yet there are still people out there painting them as some uncooperative, immoral organisation.

They had no requirement whatsoever to had over the evidence at this point, yet they still did. And we've got people telling them to "put up or stfu".
Only "parts of the case", so its a bit of, play nice or we have more on you

I'm okay with all that, but I would think that the players need to show that they're receptive to dealing first. So far all we seem to be hearing is that the players, and particularly the club, have been saying, "Stuff your deals, your process and your whole reason for being. We'll fight you every step of the way and in every court that will hear us. Oh, but can we please see the evidence so we know here we stand?"
yeah, most of us would have no idea what the players are going through, but i bet there are people around them giving them advice on what they should do.
Like a few have said on here, once one decides enough, more will follow

I get the impression the players are giving ASADA a big "* you". They want to see the evidence when they know that is not the process followed in these situations. I would do the same if I was in this situation. Will be interesting to see whether ASADA show them what they have or whether they will look to give them a "* you" back.

Anyone know what would happen if the players don't respond to the SC notices?

Think automatic 2years

Not quite.

ASADA would then proceed to make a decision on Infraction Notices without the benefit of player input. There is no benefit to the players in ignoring the SCNs

Ian did not say that. What he suggested was that WADA does not like athletes or sporting organisations using local courts in an attempt to avoid their international rules. Which is the typical attitude of any international body. Furthermore he suggested that as this had been attempted in this case, WADA would be minded to make an example of the players pour encourager les autres.

Now he may be correct, he may not. But your level of abuse and refusal to see that is actually being said does not help.
Baldur, another view to the one that you and IanW hold
http://www.brianralexander.com/Images/WarOnDrugs.pdf

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back