Is it worth anything ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Not sure this is the correct place to ask this, i'm sure the moderators will place in the right forum.

After the win by Priddis in the Brownlow last night my wife and i are not sure if we have something of value. My wife placed a small bet on Priddis about 5 weeks ago on fixed odds- she had 5 each way on him, she's not a big gambler.

Now yesterday morning we were flying back from Perth after spending the weekend there with family and friends, and who should be on our flight, none other than the now 2014 Brownlow winner Matt Priddis. My wife decided to get Matt to sign the betting slip, which he duly did.

Now the problem we have is, will the ticket be worth something one day, and our concern is that if we decide to collect will TAB keep the ticket, then we lose the chance to have something of valuable possibly ?

Would it be worth keeping and not collecting on it,bearing in mind we will only collect $85 for the win, if the TAB won't let us keep it after collecting.

Always a bit tacky when you lean on a players good will to get an autograph and then start to think about how much it may be worth with a view of on selling it. Such behaviour kills all the good will players have. Keep it as a memento, that's what you got it for and that's the reason Priddis signed it.

Always a bit tacky when you lean on a players good will to get an autograph and then start to think about how much it may be worth with a view of on selling it. Such behaviour kills all the good will players have. Keep it as a memento, that's what you got it for and that's the reason Priddis signed it.

The reason it was signed is because we didn't really think he was a chance to be honest.

The reason it was signed is because we didn't really think he was a chance to be honest.
So you had a good collect then and you have a really nice memento to keep. Win win for you then

first thing you need to do is copy it without ruining it. I imagine it is printed on thermal paper like most TAB tickets these days. Therefore, over time, it WILL fade and then become just a piece of paper with a scribble on it. However I understand that a scanner and/or photocopier MAY also cause fading, depending on how hot it is so be careful. Do a test first with a worthless ticket - there are heaps on the floor of most TABs (and in my wallet from time to time!)

DO NOT LAMINATE IT!! the heat fades the whole thing instantly.

Then after all that you may have something worth +/- $10.00!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a big photo of Priddis holding the Charlie, frame it, stick the betting slip in there and it may be worth something in the future.

first thing you need to do is copy it without ruining it. I imagine it is printed on thermal paper like most TAB tickets these days. Therefore, over time, it WILL fade and then become just a piece of paper with a scribble on it. However I understand that a scanner and/or photocopier MAY also cause fading, depending on how hot it is so be careful. Do a test first with a worthless ticket - there are heaps on the floor of most TABs (and in my wallet from time to time!)

DO NOT LAMINATE IT!! the heat fades the whole thing instantly.

Then after all that you may have something worth +/- $10.00!!!

Don't worry i can provide worthless ones to try out first, i'm good at that :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back