Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
As for Boro. We need mass changes because we need to be fresh against Everton in midweek. That means starts for players like Enrique, Toure, Suso, Lambert etc...

Something like this.

Diamond 4-4-2

-------------Mignolet
Manquillo Skrtel Toure Enrique
--------------Lucas
------Henderson Lallana
--------------Suso
---------Borini Lambert

No starts for Gerrard, Moreno, Balotelli, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge (not yet fit) and Sakho and Lovren just about dropped on form nevermind rested.

Henderson can play because he is a machine, plus we are light on in midfield and if anyone needs a rest, it's Gerrard, not Hendo. Moreno can be rested for Enrique. Manquillo only played 20 mins against West Ham so should be fresh, plus we lack options right now at RB with Flanno and Johnson injured.

Lallana needs as many minutes as he can get. Suso needs a game as does Lambert. No idea if Coutinho is fit. If so, perhaps he gets a game as he missed West Ham entirely.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
id like to see gerrard phased out of the starting XI. the club is bigger than the individual and if his presence is affecting the team one would hope he has the maturity to say "hey gaffer, i might be the problem"

No chance mate, for both Stevie and Rodgers

Rodgers also delivered a robust defence of Steven Gerrard’s form after the skipper came in for some criticism following the setback at Upton Park.

The long-serving midfielder is set to be rested tonight ahead of Saturday’s derby.

“I’ve got no concerns whatsoever,” he added.

“Steven is a brilliant player for us. It was the team performance overall which wasn’t up to scratch.

“I feel we’ve managed his recovery really well over the past two seasons. We taper that recovery to allow him to be the very best he can be.

“He’s obviously at an age where we look at him. We want him to be involved in our big games because of his experience and talent as a player.”

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
19:45 on the 23rd... so I'm gonna say it's 4:45am wednesday morning our time? But can't find it televised...

JohnnyDrama1

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'd give Markovic minutes vs Borough as he may struggle for minutes once players such as Sturridge , Coutinho and co return from injury. Could be great to get some confidence and form into him as could be a real impact sub in the big games such as the merseyside derby this week.

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
Liverpool Echo reporting that Jordan Rossiter (17, CDM) will make his debut against Middlesbrough, Seyi Ojo (17, AM/LW/RW) may get minutes too.
Rossiter turns into a gun on FM2014. He can take Stevie's spot, problem solved! Start the development early! ;)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
If Henderson and Coutinho are out then it sounds like we'll probably have to go with the back 4/5 that jod posted, with something like this ahead of them:

--------Lucas---------
---Rossiter--Lallana----
Suso--Lambert-Markovic

Rossiter/Brannagan to make their debuts with Sterling, Balotelli etc on the bench?

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I hate our high defensive line. It's suicide in the PL which is all about pace.
We should defend deep. Gerrard is a tough one. He is arguably the GOAT in a Liverpool shirt but right now it isnt working. I wonder if he could still play further forward. Drop Lucas into his shielding role in front of the back 4. Have Henderson be box to box and play Gerrard in the number 10 like he used to just off of Torres when he was in his prime.

No idea if he could still be effective there or if he could do it for 90 mins. Havent seen him forward in years though.
Physically unable Gerrard at number 10, lol jod. Just accept his decline.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
He could do it in short bursts off the bench. But he wants to play 90 mins.

We want everyone in the front half to press, it's a huge part of our game, Stevie can't press

I don't see where he fits in anywhere anymore, but it's certainly not at holding mid. Maybe as one of the two in front of a holding mid in a home game, he could still use his passing range, but he can't hold a midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back