• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call, my point is can a cashed up club make a ridiculous offer to the best coach in the country?

Clarkson is as likely as Bickley... Different ends of the spectre though
He's said it once, its just posters keep posting the same quote rehashed in multiple different articles. Its not as if coaches in general don't have good form when it comes to changing their stance on "I don't want to coach" type comments. Alan Richardson categorically ruled out coaching the Saints, claiming he was committed to the Power. Roo's was quoted multiple times saying he didn't want to coach Melbourne. I'm pretty sure Bomber Thompson said he didn't want to stand in for Hird. Blight was never going to coach again after the Crows.

Coaches change their minds regularly and I suspect its often a case of simply offering an extra $100k a year, or in Worsfolds case my feeling is that its a Senior Assistants role, with very good money but less stress, as opposed to the senior coaches role.

Best way to miss out on the job is to publicly say " yes, I'm applying for the job"...

Being a Premiership coach just out the game Worsfold would only consider it if the Crows make a serious play for him...
His ego would not allow him to apply for the job... Does anyone think Paul Roos had a resume made up?

If we can prove exceptional circumstances, the payout money to Sando doesn't have to go under the cap amount for next year..
In 2015 the tax for breaking the cap is 37.5%, in 2016 it will be 75%..

I don't even think it needs to be exceptional circumstances ... for instance, provisions in the contract would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not entirely sure on Clarkson's health situation. But is there any chance he might want to take step back next season. A director of coaching role with his premiership player Stuart Dew as head coach.

Maybe we will do a Freo and nab someone right off the radar.

I don't even think it needs to be exceptional circumstances ... for instance, provisions in the contract would be enough.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ry-tax-territory/story-fnia3xzy-1227064731655

But yesterday the AFL confirmed Adelaide would have the chance to convince the league that Sanderson’s payout should not be included in their football department spend for next year because of “exceptional circumstance”.

I saw that, but there was follow up commentary that suggested if we were just executing a clause in the existing contract to terminate Sando, then there was no issue.
That might be part of what they use to fight for it to be under exceptional circumstances..

Depends if the AFL think it's exceptional, they might say you just extended his contract 9 months ago and then sack him.. That's incompetent, not exceptional circumstances..
The thing is this is all new so there is nothing to judge on or as precedent etc..

If we can prove exceptional circumstances, the payout money to Sando doesn't have to go under the cap amount for next year..
In 2015 the tax for breaking the cap is 37.5%, in 2016 it will be 75%..

It's also worth noting that over the past few years our football dept spend has been amongst the lowest in the AFL.

I think one of the main reasons this cap has come in is because the clubs with the higher dept spend, haven't necessarily been those with the equivalent wealth/income/performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also worth noting that over the past few years our football dept spend has been amongst the lowest in the AFL.

I think one of the main reasons this cap has come in is because the clubs with the higher dept spend, haven't necessarily been those with the equivalent wealth/income/performance.
That article actually had some figures too:

Adelaide’s football department spend was reportedly $17.2 million in 2012-2013 — more than Port Adelaide and North Melbourne ($16.3m) but less than powerhouses Collingwood ($21.2m) and Sydney ($20.3m). It is expected the cap on football department spending will be somewhere in-between.

So yes, we were below the expected cap..
Shows the difference in some clubs, Pies almost 25% more than us, Sydney not that far off them too..

I'm sure there will be ways around it. I think there would be less issues with paying it out this year than there will be in the future, If a clubs under the cap (like we are now since there is none) I don't see why they cant include the payout in that years cap. There could also the option of structuring new contracts so that more money comes in later years. We also seem to run a pretty lean football department, for a so called "have" club to not already be approaching luxury tax territory shows we haven't been putting everything we should into winning games of football.

The club will also probably find it easier to sell the hope of a fresh start and better football department to supporters and sponsors than another year like the last couple with Sanderson.

Brisbane made a big thing about how ruthless they were last year, they made the tough calls and Voss had to go. They we're going to land their big fish

But like the amateur ****s that they were, they just looked incompetent. A board challenge came cause they were so ******* stupid about it.

Talked tough but didn't have the fish in the bag.

Please God don't let this be true of us too.

It will only be true of us if we sacked Sando because we had identified and considered that we already had our replacement. I still reckon there's a good chance that the direction Sando was going was so awful that we had to put a stop to it. Sando said that they were already well advanced in 2015 planning, so was shocked to find out he didn't have a job. I'm more than comfortable with Sando getting sacked purely because he's incapable of taking us anywhere. If the next coach is equally as poor, then they can get moved on after 3 years as well. But keeping him on because we don't have a premium replacement already in the bag is treading the same path to nowhere that we've been on the last few years.

It will only be true of us if we sacked Sando because we had identified and considered that we already had our replacement. I still reckon there's a good chance that the direction Sando was going was so awful that we had to put a stop to it. Sando said that they were already well advanced in 2015 planning, so was shocked to find out he didn't have a job. I'm more than comfortable with Sando getting sacked purely because he's incapable of taking us anywhere. If the next coach is equally as poor, then they can get moved on after 3 years as well. But keeping him on because we don't have a premium replacement already in the bag is treading the same path to nowhere that we've been on the last few years.
Yep, Roo said the other morning he wasn't 100% sure but more like 110% sure it had to happen..
He also said it averted a possible disaster next year..
Things would have gone from bad to worse was another quote..

The club said about communication and relationship problems and importantly something that has been forgotten, the clubs vision and determination of where we were at as a club didn't match with Sando's.. He thought we were nearly there, that possibly also means he wanted to top up with more old players again and neglect Matt Crouch etc..

I don't see what that has to do with anything. His mind works fine, he won't be playing the game.
A) It would be nice to be able to SHOW someone techniques rather than try and explain it. Some people need the visual.
B) You can't teach freak.

I'm sure there will be ways around it. I think there would be less issues with paying it out this year than there will be in the future, If a clubs under the cap (like we are now since there is none) I don't see why they cant include the payout in that years cap.

Just pay the new coach beans for the first two years and pay massive overs in the next two.

A) It would be nice to be able to SHOW someone techniques rather than try and explain it. Some people need the visual.
B) You can't teach freak.

Yes and No, Jenny. I have coached some high level gymnastics skills that I was never able to do myself. Could still easily coach those skills as I figured out how to break them down and then teach them.

Also you are strongly recommended to not show skills, even if someone does only learn visually, as they can pick up your bad habits when they watch you. So you aren't teaching them the correct skills. If you need to use visuals, then you find tapes of skills being executed perfectly as much as possible and talk them through with your athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back