Toast Congratulations Matt Priddis - 2014 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Matt Priddis, a deserving winner.

The other thread the "debated" one, is a mix between a complete embarrassment and a source of amusement. It is very easy to chop a player down to show how much you know about footy, but what these posters are demonstrating is that they know don't actually *gasp* know everything about footy.

I would be ashamed to have a Ted Richards thread like that, or Heath Grundy, or Mike Pyke, because players with deficiencies who can play a role and play it well will eventually lead a team to success. I doubt Freo would bother with a Zac Dawson thread would they?

Anyway well done.

You're right though, Matt is receiving an unbelievable amount of love from WCE supporters on facebook right now.
And so he should. It's fantastic for him that he won last night and it's a reward for years of dedication and perseverance. I'm rapt that he won

It doesn't make him a better footballer than he was yesterday. It doesn't change the fact that as a team we are average and that more specifically our midfield needs to function better. It won't change that Simpson will likely continue to put priddis front and centre in our midfield rotation and that will continue to be a source if angst for some to varying degrees. It won't win us any more games next year

A good honest toiler who happens to be a nice bloke won a brownlow. Good on him

I reckon I made a hundred and one calculations in my head in the last few rounds last night until it dawned on me that he couldn't be beaten! Such an amazing moment and Matty thoroughly deserves the recognition for all the years of hard work, dedication and sacrifice that he has put in. He's clearly a role model and mentor to the younger players and our team would be worse off without him.

Congrats Matty, you're a legend!

Aside from the great story and our history getting a little richer with the win this will be a booster for our midfield. Priddis was rarely tagged this year if at all. He will get more attention next year-They will still most likely tag our runners still but opposition midfields will pay that little extra bit of attention to him and Shuey/Gaff and co should reap those rewards. Priddis will still be able to get his hard ball and wont be that effected. Impossible to measure but we need all the 1%rs we can get.

Look at Scott Lycett's Instagram post about him. It cannot possibly be all bad when you see this kind of morale lift in the side.

2nuk9sp.jpg

There within lies the biggest positive of all.

Matt isn't the most talented player, but game in and games out for years now he has given his all. You could never accuse him of putting in a half arse effort.

Hell if some of our more talented boys took a page out of his book we would be a much better side for it.

Perhaps seeing Pridda win the brownlow shows them that hard work and perseverance pays off and if you give it everything you have got special things can happen.

I'm over the Priddis haters, his win last night has given the rest of us a good ol laugh.

We know his deficiencies, we also know his worth. That's the difference.

Those who couldn't take a night off from bagging him after such a special night for the club, fans, players & AFL show themselves up as having little to no class.

Sometimes you have to know when to shut up.

Congratulations Matthew Priddis. 2014 Brownlow Medal Winner.

Also thanks to all the classy opposition supporters congratulating him in this thread. Top notch.

Last edited:
Congrats to Priddis!

I obviously don't watch as many of his games as you blokes however seems like he gets a hard wrap from many of your supporters. Good to see him win, seems like a really humble stand up sort of guy.

You all should be proud to have him represent your club. :thumbsu:

Well done Matt Priddis, a deserving winner.

The other thread the "debated" one, is a mix between a complete embarrassment and a source of amusement. It is very easy to chop a player down to show how much you know about footy, but what these posters are demonstrating is that they know don't actually *gasp* know everything about footy.

I would be ashamed to have a Ted Richards thread like that, or Heath Grundy, or Mike Pyke, because players with deficiencies who can play a role and play it well will eventually lead a team to success. I doubt Freo would bother with a Zac Dawson thread would they?

Anyway well done.

Most sensible thing i have heard on a West Coast Forum in a while...and its come from a non eagle. Feel Free to come on board as an eagles man because a section of our current supportor base seem to have cooked the majority of there brain cells.

Matt isn't the most talented player, but game in and games out for years now he has given his all. You could never accuse him of putting in a half arse effort.

Hell if some of our more talented boys took a page out of his book we would be a much better side for it.

Perhaps seeing Pridda win the brownlow shows them that hard work and perseverance pays off and if you give it everything you have got special things can happen.

I'm over the Priddis haters, his win last night has given the rest of us a good ol laugh.

Those who couldn't take a night off from bagging him after such a special night for the club, fans, players & AFL show themselves up as having little to no class.

Also thanks to all the classy opposition supporters congratulating him in this thread. Top notch.
Couldn't agree more mate. Priddis adds so much to this team on and off the field, just have a look at this

MY MAN PRIDDIS!!

I had money on Priddis to win it all last year... this is the same thing that happened when Swan won it, jumped on a year too early, which I've apparently managed to do AGAIN.

Anyway at least my obsession with getting Priddis into my SuperCoach teams cause less mockery from my mates when I can shove the 'Brownlow medalist' stat back in their faces.

Deserved winner. Was he the best player this year? I dunno, but he's good, and a hard worker, and deserves the recognition in my opinion.

Even before the ad break before the last round they had that viewer poll that had Boak at 60% for the win, even though Matt couldn't lose. Hilarious! :D
They still had 35% for Ablett when He was headed for the first time, just in case the umpires gave him a couple of sneaky votes with his arm in a sling... And then it went up!

I'm beyond stoked that Pridda took it out. Been getting the s**t taken out of me by my brother all year (Dockers supporter, go figure). He was genuinely scared of rocking up to school today after trolling his mates with a Fyfe Brownlow win for most of the year.

Priddis has been super consistent all year and has finally reaped the rewards.

His player sponsershop demand is gonna go through the roof next year ^_^ not many people get to tack "Brownlow medallist" onto every post.

My fav post..kudos for nailing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MY MAN PRIDDIS!!

I had money on Priddis to win it all last year... this is the same thing that happened when Swan won it, jumped on a year too early, which I've apparently managed to do AGAIN.

Anyway at least my obsession with getting Priddis into my SuperCoach teams cause less mockery from my mates when I can shove the 'Brownlow medalist' stat back in their faces.

Deserved winner. Was he the best player this year? I dunno, but he's good, and a hard worker, and deserves the recognition in my opinion.
.... So tell me, who did you put money on this year then!

I find it interesting that people are upset he won because they think it will result in him not being dropped from the side.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's the right decision, there was next to zero chance that Priddis was ever going to be traded or dropped in the near future, and considering he's almost 30 it's safe to say he'll be in our 22 until he retires.

Him winning the Brownlow doesn't change that, so you might as well just enjoy the fact that we now have one more piece of silverware.

Look at Scott Lycett's Instagram post about him. It cannot possibly be all bad when you see this kind of morale lift in the side.

2nuk9sp.jpg

Surely he's taking the piss with the spelling of "bloody", right?

I'm not too sure but I thought you guys didn't really like Priddis???

Typical vocal minority who feel they have to shout loud and often to be heard.
Many of us believe in Priddis but don't think we need to continually be dragged into a justification argument with negative people wanting to dump on a champ of the club they are meant to support.

Really thought he would have made the AA this year given the stat's he finished the year with. Top 3 in all the stat's that matter for an inside clearance player.
Glad he got the Brownlow, admittedly didn't think he would due to all the hype, which goes to show there are some people out there that rate him. People who are pretty close to the action week in and week out at that.
All the crap that he got it by default because everyone else was suspended or injured is just wrong. Selwood, Gray, Lewis and more all played out the year and were eligable so it just seems a bit of stretch to try and justify the negative views of said vocal minority.

So no please don't associate us guys with the "really don't like Priddis view"
I would say most of us do, hey he's a brownlow medalist what's not to love. :D;)

Congrats Pridis must be hard to get votes when you have the quality of shuey,selwood

Hi all I'm new to bigfooty. Priddas brownlow win has inspired me to join. What a great win for our club, adding yet another piece of silverware to our collection. 3 and 3 isn't bad at all. Ian Dargie's posts sadden me, as this should be a time for celebration that we pulled off one of the greatest trolls in history. This is our big * YOU to the AFL for making us pay money to help struggling clubs. This is our big * YOU to the Freo fans who harped on about Fyfe all year. This is our big * YOU to the Fox Sports Victorian Cheer Squad. Finally, this is Matt Priddis's big * YOU to armchair critics like Ian Dargie who are constantly trying to put him down.

Congratulations Matt Priddis, great to see a player who, although overlooked early in his career believed in himself, worked hard to prove it & show the rest of the footy world what a bunch of mugs we were. Excellent bloody effort :thumbsu:

Hi all I'm new to bigfooty. Priddas brownlow win has inspired me to join. What a great win for our club, adding yet another piece of silverware to our collection. 3 and 3 isn't bad at all. Ian Dargie's posts sadden me, as this should be a time for celebration that we pulled off one of the greatest trolls in history. This is our big **** YOU to the AFL for making us pay money to help struggling clubs. This is our big **** YOU to the Freo fans who harped on about Fyfe all year. This is our big **** YOU to the Fox Sports Victorian Cheer Squad. Finally, this is Matt Priddis's big **** YOU to armchair critics like Ian Dargie who are constantly trying to put him down.
Here Here!!! - Keep posting young fella
This is a proud occasion for our PROUD club which has definitely given its supporters more joy that heartache over our 28years.
As the thread reads: CONGRATULATIONS Matt Priddis!!!!!

Its really not that difficult... If you've got a blatantly negative view of the bloke, GO ON A DIFFERENT THREAD!!!!

Pridda has guts and determination, MAKES ME PROUD TO BE A WEST COAST EAGLE!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back