• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolute silence around any activity related to our coaching appointment. No spotting of people in town, no spotting of our officials (bar Danger with Clarko) interstate. There are 16 teams worth of candidates currently not doing anything, with some decent candidates amongst them, and we've had a week since Sando got the chop.

Given that they would have had some sort of list of candidates prior to ditching Sando, it only takes a day to ring them all and make times to see them. You'd think there would be some urgency, given Bluey's possible dismissal, to get in first. You'd think there would be some sort of activity.

Joining the dots, we have our man/men.

Hypothetically if Clarkson is our man, will he have to adapt his game style? Our team isn't the most skilful. Or does it mean that players like grigg jaensch smith etc become our most important players?

Hypothetically if Clarkson is our man, will he have to adapt his game style? Our team isn't the most skilful. Or does it mean that players like grigg jaensch smith etc become our most important players?

If we were going to conduct interviews I doubt we'd need to wait until after the GF as there are plenty of candidates from other clubs that we could interview in the meantime. I think it's highly possible that we already have someone on the hook who's in the GF, not necessarily Clarkson, although that would be jaw dropping awesome.:p It would certainly explain the suddenness of Sando's sacking.

Its something that he will perfect over summer.

A) It would be nice to be able to SHOW someone techniques rather than try and explain it. Some people need the visual.
B) You can't teach freak.

I'm pretty sure Jars did some goal kicking coaching a few years back. Maybe he's one of those freaks that's not able to get the message across? Otherwise why wouldn't he have stayed on?

I'm pretty sure Jars did some goal kicking coaching a few years back. Maybe he's one of those freaks that's not able to get the message across? Otherwise why wouldn't he have stayed on?
He ate all the pies and was subsequently kicked out of the 'boys club'.

Fud doesnt know how he does it... he just does it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best mate lives in Croydon, near that nice little Queen St precinct with the cafes and such. He works from home, and every once in a while he trots down to Queen St for a coffee and cake. During July / August, he runs into... Clarkson. Says Clarkson was a bit sheepish as he didn't want to be recognised.

Weren't the Hawks playing the Crows in July this year?

I'd want an amazing team around Bassett.

What's the recent success rate of former players coaching their old clubs?

Games (W L D)

Voss = 109 (43-65-1)
Ratten = 120 (60–59–1)
Roos = 202 (116–84–2) 1 flag
Worsfold = 281 (149–130–2) 1 flag

-- Jury out on these current converts --

Hird = 66 (36-29-1)
Leppitsch = too soon
Buckley = 70 (42–28–0)

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
I'd want an amazing team around Bassett.

What's the recent success rate of former players coaching their old clubs?

Games (W L D)

Voss = 109 (43-65-1)
Ratten = 120 (60–59–1)
Roos = 202 (116–84–2) 1 flag
Worsfold = 281 (149–130–2) 1 flag

Am I missing anyone?
Are these guys who are no longer coaching their clubs?
Current ones are Leipich, Hird, Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back