Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is "Wiz" Devine might be making a comeback with either Lindisfarne or Hobart. Would be a handy pick up for experience alone if he was to play at Hobart.

Re: The Wiz.
I reckon he'd be at Lindisfarne if anything if he were to make any sort of comeback. I was talking to his uncle about four weeks ago and he said that he was going over there and was pretty disillusioned with what was going on with North Hobart.
Haven't heard any talk at Hobart about him playing up there, mind you, I'm not around the club much apart from matchdays so that might have changed but I doubt it.

I reckon he'd be at Lindisfarne if anything if he were to make any sort of comeback. I was talking to his uncle about four weeks ago and he said that he was going over there and was pretty disillusioned with what was going on with North Hobart.
Haven't heard any talk at Hobart about him playing up there, mind you, I'm not around the club much apart from matchdays so that might have changed but I doubt it.
The kingpin is back!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I believe he's already spoken with Lindisfarne.
If Hobart pay the $$, we would be keen.
Can someone from Hobart confirm if this is the case?
Check with players or coach.

Fair point. I just think 3rd and 4th are well above the bottom 6 as well. I dont think the bottom 6 can beat East Coast or Lindisfarne.

Still of the same view? Halfway through the year with Dodges 3rd and Lindisfarne 4th. And from what I saw of Brighton a few weeks back I reckon they can push for 5th spot if they keep their best side on the park. They've got a good coach and plenty of good youngsters. I think 3rd to 6th is pretty even really.

Still of the same view? Halfway through the year with Dodges 3rd and Lindisfarne 4th. And from what I saw of Brighton a few weeks back I reckon they can push for 5th spot if they keep their best side on the park. They've got a good coach and plenty of good youngsters. I think 3rd to 6th is pretty even really.

Yes, Dodges appear to have surprised a few. They werent looking too good prior to the season starting. They have done well. I'm not sure Brighton can push into the top 5. Whose spot would they take. They will be 2 games out of the 5 at the end of the first round. It would appear 3rd, 4th and 5th could be very close. East Coast have looked a bit fragile lately whilst Lindisfarne appear to have stepped up a bit. You would think Lindisfarne will beat Dodges next game. Third to fifth looks pretty even.

Yes, Dodges appear to have surprised a few. They werent looking too good prior to the season starting. They have done well. I'm not sure Brighton can push into the top 5. Whose spot would they take. They will be 2 games out of the 5 at the end of the first round. It would appear 3rd, 4th and 5th could be very close. East Coast have looked a bit fragile lately whilst Lindisfarne appear to have stepped up a bit. You would think Lindisfarne will beat Dodges next game. Third to fifth looks pretty even.

Brighton will need to win a lot of games to break in but they're capable of it. Think at their best they are better than East Coast. Still a lot of football to be played though

A couple of interesting clearance applications.

Nathan Griffith from Lauderdale to Dodges.
Jack Taylor-Evans from Sorell to New Norfolk.

What's happened to this league this season, so many one sided games this season. Major problems with the huon clubs, lack of underage footy. Not a good sign for the future

Apparently it's Scott Wade's fault :rolleyes:

Who said that ? Obviously not great results on the w/e but it was the top 2 sides playing the bottom 2 sides. The league could look interesting in a year or two when the TSL goes to 1 team per club. Would a TSL 2s side get near NN ? Doubt it!

Apparently it's Scott Wade's fault :rolleyes:

As much as people are getting tired of all the Wade bashing on here I'm sure there are just as many people over you defending him and AFL TAS. You are obviously a Wade apologist and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you think he has done nothing to the brand in Tasmania you have been living under a rock or you don't listen to the general football community. You only have to acknowledge the amount of letters written to the Mercury over the last 2 years to realise the public angst against him.Do you realise there are hundreds of Wade detractors who wouldn't even bother writing to a paper to complain about him. In fact can you name 5 things Scott Wade has done to improve football in this state?

As much as people are getting tired of all the Wade bashing on here I'm sure there are just as many people over you defending him and AFL TAS. You are obviously a Wade apologist and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you think he has done nothing to the brand in Tasmania you have been living under a rock or you don't listen to the general football community. You only have to acknowledge the amount of letters written to the Mercury over the last 2 years to realise the public angst against him.Do you realise there are hundreds of Wade detractors who wouldn't even bother writing to a paper to complain about him. In fact can you name 5 things Scott Wade has done to improve football in this state?

What does he have to do with the state of how the SFL is going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said that ? Obviously not great results on the w/e but it was the top 2 sides playing the bottom 2 sides. The league could look interesting in a year or two when the TSL goes to 1 team per club. Would a TSL 2s side get near NN ? Doubt it!

I agree totally with you, but there are people blaming Scott wade left right and centre for this, but not sure why? he has absolutely nothing to do with the running of the SFL. Hobart are uncompetitive because of the restrictions put on them by the administration by the league they play in and there lack of being able to obtain the players from previous years and also there lack of interest in trying to run and develop a successful junior program. Cygnet are probably a victim of circumstances of there better players wanting to try out in the better league but history says they will be back up there again soon. What people need to realise is instead of blaming New Norfolk and Claremont for being head and shoulders above the rest maybe just maybe the onus be thrown back on the rest to catch up a level or two, remembering when New Norfolk went from the premier league to the SFL in it's current form they were far from being anything spectacular and Claremont were easy beats of the competition. I reckon sides need to get off there ass holes and have a real crack if they want to become successful and stop blaming everyone else.

Agree. Its getting old listening to people whinge about the domiance of those clubs. Dont like it ? Then improve and beat em...

What was the crowd yesterday?

We've been a few SFL GFs over the years. I didnt think it was quite as big as last year, but it was a good crowd. Being a pretty nice day saw many spread out in the sun on the southern side hill. Both 'wet' areas were packed. I'd have a guess & say 4500?, maybe?, if that. Call it 4K then;)
Maybe having the TSL prelim on at the same time made a slight difference. Poor planning AFLTas, again, again, again, etc. Footy nuts like us would have gone to both games if one was on saturday night or sunday.
We went out to the 1/4 time huddles. It seemed the coaches had very different messages & a different use of the language to express themselves:p
I though New Norfolk played a very good brand of footy. They were just too good. Especially around the midfield. They ran & spread well. Their forwards were given the ball 'lace out'. The little guy 'weapon' cut them up & kicked 6 himself, not bad from a midfielder! Claremont looked tired by 1/2 time.

Would have been a biggie in the Valley of Love on saturday night. :D

We've been a few SFL GFs over the years. I didnt think it was quite as big as last year, but it was a good crowd. Being a pretty nice day saw many spread out in the sun on the southern side hill. Both 'wet' areas were packed. I'd have a guess & say 4500?, maybe?, if that. Call it 4K then;)
Maybe having the TSL prelim on at the same time made a slight difference. Poor planning AFLTas, again, again, again, etc. Footy nuts like us would have gone to both games if one was on saturday night or sunday.
We went out to the 1/4 time huddles. It seemed the coaches had very different messages & a different use of the language to express themselves:p
I though New Norfolk played a very good brand of footy. They were just too good. Especially around the midfield. They ran & spread well. Their forwards were given the ball 'lace out'. The little guy 'weapon' cut them up & kicked 6 himself, not bad from a midfielder! Claremont looked tired by 1/2 time.

Would have been a biggie in the Valley of Love on saturday night. :D

was pretty rowdy in dodges ferry!!

silly season.........
billy lamprill coaching hounville ... fielding,savage to go with!! and lange back!!!
cassidy a chance to coach lindisfarne,asking big big big$$
there is still a few other clubs searching for coaches..

silly season.........
billy lamprill coaching hounville ... fielding,savage to go with!! and lange back!!!
cassidy a chance to coach lindisfarne,asking big big big$$
there is still a few other clubs searching for coaches..

Has Huonvilles current coach stepped down ? have heard the Cassidy rumour as well. any other whispers ?

By the selection process there were a few things that I'm hearing that annoyed various people.

the fact that applications were in for almost a month and people did not hear from the committee at all until last week.

The fact that they accepted Mathew Smith's application via telephone call, 2 weeks after the closing date! ( only for him to withdraw to take a gig with Glenorchy)

The guys that applied for the reserves job still hadn't heard anything this week officially from the club and also that a 3rd reserves coaching applicant was accepted only last week after the Lewis interview! which in turn (along with the fact that Iles & Griffith missed out on the ones job) lead to the 2 former applicants - one whom is a life member and would have done a great job and the other a very committed club person who possibly wasn't the correct choice but has brought sponsorship and around 20 players with him ( all be it 2's guys) but now both these applicants have withdrawn taking a large contingent with them.

another point being that the coaching appointments were made without the full committee's input or even consultation (as stated in the clubs constitution) rather interviews were conducted and appointed by the president, secretary, colts coaches and Randall Castle a former club person.

I did hear second hand that Nat and Robbie had no issue with the interview process (2 hours also apparently) and they were both very disappointed the club decided to go the other way but accepted their decision.

that said also the reasons apparently given for Lewis and Mills over Iles and Griffith was that the later pair wanted to recruit too many players and Moose wanted to work as much as possible with the current crop? Benny you may have heard different?

if true though and that is another reason blokes are leaving as you stated 8 wins 46 losses - how much development is there?? they need to spend a little and get some more talent to the club.

I not sure on this but I know that Moose is keen to develop the young kids into good senior players, back to back flags obviously a lot of talent there that has been under utilised.

One year on and I believe Sorell FC have made the right call. Double the wins from 2013, much improved percentage and a warehouse of young talent. It's been a while since things have been this positive When you came to play Sorell in 2014 you knew you were going to have to work hard to get the points. With Moose at the helm, continued improvement from the younger players and a few recruits, an attack on the finals is not out of the question for 2015! :footy::footy:

One year on and I believe Sorell FC have made the right call. Double the wins from 2013, much improved percentage and a warehouse of young talent. It's been a while since things have been this positive When you came to play Sorell in 2014 you knew you were going to have to work hard to get the points. With Moose at the helm, continued improvement from the younger players and a few recruits, an attack on the finals is not out of the question for 2015! :footy::footy:

Hi Moose

2 posts and you already making an idiot out of yourself

Why don't you focus on talking footy?

It is very early days but does anyone have information on player/coach movements? From what I can gather there will be new coaches at Dodges Ferry, East Coast Bombers, Lindisfarne and perhaps others. East Coast have lost some quality. We have contacted a few players.
At this early stage I would be replacing Dodges/East Coast in the top 5 with Sorell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back