Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the catalyst for change. The cat amongst the pigeons.

There are only two things different at our club before Sando was sacked.

1. Roo was appointed to the board in a temporary position.
2. Steven Trigg was replaced by Andrew Fagen.

I don't think its simply the Ricciuto show... I would contend that its the Fages/Riccuito show.

Noble. People keep forgetting Noble. He is the one who is in charge of the Footy Department and providing advice.

I'm hoping this is the case.
Its Nobel, Roo, Fagan at this point in time. Nobes has had his finger in so many pies he would be the most qualified at the club to give an overall picture.
Interesting that there has been nothing about any of the rest of the coaching panel futures.

The other trigger for change has been cutting the apron strings from the SANFL. I don't think these changes would be happening if they still had control.

Just conflicting stories about how it went down..
There is an ad for country homes using Bernard Vince. The add started weeks before he was traded. He was announced an AFl player and had no crows merchandise on whatsoever. Just a country homes shirt. Thought it weird at the time. Did they know he was leaving? Or was this moonlighting one of the reasons they moved him on? Add still getting played.

There is an ad for country homes using Bernard Vince. The add started weeks before he was traded. He was announced an AFl player and had no crows merchandise on whatsoever. Just a country homes shirt. Thought it weird at the time. Did they know he was leaving? Or was this moonlighting one of the reasons they moved him on? Add still getting played.

This happens all the time.

Nah nothing to do with anything, they want exposure for their business..
They usually wear a shirt of that business, everyone knows he's Crows player Bernie Vince, that's why they use him.. Don't need to put him in Crows colours..

Regarding Trigg I think it is pretty clear now he was not leading us in the right direction (cause that was really in dispute to begin with). But I think that only became clear to the Board when it was voiced by an influential player in Roo. I mean in the space of a couple of months we have gone from a really strong position, well run, lots of success on the horizon, and the best CEO in the land bar none to suddenly lots of work needing to be done, disappointing results, and not accepting mediocrity.

Either in the short time without Trigg we have crumbled, or the man himself was a big part of the problem. Considering we will be undoing a lot of his work over the next couple of months I think the Board now know which one it is.

My gut feel with all this is that we have some people on the Board who have been unhappy with the direction of the club for a while (since tippetgate) who would have been fighting to try and get change. However they would have been surrounded by Trigg’s mates or those who can be easily influenced. I dare say they were part of a big push in getting Roo in to push their agenda (and his own) in becoming a Roothless club, putting a face to the movement. I think the appointment of Fagen is a big indicator the rest of the Board now know what is needed. I mean I somehow doubt we actually had a unanimous vote to keep Trigg, but the Board would have to say that to seem united.

The sacking of Sando is another step in the right direction and another indicator that the balance has shifted, but there does need to be some accountability from the Board. I dare say a few of the Trigger men will be given their marching papers soon.
Can someone whos more familiar with boards tell me, is it legal/ethical for a board to lie about the outcome of a vote?

Can someone whos more familiar with boards tell me, is it legal/ethical for a board to lie about the outcome of a vote?
They don't lie about it. What happens, for example, is that if the vote came up 7-3 for the motion, they would then revote in the interest of unanimity (because it would pass anyway) and the vote is 10-0.

In more breaking news Crows COO Nigel Smart has come up with a plan to tackle Port Adelaide's dominance of the pre-game entertainment at Adelaide Oval.
He want
I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet.

Noble knows everything that goes on in the footy department, surely he knew of Sando's sacking before it happened.

Why was he interviewing new assistants before the Sando announcement?

I can see 2 scenarios,

1.He didn't know Sando was being sacked and was recruiting Sando a new assistant. Highly unlikely.

2. He knew Sando was gone and was putting together a new team

If 2. Is correct, why would he be looking at new guys before the head coach is even appointed? I'm tipping the head coach has been appointed behind the scenes. I'm convinced Clarko has been in the bag for some time.

Lyon to Freo, Tippett to Swans, Franklin to Swans, Clarkson to Crows, wouldn't surprise me.

Danger has a history of meeting new recruits in Melbourne at this time of the year, he met Brad Crouch before being drafted, met Sando in Melbourne after being appointed. Danger met Clarko to talk about AFC's 2015 not IR 2 days before the preliminary final.

Clarkson has lived in Adelaide before, it's not an issue, just like when Eddie was snared.

Clarkson was asked about the job and instead of saying, "I'm contracted for 2 more years" he just said he hasn't been approached, sound familiar?

Caro has mention his get out clause...

I just have this feeling the club are comfortable with their decision to pull the trigger on Sando and they know the media will soon come around once the see this, dare I say it, 'big fish' in the net.

#clarkoscrows2015

Of course Nobes knew - it was his decision to make as head of football dept.
Slightly bizarre him also working under Sando in coaching box but then again it also means he knew Sando's style better than anyone (and was not happy).

They don't lie about it. What happens, for example, is that if the vote came up 7-3 for the motion, they would then revote in the interest of unanimity (because it would pass anyway) and the vote is 10-0.

I don't know how the Crows Board rolls but ..... the Federal Cabinet runs however the PM wants to run it, but after something is decided they all adopt 'cabinet solidarity' and in public speak in support of the decision (even if they disagree with it and voted against it).

Most PMs let everyone have their say, sometimes there is a vote (Bob Hawke) and sometimes the PM will listen to views and without a vote say 'OK, I have decided....' (Howard).

I presume the Crows Board would adopt the practice of 'Board solidarity', so there is no public dissension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how true this is but a wife of an employee was going to file a sexual harassment suit against him but the club fired him to please her.

Like I said, don't know how true this is.

In more breaking news Crows COO Nigel Smart has come up with a plan to tackle Port Adelaide's dominance of the pre-game entertainment at Adelaide Oval.
He want

Of course Nobes knew - it was his decision to make as head of football dept.
Slightly bizarre him also working under Sando in coaching box but then again it also means he knew Sando's style better than anyone (and was not happy).
No better place to see if a Coach has it or not than sitting next to him in the box every week. Maybe that's why Noble was given the job? Because he had doubts and wanted to see up close and personal what Sando was up to?

I don't know how true this is but a wife of an employee was going to file a sexual harassment suit against him but the club fired him to please her.

Like I said, don't know how true this is.
Hmm. Bosses wife works at the club. May need to ask.

Hmm. Bosses wife works at the club. May need to ask.

Dangers girlfriend works at Pandora (opposite the Crows shop) - might go buy a bracelet and ask her.

BTW - she hasn't said anything about leaving. Wifes bestie works with her at Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back