Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my thoughts. obvously the most successful clubs' coaches would be in line for the award, and both Clarkson and Longmire have coached well, so no surprises, but interesting to see how Ken is being viewed and respected by all and sundry!

Yeah. I guess I saw Ken's COTY as being for doing something above what would have been expected. Longmire and Clarkson, well I'd expect their teams to be right at the top. Since most pundits thought we wouldn't make the eight this year I think yet again, Ken has achieved something above what was expected.

Doubt Ken would give a rats tossbag of course.

Yeah, my thoughts. obvously the most successful clubs' coaches would be in line for the award, and both Clarkson and Longmire have coached well, so no surprises, but interesting to see how Ken is being viewed and respected by all and sundry!
The way I see it, how many people tipped Sydney to play finals? Virtually everybody. How many tipped Port? About 2 out of 20. And which team has been nominated by many as the most watchable in the AFL? No contest: Port Adelaide. On that basis, Kenny wins hands down!!!!

The way I see it, how many people tipped Sydney to play finals? Virtually everybody. How many tipped Port? About 2 out of 20. And which team has been nominated by many as the most watchable in the AFL? No contest: Port Adelaide. On that basis, Kenny wins hands down!!!!
And the fact that we almost (shoulda) knocked off Hawthorn to make the Granny, without any bought big name stars, and with TWO key positions missing ... He outperformed as a coach!

Kenny, the People's choice!!

And the fact that we almost (shoulda) knocked off Hawthorn to make the Granny, without any bought big name stars, and with TWO key positions missing ... He outperformed as a coach!

What?

This award is worthless anyway. Should go to any meteoric rises like Ken last year but outside of that should and does just go to the top placing coach.

Another KPF and.... what other position are lacking glaringly in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie Wines (drunk) may have just put his mobile number on instagram. #lel

Or more likely, a teammates.

If he asks the dick pics werent from me

yn6ta6t.gif

Rishittio said on MMM they would offer our Ken $1m to coach them.

The irony is, if he was the sort of guy to take that offer, he wouldn't be worth it.

pfft pretty surprised if Mark believes that, I thought he was alot more in-touch and smarter then whats suggested , if he doesn't realize that Kenny's not money orientated and someone to bail when the job is not completed , Kenny is a man of integrity , commitment , loyalty, not a football mercenary , the PAFC club and community go hand in glove with Kenny, something our rival over the road will never understand, their motto is if they cant be gifted something then throw oodles of cash at it, difference between a healthy culture with respect nation wide and a me too club with the inmates running the asylum

Another KPF and.... what other position are lacking glaringly in...
We played most of the year with one tall forward short, and one ruckman short ... 1+1= 2 players short of a grand final berth! IMO if we had a Ryder and an in-form, straight kicking, Butcher in 2014 ... We would be celebrating a granny on Sunday next!

We played most of the year with one tall forward short, and one ruckman short ... 1+1= 2 players short of a grand final berth! IMO if we had a Ryder and an in-form, straight kicking, Butcher in 2014 ... We would be celebrating a granny on Sunday next!
We weren't a ruckman short against Hawthorn, nor would our side accommodate both Butcher (lol) and Ryder.

Gotta love the crows board for an early morning belly laugh.

So concurrently we have one thread where we have 'sources' suggesting sando was sacked to avoid a complaint being raised against him by someone outside the club.... in amongst all the sando bashing thats escalate since his sacking..... interestingly non of these sources had goss beforehand.

Simultaneously we have a thread suggesting the decision was made at the start of the year when they secretly locked in a replacement.... of course the big name coach is coaching this weekend. Fyi both head coaches this weekend signed multi year extensions during or just before the season.

Gotta love the crows board for an early morning belly laugh.

So concurrently we have one thread where we have 'sources' suggesting sando was sacked to avoid a complaint being raised against him by someone outside the club.... in amongst all the sando bashing thats escalate since his sacking.....
Always thought there was more to the story of Sando giving that granny a lift to the game.

Heard this from a reliable source... The Crows are gonna revolutionize the comp by appointing co-coaches... Here they are going in for an interview with key stakeholders...

wagner_bunting_002.jpg
Well they are the Team Of All Souf Ostrayrians.

If by business savvy you mean, "set up with pre-existing, self-running, cash-based businesses that operate in an industry renowned for under-the-table payments and close-to-wind employment practices" then yes, he is very savvy.
He also let his brother use his name for the used car yard without a licence

Interesting way to look at it. We then lose 2 runners, and that's why we ended up being as good as we are. Might gain 2 talls but losing those 2 runners would drastically change the way we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back