• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of respect to my source and the AFC I am not going to name individuals, except to say that the MAIN 'team' of coaches will come from those remaining in the finals and that supporters WILL be happy.

Barring massive injuries, don't be surprised to see Adelaide firmly entrenched in the top 4. With the right culture and mind set, that was achievable this year. We now have to wait until 2015...but it's going to be exciting!
Brad Sewell and LRT as off season signings? ;-)

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

Out of respect to my source and the AFC I am not going to name individuals, except to say that the MAIN 'team' of coaches will come from those remaining in the finals and that supporters WILL be happy.

Barring massive injuries, don't be surprised to see Adelaide firmly entrenched in the top 4. With the right culture and mind set, that was achievable this year. We now have to wait until 2015...but it's going to be exciting!

All good, hope you get it right mate.. None of what I have written is having a go at you in any way.. Just being the pessimist in this scenario, we haven't got many decisions right the last few years and seems out of the movies we would get a Longmire or Clarkson to come here assuming they are one part of the team..supporters will be Meh with any other main choices.

ok so this all looks good and as if people think clarckson is the guy but if it is him i can't see him leaving hawthorn to move to Adelaide as a senior coach. If these rumours are to be believed then I am thinking Dew with Clarko as his mentor

I'd have blakey ahead of those guys.
773939-jon-blake.jpg

he could do behind closed doors and be all the coaches. badly.

Lack of senior coaching experience.
Never played at that level.
Worked his way up from lower grades

I think he will be overwhelmed by the expectations that the club has and wants.

We need a big name coach with a solid reputation.

I'm with you Alex.. I also remember hearing how impressive Neeld was when interviewed and he was brilliant when interviewed on 5aa.. I will admit I lost plenty and was quite dismayed when Melbourne " stole" him off us.. Who knows he may have been good for us?

Yeah, nah....

You wouldn't think it would be Longmire seeing as he signed a contract extension in march that will see him through to the end of 2017.
Contract extensions mean nothing ;)

All due respect but if you know about this and it's been going on for as long as you say then surely it would have leaked somewhat, not to mention that Roo seems to have been the instigator in sacking sando, he wouldn't have been able to make these decisions earlier, Trigg has left, lots if people in different scenarios now, surely Trigg or someone would have known and it would have leaked, which top level people would be able to make this call and not have Anyone in the media know. Are you saying your source is within the crows or the new coach? There aren't many at the crows that would be privy to this prior knowledge except chapman, Trigg, maybe roo but doubtful using timeframes, you mentioned Melbourne game I believe, so doesn't add up.. Sorry to look like I'm shooting you down, not my point at all, just looking at this from an open perspective, if it's clarko then amazing, pretty obvious it's not longmire and unsure why we would be so pleasantly surprised with Bolton or dew.
I think he's saying he has a contact who is related to the new coach.
Yes. No and No. Forget about JC.

Need to wait a few more days after Monday.
Forget about JC? So we're not getting him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this tactic...sign ALL the coaches so no one else has a coach!
I like it!

Head coaches:
Clarkson
Longmire

Directors of coaching:
Roos
Sheedy
Malthouse
Matthews
Worsfold
Pagan
Blight
Williams

Senior assistants:
Lyon
Hinkley
B Scott
C Scott

High performance expert:
Hird

Fill out the line coaches from the rest.

Mark Neeld's attitude, demeanour, ideas and personality never sold himself as a good coaching option. Malthouse has earned the right to be an arrogant, angry prick because he has the record. Bolton at least sells himself as a communicator and someone you could work with. Neeld sold himself as "its my way or **** off!"

Again, not fighting for Bolton. Just saying he is not Mark Neeld.

Mark Neeld impressed by explaining how flexible he was.. He was interviewed on 5aa and impressed most on here by saying how different players needed to be treated differently. He gave Dane Swan and Daisy Thomas as examples.. Swan wasn't obsessed with footy and wanted quick explanations and would leave meetings. Thomas was obsessed wanted more details than others. Neeld explained how he adapted to the players which impressed us as we compared that style to Neil Craig...

I'll bet it's not Clarkson. You guys get a serious case of confirmation bias when you want something to happen.

It's just like Charlie and the chocolate factory!

"Should we tell Charlie that the last ticket is gone?

"No, let him have 1 more dream"

Contract extensions mean nothing ;)
I could fathom Clarkson, but no amount of mental gymnastics makes me think Longmire will be our next coach.

I did hear 2nd hand from someone Who knows a player well, that they really didn't care when Sando was sacked. I won't elaborate, but it wasn't very complimentary. Believe it if you want but I have no reason to doubt them.

No offence Croweater but if you're an epic troll and we wind up re-employing Neil Craig with a succession plan of Mark Bickley then I will demand you be permabanned from life itself - not just the Internet.

If it's right however then I'll shout you a beer you magnificent bastard.

Excuse me if I don't get too excited just yet though.

So, to summarise.

If the club fired Sanderson because he wasn't doing his job, or he had shown that his best wasn't good enough - you'd be ok with that, as long as we have someone lined up as his replacement before we fire him. Right?

If the club kept Sanderson even though he wasn't doing his job, or he had shown that his best wasn't good enough - you'd be ok with that, because we didn't have someone lined up as his replacement if we fired him. Right?

Rookie coaches are a waste of time - only coaches who have won premierships need apply.​

End summary.

Nah that's not what I am saying at all. Except the rookie coach thing that's pretty much true. Why bother? Many pro leagues give the reigns to big clubs just based on their playing careers. Coaches earn the big jobs

As for Sando, this is either a lie or it was a long time coming. If it were the latter there is no good reason to not have something lined up

The reason senior industry execs have long notice periods is so you can manage their replacements. You don't wait for them to go and then cross your fingers some one will turn up

When we knew Sando wasn't cutting it, we should have set things in motion

ok so this all looks good and as if people think clarckson is the guy but if it is him i can't see him leaving hawthorn to move to Adelaide as a senior coach. If these rumours are to be believed then I am thinking Dew with Clarko as his mentor
From what Sydney have said, the only way they'll let Dew out is if he is appointed as a head coach. Was the reason that he didn't end up going to Melbourne, because they had their succession plan.

So that'd likely mean if Dew is the guy, then either Ratten or Clarko would be in as the senior assistant. I really have no problem either way if it's Clarkson, simply having him in the box would be a huge get.

Mark Neeld impressed by explaining how flexible he was.. He was interviewed on 5aa and impressed most on here by saying how different players needed to be treated differently. He gave Dane Swan and Daisy Thomas as examples.. Swan wasn't obsessed with footy and wanted quick explanations and would leave meetings. Thomas was obsessed wanted more details than others. Neeld explained how he adapted to the players which impressed us as we compared that style to Neil Craig...

That's a pretty decent pitch. But many guys have sold themselves over the years and not delivered on it. Kwame Brown once told Michael Jordan he would never regret drafting him.

This was last wednesay...before caro mentioned Clarkson I believe...

Our new coach will be coaching in the GF this year. He will win the cup and be at Adelaide a week or 2 later.

Watch this space.

You will all be shocked.

We had an open cheque book and we have used it.

My Clarkson theory is catching on I see.

;) Enough said.

But then this...

I thought the poster indicated a coach not the head coach.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back