Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been floated, but I don't like the idea of them giving ultimatums to Danger like that, I don't think that's going to make him any quicker, or any more willing to sign.

And Danger will need to agree to the trade. If Melbourne are involved then I can only see it being a 3 way trade to get Danger elsewhere and more senior players into Melbourne.
I Love Paddy but he needs to committ, if he doesnt then the club bust draw that line in the sand and get the best they can for him, rather then a mid table compensation pick in 2015.
The way i see it, if you really wana stay somewhere you just do it.... And if he cares abt the state of the team next year, he would just sign and stop the disruptions he will cause next year.

I Love Paddy but he needs to committ, if he doesnt then the club bust draw that line in the sand and get the best they can for him, rather then a mid table compensation pick in 2015.
The way i see it, if you really wana stay somewhere you just do it.... And if he cares abt the state of the team next year, he would just sign and stop the disruptions he will cause next year.
I dont blame him for waiting til the new coach is appointed, hes right, the club is in a state of flux right now, so let that settle.

Yep. This FA thing has played into the players hands so far. Clubs are not going to let this continue without firing a few shots themselves.
They just cant afford to keep the status quo with players stringing them along then leaving for bucket loads of cash and the club gets piddly compensation pics.

Yep. This FA thing has played into the players hands so far. Clubs are not going to let this continue without firing a few shots themselves.
They just cant afford to keep the status quo with players stringing them along then leaving for bucket loads of cash and the club gets piddly compensation pics.
once free agency came in they should have changed the 'player has to agree to the trade' rule.

With compo picks, if theyre traded do they remain aligned to the ladder position of the original club? ie if we get a 1st round compo that we trade to gws, and gws use it, do they get a pick after our 1st pick, or after theirs?

But does that mean the player can then leave the club you trade him to after 1 year (if he was an FA in 12 months)?
im just sayin they should do something with it because it seems a little stacked in favour of the players right now...but yeh I believe that's how it works in the good ol' US of A?

anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But does that mean the player can then leave the club you trade him to after 1 year (if he was an FA in 12 months)?
Not sure. Doesn't FA apply to how many years you spend at a club? So the Crows could trade Danger, and he'd lose his FA status, so if he wanted to leave his new team he'd have to work out another trade the next year? Either way, Danger does have power in this, despite his denials. He won't agree to being traded to a side he doesn't want to spend time with long term.

FA trades happen in the NBA a fair bit. Usually teams get offered very little unless the player being traded agrees to a contract extension along with being traded. No teams willing to give up major assets for a 1 year rental on a guy.

What crap are they now spewing?
Basically nothing speculation and rabble rabble rabble. Apparently there is turmoil and everything has to do with port not actually having to do with under performing consecutively, no actual information. Just speculation that Ratten would have to be in the picture, hell we are probably just listening to them and they are probably just reading what we say and repeating it back.

Not sure. Doesn't FA apply to how many years you spend at a club? So the Crows could trade Danger, and he'd lose his FA status, so if he wanted to leave his new team he'd have to work out another trade the next year? Either way, Danger does have power in this, despite his denials. He won't agree to being traded to a side he doesn't want to spend time with long term.

FA trades happen in the NBA a fair bit. Usually teams get offered very little unless the player being traded agrees to a contract extension along with being traded. No teams willing to give up major assets for a 1 year rental on a guy.

I think this is correct. FA is about service time at one club, if he was traded his clock would reset and he'd lose FA status

Red card for anyone who drops stuff like this and pisses off without saying.
I don't have a proper source for it. Don't want to spread bullshit and me saying anything will give it breath, which it doesn't deserve it it ends up being false and seriously impacting his future career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back