2014 NHL off-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just bought my Blackhawks tickets vs Ducks/Senators. $400 in total :oops:

Just bought my Blackhawks tickets vs Ducks/Senators. $400 in total :oops:

The price you pay :(

I'm contemplating a 220 USD ticket for Penguins @ Toronto.

I don't mind paying that much to be honest. Glad I'll get to see them.

I don't mind paying that much to be honest. Glad I'll get to see them.

For the odd game it's okay, but you have to feel for regular fans who just cannot afford it.

As a comparison, 400 bucks is a bit more than my Melbourne season membership and just a little less than my Genève-Servette hockey season membership.

But I guess a huge team like Chicago is a victim of its own success in this regard.

The price you pay :(

I'm contemplating a 220 USD ticket for Penguins @ Toronto.
When are you going to be in town, mm? If it's the November game, the Pens are going to be in Buffalo a few nights earlier and tickets there start at $68 each. I'm contemplating a road trip down to Buffalo this season. Tickets in Toronto are just too crazy.

I'm not sure how much they are, but I do know they sell out instantly and there's probably a 10 year-long waiting list to get in. All the corporations that own them (and there are a ton), just renew them every year. To put it in perspective, some of the best seats in Ottawa go for over $7,000 per season.

When I went on a tour of the ACC during the lockout (grrrrrr) in 2012, the guide said that Leafs tickets were often like hens teeth especially when a rival or a big team came to town. It is pretty mental. In comparison, I saw the Lakers play at the Staples Center for less than $80. To be fair though I was in the top deck, but I was mid court.

Yeah, $80 is pretty much the cheapest seat you'll find at the ACC and you're way up in the rafters behind the net. It's a disgrace.

When I went on a tour of the ACC during the lockout (grrrrrr) in 2012, the guide said that Leafs tickets were often like hens teeth especially when a rival or a big team came to town. It is pretty mental. In comparison, I saw the Lakers play at the Staples Center for less than $80. To be fair though I was in the top deck, but I was mid court.

To be fair though. It's basketball.

:D

There will be no 24/7 for the Winter Classic this year. Can't say I really give a s**t with their shite selection.

Caps vs Hawks... who cares.

Well, HBO won't be doing it this year. It may still get done by some other group, although I'm sure it won't be as good as the product HBO usually ends up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Kings vs Winnipeg Jets
La Kings vs St Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks vs Ottawa Senators
Chicago Blackhawks vs Anaheim Ducks
Florida Panthers vs Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals vs Calgary Flames
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche

My updated list of games I'll be seeing,

Has not been a good start to training camps for a number of teams. Add Staal and Stepan to the growing number of players to have suffered injuries thus far, including:
- Crosby
- Malkin
- Giroux
- Josh Harding (allegedly kicked a wall after an on-ice disagreement with a teammate)
- Kimmo Timonen (blood clots)
- Jonathan Drouin
- Daniel Alfredsson

Has not been a good start to training camps for a number of teams. Add Staal and Stepan to the growing number of players to have suffered injuries thus far, including:
- Crosby
- Malkin
- Giroux
- Josh Harding (allegedly kicked a wall after an on-ice disagreement with a teammate)
- Kimmo Timonen (blood clots)
- Jonathan Drouin
- Daniel Alfredsson
Add Datsyuk to the list, out for 4-5 weeks with a shoulder. Just after I acquired him for my Fantasy Hockey team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back