News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to see him try he'll have to admit he was doped and risk a 2 year ban.
Listen I know it's a tough time for your club as a supporter and you don't want anyone to leave, But the best thing to do is to rid the club of all the dirty laundry and start fresh.

Ryder playing in the 2's on 500k while not wanting to be there even though he just quit makes no sense and does not help Essendon win a flag.

It's stupid.

Listen I know it's a tough time for your club as a supporter and you don't want anyone to leave, But the best thing to do is to rid the club of all the dirty laundry and start fresh.

Ryder playing in the 2's on 500k while not wanting to be there even though he just quit makes no sense and does not help Essendon win a flag.

It's stupid.

Offering pick #16 is not going to help EFC win a flag.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Helping EFC get a flag is surprisingly not one of our aims :confused:

You may be right that in normal circumstances 16 on its own would seem under, but given the strong possibility of a ban lurking over Ryder's head his current trade value would be vastly different

Sorry but EFC won't just accept #16 a player would need to be included not an untouchable but one that's on the cusp of breaking into your side.
HAHAHAHA
He could walk for nothing and you are trying to argue for more.

Just be happy you havent had your team disbanded completely.

Dude you shouldn't be thinking about flags, you should be thinking, holy crap we will actually have 22 players left that aren't banned or left the team by next year.

Club has already paid the price this is about EFC getting fair compensation.
What price?

What price has the club paid, your cheating coach got a nice paid holiday and a fat sum of money up front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club has already paid the price this is about EFC getting fair compensation.
The club has paid the price for poor governance Now comes the doping part our first round pick is reasonable Port is not out to shaft anyone.... and this is if he chooses us we are just making that assumption because it's fun reality is his family needs to be happy if Paddy feels he needs to be in Brisbane to make that happen you will be getting less or nothing because Paddy is going to pull the trigger on the exit clause if pushed

So talks begin........I feel for the players and fans of the efc but unfortunately the club took a big risk in trying to get ahead and win a flag and it backfired bsdly for them. The way the club has managed the situation has been terrible in my opinion I feel players interest have not been a top priority. This was never going to bode well so much of team success relies on trust. Anyway you look at it there are going to be efc players who will want to leave especially with the mismanaged solution brokered by the club. I dont think there is anything wrong with talking to these players about their future endeavors.

Sorry but EFC won't just accept #16 a player would need to be included not an untouchable but one that's on the cusp of breaking into your side.

The latest media talk is that Ryder has a get out clause in his contract possibly included in the wake of the ASADA investigation which we are now told began in 2011. Ryder re signed with Essendon for four years in mid 2012 so he would have known about ASADA sniffing around. I think #16 is a pretty fair price and possibly the best deal Essendon are going to get. I agree that the Bombers could play hard ball but if a guy doesn't want to be there you have to get the best deal you can and I do not think Essendon fans could argue with the no 16 pick.

Don't suppose you would consider a straight swap Butcher for Ryder? ;)

The latest media talk is that Ryder has a get out clause in his contract possibly included in the wake of the ASADA investigation which we are now told began in 2011. Ryder re signed with Essendon for four years in mid 2012 so he would have known about ASADA sniffing around. I think #16 is a pretty fair price and possibly the best deal Essendon are going to get. I agree that the Bombers could play hard ball but if a guy doesn't want to be there you have to get the best deal you can and I do not think Essendon fans could argue with the no 16 pick.

Would be insulting to Butch to ask. Wouldn't mind if Mitchell was genuinely interested in going there and they wanted steak knifes

My preference is still not to offer anything and to take Ryder as a delisted free agent. Whatever good will there was completely evaporated the moment Essendon & Hird took the "we'll sue you" approach.

Given their actions and stubborn refusal to accept responsibility they shouldn't be surprised if the remaining 20 players quit the club, leaving "I'm chasing a premiership" Goddard on his lonesome - which is what he really fears now that Ryder wants out.

Sorry but your going to have a hard time getting players to break contracts with us to go to your mob.Pick 16 will get it done, all the bravado from Essendon doesn't amount to anything

My preference is still not to offer anything and to take Ryder as a delisted free agent. Whatever good will there was completely evaporated the moment Essendon & Hird took the "we'll sue you" approach.

Given their actions and stubborn refusal to accept responsibility they shouldn't be surprised if the remaining 20 players quit the club, leaving "I'm chasing a premiership" Goddard on his lonesome - which is what he really fears now that Ryder wants out.
What a mess for the EFC it's almost to the point where they should let any player not comfortable walk & only keep the guys that are 100% in, Hird will probably get the chop as well as admin changes it may decimate them initially but it's the only way to gain back respect & rebuild the club.

If the EFC want to be realistic they can at least get something for Ryder

Last edited:

No it's not in his contract, it's now an AFL duty of care rule introduced as part of this saga. It applies to all players.

Ryder could walk
The AFL Commission earlier this year passed the new rule, which was pushed by the players' union as a result of the Essendon drugs scandal, after the AFL Players' Association's mid-term review of its collective bargaining agreement.
Ryder could walk

What EFC do with pick #16 decides whether it will help them win a flag. And Paddy Ryder is damaged goods. If he does a deal for a 6-mth ban then Essendon may be able to get a fair trade for him but if it is the full ban he is worth nothing. The club has very little leverage here and if a trade's offered I'd accept it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back