Toast Congratulations Luke Hodge - 250 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

images

images

images

images

images

To one of the most inspirational leaders this great club has seen, congratulations on reaching 250 games.
I am going to be completely selfish and say that I want to see more of the same next weekend as I witnessed last year.

Im putting my $$$ on Hodgey for Norm Smith. What better way to celebrate a huge milestone with a NS and a premiership.!! Good luck Captain!

Hodgey getting chaired off after a win in his 250th is all I want. The GF is of no consequence. Well done Hodgey. NS medal would be nice too...

So proud he is a part of our team. He was born to be a Hawk! Everything about him represents our great club to a tee. He is inspirational, courageous, skillful, humble and so damn good! Thank you for being a part of our team Hodgey, and thank you for being the fantastic player you are.

Hodgey won't be carried off this week... he will be carried around the ground on the players shoulders holding the premiership cup aloft! Bloody brilliant man! so much man love for Hodgey its not even funny!

A general out on the ground, a man with great presence. He knows what he wants and he goes all out to get it. One of our true greats and a true leader on and off the ground. Nobody would be more deserving than Luke Hodge to lead his mighty Hawks to the most improbable B2B premierships in history. He's one of the main reasons we battled through illness and injury, setback after setback, to see us battle off in another Grand Final. What a true champion in every sense. I hope he leads his men to the sweetest of victories this Saturday. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Hodge has had another very good year without anyone even talking about it, no selection in the AA squad and hardly ever spoken of anything but being a great leader! But I feel that all of that will be changed on GF day when he notches up another NSM!!! He has been a lot better than people give him credit for as he played more Midfield time then since 2010! Brilliant in all aspects.

Mitchell mentioned in his HawksTV presser today that as with every milestone game the team will sit down and watch a highlights package of the milestone player together.

Now THAT is the kind of inspirational highlights package they'll want to be watching in the lead up to a cut throat Grand Final. Every piece of play will perfectly illustrate to every player who will line up on Saturday afternoon exactly what it will take from them to achieve greatness by Saturday night: Everything.

I grew up idolising Peter Knights and Dermott Brereton but without a shadow of a doubt Luke Hodge has been my favourite player over the years.

Everything I love about Hawthorn is encapsulated in Luke Hodge.

Congrats champion of the HFC.
thumbsup.gif

Here's MinerBoy using his nervous son (circa 2006) as an excuse to get a shot with the great man :)

PhotosXmas05-Mar07110_zps9637b24b.jpg

I still remember his 100th - beating the blues by 100 :)
Hopefully the team puts in another huge effort for his 250th (not expecting a 250 or even 100 point win, just a victory will do!).

Guys all these posts are fantastic makes me so proud to have Hodgey as one of us.
Please,Please lets salute for the great man, but knowing him it will be all for the team.
Go Hawks!!

Hodgey is the man, what a player, what a bloke what a champion. bring it home this Saturday Hodgey you deservie it you CHAMPION

Remove this Banner Ad

Back