• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roo wrote of how you look for a new coach in a sequence:
1. Current coaches
2. Past coaches
3. Assistant coaches

Pretty clear to me that if we find the right man in step 1, the rest doesn't happen. Regarding step 1, he wrote:

The first place you look is at the current senior coaches of AFL clubs to see who is available. But what you typically find is that the good ones are usually contracted and sewn up for the next few years and only in extreme circumstances can those contracts be broken.

This is very hypothetical. He says it is unusual, but in no way suggests it won't happen this time. Or hasn't happened already. The article is quite generic -- a public-domain outline of a general process for finding a new coach, including all the steps you don't bother with if the right answer comes out early.
Wow you sound very optimistic and wishful. I can't say I interpreted the article the same as you.

Did anyone else pick up Roo referred to Andrew Payze as Head of List Management?

He's Chairman of the List Management Committee.

ANDREW PAYZE
Appointed: 30 January 2001; current term expires 2015
Current Position: Director & AFC Life Member
Current Committees: List Management (Chairman), Integrity & Compliance

But my second point being, the panel might be looking at more than one position. Head coach first. Once (if) that is locked away, the panel might have more work to do.

I don't trust Bolton.

Brendon+Bolton+AFL+Rd+11+Hawthorn+v+GWS+rji0r1j7Piel.jpg

ramsay.jpg

But my second point being, the panel might be looking at more than one position. Head coach first. Once (if) that is locked away, the panel might have more work to do.

Yep Roo has clearly said it's about getting the coaching team right, not just the one person

More than one announcement to come

My latest info is due to Clarksons health. After the Grand Final he will be announced our Senior Assistant with Dew, Sumich or Bassett as head coach

My latest info is due to Clarksons health. After the Grand Final he will be announced our Senior Assistant with Dew, Sumich or Bassett as head coach
Clarko with Bassett.

I would forgive the AFC for their incompentance over the past half decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko with Bassett.

Clarko with Bassett.

Would prefer Clarko to lead for a year or two with a successor coach named.

EDIT: Premiership year post count (1997). It's a sign.

There is nothing wrong with his health.
I had a slightly worse case of Guillain Barre and I am fine now.
Unless he has other health issues, its not a factor.

You'd imagine Clarko would want to work with Dew
TBH if we get Clarko as DoC/SA, it wouldn't matter to me who we made head coach.

Just been looking up Guillain–Barré syndrome. Most people recover fully from it, but there are cases where people can have long term disability as a result.

There is nothing wrong with his health.
I had a slightly worse case of Guillain Barre and I am fine now.
Unless he has other health issues, its not a factor.
could be more the fright it gave him made him re-evaluate his life during that period.

Perhaps less stress and more family time are more important than they were because it showed to him how quickly things can change. Does he still have family here too, maybe he wants to also be closer to them as part of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back