Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit different to the Albury magoos yesterday. I battled to find a player for them that looked as though he may even shave.
Albury reserves have plenty of depth and did so last year as well, the gap is reflected in the Grand Final score. Some of these players must be ripe for other clubs to snare and develop if they are looking for senior opportunities.

Well done to the Swans and Warby. It is a credit to the club the way they have turned things around from the Mecka era to earn a spot in the Granny. As much as people don't like the 6 in the GVFL the clubs all finished as their ladder spots indicated. Swans will give the Saints a real run for their money. They were good yesterday.
I would have to think the league and the general GV footy public would be disappointed with the standard of umpiring yesterday. As one of the best leagues in country footy the performance of the umpires was woeful and did nothing to enhance the game as a spectacle. No consistency in their decisions and numerous frees missed for both sides made for a rather embarrassing effort from these guys. Never have these guys in charge of a final again!!!!!!
The Sheldon incident was ugly. I had a clear view of what occurred and it isn't something we want in footy. The Swans player ran 15 - 20 metres facing opposite the direction of play to take him out off the ball as he was watching the play ahead of him with a round arm to the head. No report, might be fair enough from the umps as it was off the footy, but they gave a free kick!!! Why was the free kick awarded and why wasn't the player carded if it was seen by the umps?If this has occurred in the AFL the player concerned would be looking at SEVERAL weeks!! Not sure what follow up is being considered but the action of the Swans player lacked not only integrity but courage.
I'm certain Dirty would not want to take it further but the league may get involved as it wasn't good for the game.
Would hope the Swans don't take this tactic into the GF for Martinello, if he plays, or Morgan.
There seems to have been a couple of incidents that haven't been acted upon by the officiating umpires at the time.Most leagues are very swift to act on any unsavoury incidents as it is a bad reflection on the league and coming from a league in Melbourne that had a very bad reputation,good players stop coming to the league
I would hate to see the Swans target Morgan and Martinello on Sunday as they are both players who put their head over the ball and to have some coward take them out would be a very bad look for the Swans and the GVFL

"In the 2013 season, 321 players represented M.U.F.C. organised into 9 teams by more than 70 honorary officials and staff at a
cost of more than $330,000.00." - Melbourne University Football Club Annual Report 2013.

I wonder how many GVFL clubs would be approaching this figure to field three football teams.

"In the 2013 season, 321 players represented M.U.F.C. organised into 9 teams by more than 70 honorary officials and staff at a
cost of more than $330,000.00." - Melbourne University Football Club Annual Report 2013.

I wonder how many GVFL clubs would be approaching this figure to field three football teams.
Conservative estimate that most clubs would spend 150K on players, then more on equipment, taping, league fees , bills, insurances and of course coaches at three levels etc so I reckon that it would be well in excess of 250K for a club not having a crack and those in the mix a fair bit more?

Watched the Morningside vs Labrador GF up here today, and as expected the unbeaten Morningside won by 10 goals plus. Just wanted to let you know, ex Kyabram player Simon Seddon, bagged 10 goals for Labrador, all in the second half,,, a magnificent performance.And that was for Labrador, the loosing team.
How did former tat player jy warren go?

Leagues usually don't investigate onfield incidents unless asked to do so by a club and then an investigator is appointed. I'll keep saying it, two central umpires can do the job, having a third just doesn't work. If the GVFUA wish to continue appointing three umpires then one should have the role of "emergency" who sits and watches for off the ball incidents and can make reports and send players off. This is not the AFL and the more umpires that we have the more that seems to be missed.
The o&m's videoing of games and MRP seems to have had a effect . Perhaps it will become the norm ??

Well done to the Swans and Warby. It is a credit to the club the way they have turned things around from the Mecka era to earn a spot in the Granny. As much as people don't like the 6 in the GVFL the clubs all finished as their ladder spots indicated. Swans will give the Saints a real run for their money. They were good yesterday.
I would have to think the league and the general GV footy public would be disappointed with the standard of umpiring yesterday. As one of the best leagues in country footy the performance of the umpires was woeful and did nothing to enhance the game as a spectacle. No consistency in their decisions and numerous frees missed for both sides made for a rather embarrassing effort from these guys. Never have these guys in charge of a final again!!!!!!
The Sheldon incident was ugly. I had a clear view of what occurred and it isn't something we want in footy. The Swans player ran 15 - 20 metres facing opposite the direction of play to take him out off the ball as he was watching the play ahead of him with a round arm to the head. No report, might be fair enough from the umps as it was off the footy, but they gave a free kick!!! Why was the free kick awarded and why wasn't the player carded if it was seen by the umps?If this has occurred in the AFL the player concerned would be looking at SEVERAL weeks!! Not sure what follow up is being considered but the action of the Swans player lacked not only integrity but courage.
I'm certain Dirty would not want to take it further but the league may get involved as it wasn't good for the game.
Would hope the Swans don't take this tactic into the GF for Martinello, if he plays, or Morgan.

What an absolute load of garbage. I too was there and have seen the video. It was a fair and square hip and shoulder. There was no "round arm" whatsoever. The real damage was caused when Sams head hit the deck, which it did very hard.

Sam has a broken jaw as a result of the impact.

Have you ever said a game was well umpired on here? When you watch afl and compare the inconsistencies that we see on a regular basis, I think that we are pretty well looked after in the GV. Bagging umpires is a cancer to the future of our game and where possible we should be supporting them as to encourage growth of numbers.

Sorry mate but this was one of your ridiculous posts that I could just not ignore.

What an absolute load of garbage. I too was there and have seen the video. It was a fair and square hip and shoulder. There was no "round arm" whatsoever. The real damage was caused when Sams head hit the deck, which it did very hard.

Sam has a broken jaw as a result of the impact.

Have you ever said a game was well umpired on here? When you watch afl and compare the inconsistencies that we see on a regular basis, I think that we are pretty well looked after in the GV. Bagging umpires is a cancer to the future of our game and where possible we should be supporting them as to encourage growth of numbers.

Sorry mate but this was one of your ridiculous posts that I could just not ignore.

A couple of points, firstly I am one who thinks that the umpires in the GV do a pretty good job. As a regular to GV games I have seen a number of good performances throughout the year. Unfortunately the ones who did the game last Sunday were not amongst the ones that I have mentioned. They were poor, they were inconsistent and they made far too many errors for umpires involved in a game of the status of a GV prelim. You might disagree with me, but the couple of thousand people who were at the game supporting both teams wouldn't.
As for the Sheldon incident. Stand by what I saw and I too have seen the video. What I find a load of "garbage" is that you call it a fair and square hip and shoulder. When is taking a guy out off the footy fair??? What I find really disappointing is this incident is dangerous. Loads of people saw what happened, its on video and nothing has been done. I feel the league has a responsibility to the game and should have acted. That is just my opinion.
The damage to Sam's jaw was done on contact by the Swans player. He was unconscious before he hit the ground, there were grazes to his head from the ground, but my friend he was truly out to it before that and he certainly didn't suffer the jaw damage as a result of any contact with the surface.
There is one very lucky Swans player who is playing tomorrow and I hope we don't see a similar action in the GF. The contact to Sam wasn't "fair and square" he was taken out by a cowardly act.

Seems to be a bolt from the blue....I can assure you that its not a nice feeling seeing your job advertised:mad:
You would think Donka would be saying 'see ya later'. Fair enough clubs needs to make hard calls , but it seems a harsh in this situation where he's stepped up to the plate on the back of a controversial finish last year, when the club needed someone to step in and steady the ship. You would've thought he would've been worthy of an opportunity over at least 2 years. If I was Donk I would be feeling a bit used and abused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of points, firstly I am one who thinks that the umpires in the GV do a pretty good job. As a regular to GV games I have seen a number of good performances throughout the year. Unfortunately the ones who did the game last Sunday were not amongst the ones that I have mentioned. They were poor, they were inconsistent and they made far too many errors for umpires involved in a game of the status of a GV prelim. You might disagree with me, but the couple of thousand people who were at the game supporting both teams wouldn't.
As for the Sheldon incident. Stand by what I saw and I too have seen the video. What I find a load of "garbage" is that you call it a fair and square hip and shoulder. When is taking a guy out off the footy fair??? What I find really disappointing is this incident is dangerous. Loads of people saw what happened, its on video and nothing has been done. I feel the league has a responsibility to the game and should have acted. That is just my opinion.
The damage to Sam's jaw was done on contact by the Swans player. He was unconscious before he hit the ground, there were grazes to his head from the ground, but my friend he was truly out to it before that and he certainly didn't suffer the jaw damage as a result of any contact with the surface.
There is one very lucky Swans player who is playing tomorrow and I hope we don't see a similar action in the GF. The contact to Sam wasn't "fair and square" he was taken out by a cowardly act.
All Sam had to do was look up he would of seen the contact coming a mile away he still has a duty of care to himself to look at what's coming, and if it was so bad Ky would of lodged an investigation. But That would take longer than a week so the swans player would of played anyways.
Also did you happen to see the swans boys dropping like fly's behind the play after the hit for 5 or 10 minutes Ky lowered there colours. I saw plenty a stray elbows and some swinging arms to me that's worse than doing what we all would do and lay a big Sheppard when the games on the line.

Lets focus on the game, Benalla by 8 points week off will help in the hot weather with Tyson Sidebottom BOG

You would think Donka would be saying 'see ya later'. Fair enough clubs needs to make hard calls , but it seems a harsh in this situation where he's stepped up to the plate on the back of a controversial finish last year, when the club needed someone to step in and steady the ship. You would've thought he would've been worthy of an opportunity over at least 2 years. If I was Donk I would be feeling a bit used and abused.

Could be part on the footy clubs constitution that they must advertise for the job every year.

Interesting to see Benalla has named Will Martiniello.

Good to see that a drought will be broken on Sunday (Benalla 1940 - in the GV and the Swans 1970) especially since both clubs have lost grand finals recently.

Going for Benalla by 9 points.

Benalla by plenty ... not sure what they have to do to achieve outright favouritism?

Where did you hear of the retirement of Dirty Rowey? Ky can't be happy surely ...

y
Win News apparently.
yes was on win news that dirty has pulled the pin!! Scott beattie would be an early fav to take that role..
Benalla are outright favs for the weekend and fair enough with an undefeated season but it will be a huge contest and swans will be throwing everything at bringing the cup home for warby...

y

yes was on win news that dirty has pulled the pin!! Scott beattie would be an early fav to take that role..
Benalla are outright favs for the weekend and fair enough with an undefeated season but it will be a huge contest and swans will be throwing everything at bringing the cup home for warby...

Not sure Scott will do the job..seems pretty settled running Pub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back