Soundwave 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundgarden have been great every time I've seen them. That BDO festival with Kanye (who thankfully didn't play in Adelaide) was pretty good - SG were in great form, and Chris' voice sounded better in many ways than it did back in the 90s, which was a big surprise for me.

That said, my opinion is that Faith No More are a better live band. I'm really looking forward to both. The real question for me is whether to pull the trigger on a two day pass. Thankfully Adelaide won't sell out, so there's no time pressure.

I must be exceptionally thick but I can't find the BUY TICKETS sign on the page I keep getting referred to. Just get an invitation to subscribe, but I'm already a subscriber! Can anyone help please.

Apparently Opeth were asked to come, but they're apparently going down the Queens of The Stone Age route and said no festivals.

Pretty sure QOTSA did most major festival across the US and Europe last year/this year. Lollapalooza, Coachella, Reading & Leeds, etc.

As for this, they kind of ruin Soundwave with the pop-punk stuff IMO. I don't mind some of it, and I know they're trying to be as diverse as possible, but it'd be cool if there was just a straight metal/heavy rock festival. Doesn't have to be kvlt black metal s**t, but bands like New Found Glory and All Time Low on the same bill as Lamb of God and Judas Priest is a bit off IMO.

Pretty sure QOTSA did most major festival across the US and Europe last year/this year. Lollapalooza, Coachella, Reading & Leeds, etc.

As for this, they kind of ruin Soundwave with the pop-punk stuff IMO. I don't mind some of it, and I know they're trying to be as diverse as possible, but it'd be cool if there was just a straight metal/heavy rock festival. Doesn't have to be kvlt black metal s**t, but bands like New Found Glory and All Time Low on the same bill as Lamb of God and Judas Priest is a bit off IMO.
Australia doesn't have the population to support separate festivals for the different genres. I'm not sure how it "ruins" Soundwave though. If you don't like those bands, don't see them. There are plenty of heavy bands to get you through the day satisfied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Festivals kind of suck, let's be honest. Couldn't imagine going for only a handful of bands, but no sideshows from the headliners is always a pain.

Festivals kind of suck, let's be honest. Couldn't imagine going for only a handful of bands, but no sideshows from the headliners is always a pain.

I do that every year. Not anymore since they aren't coming to Perth but there is usually only 3 or 4 bands on the bill I want to see/actually like.

Not sure about Slipknot...

Have they replaced Joey Jordison and Paul Grey yet?
Yeah. Bassist is (band haven't announced, but it's s good as) Alessandro Venturella, and the drummer is rumoured (this is a lot less strong than Venturella) Jay Weinberg (ex Springsteen, punk background - his old man was a long time E Street drummer).

I'm stoked for this. Had a M&G with Slash this week, his new album isn't bad - nothing earth shattering, just good, old school RnR

Got my 2 day pass. Keen for LOG, Soundgarden, FNM (though they'll clash with LOG :(), Ne Obliviscaris, Fear Factory and The Bennies on 1 day and then Judas Priest, Apocalyptica, Slash & Crossfaith on the other day. Hoping Machine Head are on the 2nd announcement!

I'm keen for Ministry as well, and they were great when the played the Big Day Out many years ago. Only problem is their last couple of albums were genuinely terrible. Let's hope they play none of that...

Love Ministry - saw them last time around at the BDO, then the following night (?) at The Palace. Their albums may have gone downhill after Psalm 69, but some individual tracks are still quality:

I was almost alone in the world in thinking that The Dark Side Of The Spoon was actually a decent and interesting album, but you get that :)

There were a couple of good tracks on The Last Sucker and Houses of the Molé was good as well. Let's not mention their last two albums though - Al should have given it away when he said he would...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back