Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed.

This is complex but it comes down to quantity vs quality.

Pick 1 is a big carrot but there was only one player I was ever going to take - Peter Wright. My ruck division is weak and Wright will be a R/F listed player.

Having looked through players invited to camp as well as FA's I think there are ruck options I can find deeper in the draft so it comes down to Wright + deeper mids vs Acres, Sheed and deeper rucks.

Rockford and I both seriously rate Acres. He wouldve been a top ten pick if he wasnt injured last year and Alan Richardson has said that he would've played as many games as Billings if they werent taking such a cautious approach.

His 4 year contract extention is a big sign of how highly the Saints rate him.

He has also been working with Sam Fisher as part of the clubs mentor program so im hopeful that he will get B status in the next year or two and develop into a real weapon.

Dom Sheed is another who couldve gone higher but for injury. The Eagles wouldve taken him at #6 but a late season injury (collerbone I think) saw his stock drop a little and they got him at #11.

Big time ball winner and knows where the goals are too. He will develop his tank, play less as the sub, and start putting up numbers in a couple of years.

Giving up Hampton was tough but Ashby presents a unique angle. He wasnt one of the 'Dirty 34' and with today's judgement there will be openings in Essendon's 22.

Ashby had a spot early days, got hurt, then couldn't wrestle it back from Winderlich/Hibberd/Gleeson late in the season.

Ave 13 touches from just over 60% game time (incl a 0 touch game as the sub which drags him down) and he seems to be rated by the Essendon fans as one who can step in and be best 22 straight away next year.

Im happy giving up Sinclair as he is clearly the 3rd option now at West Coast and would just be taking space on my bench.

I think the deal as a whole balances out right now but personally I think there is a big chance this blows up in Rockford's face :p

Im not in the draft until #22 now but I have added 4 great back options and 2 high end mids from last years draft as well as a cluster of mid range picks to bolster depth positionally.

Like most deals, its a big risk, but I think that Rockford needs to absolutely nail #1 (Not as easy this year) in order to come out ahead.

Good explanation L_W_P, I hope it works out for you. My understanding of the draft was that apart from Wright there are pretty much no quality ruck options, so I look forward to seeing who you target late :)

The thing with Wright is that he wont play as a ruck at AFL level. He will be more of a Tippett style forward who gets ruck status.

Still a very good option but in reality I have Stanley, Vardy, Vickery, Grimley and McKernan who all play that style.

What I really need is a ruckman who can get me some hitouts over the next few years and I think there are a couple there to look at ;)

I think the deal as a whole balances out right now but personally I think there is a big chance this blows up in Rockford's face :p

Thanks. I'm nervous about the trade, Acres I rate very highly and Sheed is no slouch. I would've taken Acres at pick 8 in last year's draft had a) Billings not been available and b) I'd not agreed to let him slide.

Hampton I've been enquiring about all season. His stats are pretty good and at 21 and 46 games he's got natural improvement left in his game. Adding him to my fleet of guys like Laird, Golby, Sutcliffe and Seedsman in the hope that some of them develop along the Hibberd route. Hampton is as good a chance as any in that group to lift his stats to the next level over the next couple of seasons.

Sinclair is much over muchness. He's behind Lycett and Naitanui at West Coast and he's also behind Witts and Nicholls on my list but it's nice to have a little extra bit of security in the event of some sort of longer term injury to either of my Eagle rucks. If he's playing AFL it means Lycett or Naitanui are missing… if he's playing for the Raiders it means that Lycett or Naitanui AND Nicholls and Witts are missing.

So really, I need to nail pick 1. I don't think I'd necessarily * it up (drafting a lemon I mean) but for me to come out of this trade with any value I really need to pick up an individual that offers more to my best 22 than either Acres or Sheed would've in my midfield long term. That might be tricky with beating Acres (who will develop along the lines of Kennedy at the Swannies IMO) but I've got some ideas around how I might achieve that whether it's part of another trade or used in the draft I think I should at least be able to get to a place where I've broken even.

Who knows what will happen, the only player who has proven himself at AFL level in this lot is Hampton (somebody who like Rockford, I have been chasing too!), but as GWS improves, so will he need to, in order to hold his spot. In this comp though there are very few rewards without risk.

Is that 3 years straight with Rockford having Pick 1?

My list management strategy is pretty transparent really.

I think it would be the last two, but he also traded for Daniher who was Pick 1 in our 2012 draft - so he has the last three number one picks- assuming he keeps it :)

From that draft I think the top 8 went Daniher, Grundy, O'Meara, Wines, Crouch, Whitfield, Viney and Mayes. I've had Daniher, Wines, Whitfield, Viney and Mayes all on my list at one time. And I've tried trading for Grundy, O'Meara, Crouch (and Macrae) at one time or another.

My list management strategy is pretty transparent really.

As is mine, but we are pretty much polar opposites, with me trading out as many picks as possible these last two years. I have traded Pick 5, Pick 15, Pick 16, Pick 19, Pick 25 last year and this year Pick 6, Pick 9, Pick 15 and Pick 20. The year before that I traded Pick 1 for Armitage (now Gaff), Vardy (now Redden) and Pick 20 (Hrovat).

Interested enough, you still have Wines and Daniher while I now have Whitfield and Mayes.

Two completely different list management models, but the same aim. Who will have the greater dynasty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will have everything updated tonight guys and girls :)

Do we have any female coaches???
My missus says she feels like she's one of the coaches because I "bloody tell her everything anyway".
You make it seem like there is something wrong with a wife taking control of her husband's fantasy team ;)
the_league_jenny.jpg

Should be up to date with retired and de-listed players now. Anselm out just in time as Tutty takes the helm of a list that is being stripped more and more each week.

Im off to the Gold Coast for a week folks so very limited posting and updates until the 13th. Good luck and happy trading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back