Mod. Notice Have Your Say - BigFooty International Board

Which best describes the state of the BigFooty International Footy board?

• Great - no changes needed

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Good - a couple of minor tweaks required

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Poor - major changes needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello fellow International Footy fans,
With the IC14 finals here, we would like to invite all of you to provide feedback about the state of the BigFooty International Footy Board.

To begin with it would be great if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll above, but more importantly it would be appreciated if you could post your thoughts about how things are going within this thread regarding this board. Everything is fair game; from us the moderators, to the quality of the discussion on the board itself, to the structure of the forum and everything in-between. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think the International Footy Board can improve, what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, what we could be doing and what we should be doing. Also your general thoughts about your use of this forum would be welcomed.

We as Moderators won't touch or reply to this thread for 7 days to allow everyone the chance to respond without us jumping in all the time to reply. That will come after the 7 days.

Thanks

Your Mod Team

AuckMel Over The Post The_Wookie

PS: Please be mindful of the board rules before posting, as they also apply to this thread (keep it polite, keep it civil, refrain from getting personal regarding other posters). If you have problems with other users please contact the moderators privately. We reserve the right to delete posts that breach Board Rules.

Already responded on the womens footy board, and the response here would be similar.

My suggestion would be, first, create specific stickies relevant to specific areas, such as European footy, USAFL, International cups, foreign players playing in Australia, etc etc.

Then market to the associations in each country the benefits of a central board for discussion of issues that is also highly visible to the general public (and other footy regions).

The benefits are, a general discussion board that they do not have to run, that allows easy cross pollination of ideas, that raises the profile of international footy to the general footy fan, and enables easy linking of people across the globe with similar interests/goals.

Seems a no brainer to me, but they will only come to the board if it seems worthwhile, and it will only seem worthwhile if there are relevant interesting poster using it.

Already responded on the womens footy board, and the response here would be similar.

My suggestion would be, first, create specific stickies relevant to specific areas, such as European footy, USAFL, International cups, foreign players playing in Australia, etc etc.

Then market to the associations in each country the benefits of a central board for discussion of issues that is also highly visible to the general public (and other footy regions).

The benefits are, a general discussion board that they do not have to run, that allows easy cross pollination of ideas, that raises the profile of international footy to the general footy fan, and enables easy linking of people across the globe with similar interests/goals.

Seems a no brainer to me, but they will only come to the board if it seems worthwhile, and it will only seem worthwhile if there are relevant interesting poster using it.

That's a good suggestion targeting different areas . North America, Europe, Asia, ICs, AFL players(from O/S) and Women's Footy.
Might generate some interest here.

We have a limit on the amount of stickies we can do, but no reason why those threads can't stay at the forefront of the forum with regular contributions. For me that would be the real issue as there's nothing worse than a heap of threads with one or two posts in them.

Of course we could always sticky one thread and title it "Australian Football, News from around the World"

We have a limit on the amount of stickies we can do, but no reason why those threads can't stay at the forefront of the forum with regular contributions. For me that would be the real issue as there's nothing worse than a heap of threads with one or two posts in them.

Of course we could always sticky one thread and title it "Australian Football, News from around the World"

Almost certain we had one of these, but it wasnt getting much use.

Back