Mega Thread Stripper at the G on GF day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women hire male strippers for entertainment too. It's really not the point. It's the lack of judgment by BOTH parties to a) have her there and pay her to strip THERE and b) for her to do that in a very public venue.
Yes, And I would say it was sexist if women believed it was okay to demean men in that way, paying someone to take their clothes off.

Women hire male strippers for entertainment too. It's really not the point. It's the lack of judgment by BOTH parties to a) have her there and pay her to strip THERE and b) for her to do that in a very public venue.

This i totally agree with, but still absolutely nothing to do with genders.

Wonder if there might be some penalties for the building company from the MCC/AFL?

At the grand final, in full view? It's disgusting. They couldn't wait to get back to the hotel room later? Jesus.

Not sure who you are refering to as "they", did everyone in the box take their cloths off ?

It is your right to feel that she was "disgusting" my opinion differs thats all.

Yes, And I would say it was sexist if women believed it was okay to demean men in that way, paying someone to take their clothes off.

Its only demeaning in your opinion, which quite frankly is holding less and less weight with every comment.
Its not sexist anyway, you need to look up the definition.

Yep because there's no such thing as male strippers.
Seriously...get a clue.

It is ok, thats why its legal. Its seedy yes, but there are plenty of people that put themselves through university by working jobs like that (men and women). Who are you to tell them that what they are doing is making them a lesser person? Get off the high horse.
I don't agree that it's okay that we have a culture where it is acceptable/fun/good laugh to demean anyone. But people don't have to agree on everything, and you obviously think something else.

Not sure who you are refering to as "they", did everyone in the box take their cloths off ?

It is your right to feel that she was "disgusting" my opinion differs thats all.
No, but THEY - the man/men that paid her to strip are as much at fault as the stripper. Hope she's not the only one that cops the fine, or they are at least man enough to chip in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree that it's okay that we have a culture where it is acceptable/fun/good laugh to demean anyone. But people don't have to agree on everything, and you obviously think something else.

Why is it demeaning?
That is YOUR OPINION.

I bet if you ask that woman, she didnt find it demeaning at all, in fact it looked like she was truly enjoying it...both at the game, and at court.

Why is it demeaning?
That is YOUR OPINION.

I bet if you ask that woman, she didnt find it demeaning at all, in fact it looked like she was truly enjoying it...both at the game, and at court.

Sexual objectification in any form, is a form of sexism. It is demeaning to women (in this case), as a whole.

Women hire male strippers for entertainment too. It's really not the point.

On your side in this one generally Jenny, but disagree with this point.

When women's place in society is on a par with men's - rights, equal salary for equal work, share of home duties, sexism, domestic violence etc etc - then we can say that men hiring female strippers is the moral equivalent of women hiring male strippers.

One woman dies each week in Australia as a result of domestic violence, which is perpetrated and sustained by a dominant culture of male privilege and power. Until that changes, we're not comparing like with like.

Except for that pesky little bit of information that we have laws against being nude in public situations etc.

Which are draconian and sexist . I feel very discriminated against at the beach. I get looked at funny if I leave my top on, you girls don't.

Men thinking it's appropriate to pay a woman to take her clothes off seems pretty sexist to me. to take her clothes off for their entertainment.

Thanks for the dictionary perfect definition of stripper. Kudos.

It's making her a lesser person.

Which part, the indecently exposing herself, or the assaulting the police officers?

That's quite a day out. You know, for a victim...

I get highly agitated by some of the modern feminism gone too far types in society today who are less about women's rights and more about tit for tat with the 'patriarchal society'.

Keeping that in mind, if you can't see that: 1) the men are equally as culpable as the woman for taking advantage of the situation and 2) that the conduct of both parties at what is an event heavily attended by children was inappropriate then I think you need to reassess your values.

No, but THEY - the man/men that paid her to strip are as much at fault as the stripper. Hope she's not the only one that cops the fine, or they are at least man enough to chip in.

Now you are just being silly :cool:

Question
We will pay you double to strip if Hawthorn win

Answer A
Yep, sure thing.

Answer B
Yep sure thing but not in the corporate box, I will be happy to complete our transaction at a more descreet location.

Anyways, back on track..I have no clue who the next coach will be, I am guessing the media are in the same boat which is like twisting a fork in their undies.

Hopefully we can have an answer sometime this week because I am not sure I can rinse and repeat next week :(

On your side in this one generally Jenny, but disagree with this point.

When women's place in society is on a par with men's - rights, equal salary for equal work, share of home duties, sexism, domestic violence etc etc - then we can say that men hiring female strippers is the moral equivalent of women hiring male strippers.

One woman dies each week in Australia as a result of domestic violence, which is perpetrated and sustained by a dominant culture of male privilege and power. Until that changes, we're not comparing like with like.

What on earth does that have to do with strippers? Male OR female? This is not a sexist issue. This is about choices both men and a female made and the consequences thereof. SHE has chosen to be a stripper to make money off men. That's her choice and nobody should deny her that choice. Now if they had a dog collar around her neck and chained her to the wall and made her strip, you'd have a point.

That's quite a day out. You know, for a victim...

She actually works in a pub, but because an engineer in roxby downs gets 4 times more wages, the depression from being a victim of this sexism created a drug habit. One she could only earn enough stripping. If they had only sent female police, she wouldn't of felt the need to bash them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back