Mega Thread Stripper at the G on GF day.

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth does that have to do with strippers? Male OR female? This is not a sexist issue. This is about choices both men and a female made and the consequences thereof. SHE has chosen to be a stripper to make money off men. That's her choice and nobody should deny her that choice. Now if they had a dog collar around her neck and chained her to the wall and made her strip, you'd have a point.

I disagree but respect your opinion and won't derail the thread further

On your side in this one generally Jenny, but disagree with this point.

When women's place in society is on a par with men's - rights, equal salary for equal work, share of home duties, sexism, domestic violence etc etc - then we can say that men hiring female strippers is the moral equivalent of women hiring male strippers.

One woman dies each week in Australia as a result of domestic violence, which is perpetrated and sustained by a dominant culture of male privilege and power. Until that changes, we're not comparing like with like.

This subject is not comparible to domestic violence. Quite frankly its disgraceful that you'd even think about comparing the two.

This subject is not comparible to domestic violence. Quite frankly its disgraceful that you'd even think about comparing the two.
2KODfWh.gif

It's part of the same continuum - perceptions of women, use of male power, expectations of the role of women and their bodies etc.

But as I say, let's not derail the thread further.

that the conduct of both parties at what is an event heavily attended by children was inappropriate then I think you need to reassess your values.

Appropriate or inappropriate, it was illegal, which is why she was arrested.

She might have been egged on, but that's no defence.

Well, actually, it is a defence. It's the defence of every streaker and pitch invader in history. "But officer, my mates dared me!"

It's part of the same continuum - perceptions of women, use of male power, expectations of the role of women and their bodies etc.

But as I say, let's not derail the thread further.

So women's bodies are sacred but men's are fair game?
So all those women that like watching football because of the muscly guys and the short shorts...what do you say about that?

Its not part of the same continuum. Thats like saying terrorism is a contiuum of speed limits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree that it's okay that we have a culture where it is acceptable/fun/good laugh to demean anyone. But people don't have to agree on everything, and you obviously think something else.
How is demeaning when they are aplauding her for her body making her feel good about herslef?

Fair enough, I only went on memory from an early article yesterday.

Still dont understand the sexist/blokey/70's reference (unless I missed the bit where she was forced)

Inappropriate yes, but disgusting I think not.
It's in public at the footy mate. A family event. Clearly disgusting.

Come on mate.. its in public.

I agree with you here, the incident deserves to be investigated further.

I have been to the box many times (no pun) and it is not something I would want family or children witnessing. Under no circumstances.

That kind of behaviour is fine for a strip club or a bucks party not in the public arena.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back