NFL player found guilty of PED offence, banned for...

Remove this Banner Ad

While some of the penalties are too light, I think they are better off with a tailor made implementation to suit the game, ban lengths etc.

I'd prefer something like that in the AFL, but with the AFL having no control.

I'm glad he got away with just the four games because he is a poor, innocent victim who had no intention of cheating and was force fed illegal PED's by an evil sports scientist who went rogue.

Wait, he's not an Aussie? Then * him he should be banned for life.

I'm glad he got away with just the four games because he is a poor, innocent victim who had no intention of cheating and was force fed illegal PED's by an evil sports scientist who went rogue.

If that was really the case, why should he get any games at all ?.

If you want to be part of WADA, you play by their rules however ridiculous they seem. Get the clubs to vote on it, if 5 clubs dont want to, let them start their own league and the other 13 carry on with Government assistance and the fact the genral public would rather support a clean sport run by a regulatory world wide authority.

The player, LaRon Landry, pictured below.

I for one am SHOCKED to hear he has been on the gear. SHOCKED!

laron-landry.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Landry holding a tub that says 'Amino Acids'?

Sounds familiar.....................

Entertainment reigns supreme in American sports, the actual sport itself plays a somewhat minor role.

or business reigns supreme

cant take down a star when the business/game will get hurt.

paradox are the players unions. US does not do unions. Or unions like Walmart workforce. Teamsters and waterfront are not even exception prove rule. Jimmy Hoffa and Sopranos and 6 feet under.

#ironchef

Kinda.

I don't think the WADA code is well designed for team sports. I think the 2 year starting point is a little harsh. While 4 weeks is a litle too far the other way depending on the breach.

i had a quick chat to Hardie, he (and he would be the expert, not me) did not agree, or said i was wrong, wrt an athlete allowed to take 20 different "legal" drugs in one session at a clinic in windy hill/essendon. even if legal, I still thought this "legal doping" was illegal doping. Hardie, politely said i was misconceived, and I cnbf'ed attempting to clarify or disabuse myself. onanism is a passion.

in cycling, they had a rule, in the Protour in the UCI, 3 positives in one team, then the team is banned for a year or 18 months or 24 months. Effectively, the team was killed.

BUT THIS WAS JUST A BS RULE.

not actually a rule. like the banning of injections. Like the physiological biopassport. All PR for succour mom (sick!) consumption (sic).

I really thought Jimmy would be back and win flags at Windy Hill. And this whole embroglio, the d'affaire Mont Windy and Dank. Well, in some inverse paradox (pleonasm), then... this will be a phenomenal teaching aid (re:motivational aid), and not in the mode of the affal'sgood governance and plausible deniabilty.

The players will appreciate what is expected, and what it takes to win. And not in the way of the marketing dep't "WHATEVER IT TAKES". I mean, the list will appreciate performance expectations, and plausible deniability. The 36 players now know what they have to do. AND most importantly, NOT GET CAUGHT. Like Swannie tweeted "too smart".

plausible deniability folx. No different to anyother driven A Type champion in the league and other pro sports.

#no_value_judgements

Last edited:
I would not surprise me in the slightest to see the AFL and ASADA/WADA part ways once this circus is done and dusted.

Government funding for the AFL should be zero anyway
NAB Auskick social engineering evo if Hamish Mclachlan interviews you at half time for succour moms and social engineering this is a fast spectrum to death drive #shit_grammar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back