List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not against employment laws. CBF going into it because it's my job and I don't get paid enough to do it as it is, but it wouldn't happen for a few practical reasons, against employment law is not one, however.
Fair enough.

I am looking at it in the sense that your current employer with whom you have a contract cannot 'sell' or transfer that contract to another employer without their explicit agreement and an agreement being reached between the new employer and the employee. That seems fairly logic and I would assume correct?

Anyways. If O'Rourke wants North and North only, he will get here.

Yeah all true how many of those were chased by other clubs?

Out of those I rate Hickey and the rest aren't exactly having fans high fiving in the bleachers.

No other club had any interest in Delaney, O'Rouke will get plenty, different scenario.

Brisbane and (I think) Carlton liked Luke Delaney but he chose the saints.

We were into Bruce and Hickey.

I think Savage was courted by Carlton also.

Can't comment on Longer but he could always have stayed at the lions rather than go to another basket case.

Agree with you that currently it's not a roll call for the Hall of Fame but the fact they've been able to convince young players to come over is impressive when you consider their on and off field exploits in that time have been poor.

For that reason I'd say if they set their sights on O'Rourke I'd expect them under Pelchen to clinch it. Unfortunately. He's a completely unlikeable but canny campaigner.

Fair enough.

I am looking at it in the sense that your current employer with whom you have a contract cannot 'sell' or transfer that contract to another employer without their explicit agreement and an agreement being reached between the new employer and the employee. That seems fairly logic and I would assume correct?

Anyways. If O'Rourke wants North and North only, he will get here.
It is that way in life, you're correct. But in certain quasi systems such as sporting organisations it's a little different. But it is true that he would be required to sign a contract.

Anyway, you're right. I don't think O'Rourke would hold his club to ransom though, he'll be more than happy to go for the best deal for GWS IMO.

Is O'rourke any good?
An unknown quantity at AFL level mate. Hamstring issues have held him back a bit, but personally I have not been overly impressed by what I have seen at AFL level. Still, he is young and developing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard we're involved in a trade with a player with an X in his name.

malcolm-x.jpg

The thing that is annoying me now is we are looking at players we dont need. We dont need Waite or Higgins. We need a key defender

The logic seems to be that they "come cheap" and are better than players 39-42 on the list. It's like rummaging through someone else's hard rubbish on the nature strip. Anything you take might be of some use and it comes cheap, but if you really needed it you'd be willing to pay for a good one. And you don't already have it so it's better than nothing.

Daniher, Hawkins and Franklin all exposed us in the finals. We need a big, strong defender badly.

Daniher, Hawkins and Franklin all exposed us in the finals. We need a big, strong defender badly.
Yep.

Our need in this area is so stark I wouldnt be suprised if the Waite move is designed to send a forward down back (Black? Petrie???), or Waite himself as a swingman.

Going all out for Waite, when we have Petrie for 2 years, Brown, Black and Wood for a lot longer makes no sense to me.

Salary cap talk has to be bullshit, Swallow is our highest earner and he is on around 500-600k. 12 months ago we were just paying the required tpp which was something like 92-93% or something.

If it is tight, few blokes are tradeable to make space. Greenwood will stay.

When we were after NDS last year JB said nobody at the club is on $600k and NDS wasn't going to be on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back