Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

After taking 3 days to recover from Saturday (and night, damn I recover slower every year) I wanted to just say I love this club. We are priveleged to follow such a great team, and the club as a whole is marvelous. BACK-TO-BACK, baby!

We had no pedestrians on the biggest stage of all, we are a TEAM, all the boys contributed, all of them. Loved the ferocity from the 1st bounce. Savour this flag, people, savour and enjoy it.

ByvjoUXCIAAHj8g.jpg

Three time Premiership Heroes !!

:D:thumbsu: - GO HAWKS

Jordan Lewis finished the year as the number one disposal player in the competition for 2014. :thumbsu:

1. Jordan Lewis 668 (27.8 per game)
2. Josh Kennedy 657 (28.6 per game)
3. Luke Parker 648 (25.9 per game)
4. Travis Boak 644 (26.8 per game)
5. Matt Priddis 627 (28.5 per game)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll take thrashing the Swans by 10 goals in the Grand Final over an 11 game winning streak any day of the week.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll take thrashing the Swans by 10 goals in the Grand Final over an 11 game winning streak any day of the week.

We all would - did I miss something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching it again. Something worth mentioning, the goal Hodge kicked by stealing the kick in deserves more credit.

The commentators mentioned him reading the kick well. It wasn't the kick he read well it was the situation. He started running from the 50m arc before the ball was kicked. He noticed McGlynn set up to receive the kick in and bolted 30 m to be there when it arrived. He timed it perfectly, had he run faster McGlynn would have seen him and contested, slower and McGlynn would have marked. At the precise time he got there, McGlynn had no time to react and simply watched him take the mark. People in the media were claiming the kick took too long to get there, it didn't, hodge just out thought them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back