List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is gorringe like?

I have read bits and pieces but I havent seen him play

chronically injured top 10 draft pick. agile around the ground probably a bit lumbering right now to be classified as a forward. Kenny would have coached him at gold coast, no one really can put a line through his form at AFL level due to injuries although thats generally how it works with big ruckmen early on.

we would be taking him on draft position 4 years ago and kennys inside knowledge

dan gorringe has informed the club he wants a move back to SA and has nominated port adelaide as his preferred destination

The rate were going what are going to send gold coast that will satisfy them. Ryder I would think is the priority which means first is gone + ???? Would Gold Coast be satisfied with a second rounder + I don't know Logan? Only thing that is putting me off is he was a first round pick I think so they may want more

Last year we wanted pace so we brought in White, Polec, Impey, Amon, DBJ.

This year we want height so we are recruiting every ruckman available :D

We need a second rounder or a player for Gorringe? On the upside Gold Coast are probably paying overs for him and are maybe grateful to free up space.

The rate were going what are going to send gold coast that will satisfy them. Ryder I would think is the priority which means first is gone + ???? Would Gold Coast be satisfied with a second rounder + I don't know Logan? Only thing that is putting me off is he was a first round pick I think so they may want more
Tommy is a free agent at present I think?

Priceless indeed Adelaide are keen on Gorringe.. *Next minute* Gorringe is keen on a return home but prefers Port Adelaide lol.

Why would anyone want to go to the Crows instead of us when they currently don't have a coach & are weighing up trading their best player? The best part is Gorringe could get more opportunity there & used to support their club, the Tingles fans would be feeling crazy insecure right now.

We need a second rounder or a player for Gorringe? On the upside Gold Coast are probably paying overs for him and are maybe grateful to free up space.
They are definitely going to trade a few players to free up cap space, they want to enter the race for Beams I wouldn't be surprised to see Day put up with Gorringe.

It'd be great to entertain the thought of bringing Ryder, Gorringe & possibly Day but I'm not sure what we can offer each party particularly with Dodorro being an ass hat over Ryder.

If only you could trade future draft picks we could set up nicely for our premiership assault this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a second round pick or swap for someone like Stewart who would fit into the Suns very well.

Priceless indeed Adelaide are keen on Gorringe.. *Next minute* Gorringe is keen on a return home but prefers Port Adelaide lol.

Why would anyone want to go to the Crows instead of us when they currently don't have a coach & are weighing up trading their best player? The best part is Gorringe could get more opportunity there & used to support their club.

Brent Renouf's AFL career might not be over.

Methinks the bovines board here in BF would not be responding too well to this Gorringe news (if it's true that he has nominated us over them).:D

Why would anyone want to go to the Crows instead of us when they currently don't have a coach & are weighing up trading their best player? The best part is Gorringe could get more opportunity there & used to support their club.

Was browsing the crows board last night and someone asked the question "how are the Gorringe talks progressing?". Someone, supposedly with a good source, replied "very nicely", or words to that effect.
Next day, "Gorringe asks to be traded to Port Adelaide".
You couldn't write this s**t.

If we do get Ryder as expected, seems odd that Gorringe would see a first team future with us (Redden in the mix as well). Given them across the road only have Jacobs of quality.
I reckon we would be selling the swingman role ala Westhoff to him. Gorringe can play KPF, KPD and ruck.

Ryder, Gorringe, Lowden.

Should Redden be worried?

Wouldnt surprise if we delist & (try to) rookie him just so he can get his body right playing at the Maggies.

Probably right but I'd prefer Gorringe.
Having seen neither, I'm not sure which I'd prefer. But based on Lowden's current form and non injury-plagued background, he seems like a very good potential pickup. Can't comment on Gorringe at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back