List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why none of those trades ever happen - and note how Adelaide are publicly knocking back #2 and #3 for Dangerfield.

The proposal I put up for #1 a couple of days ago is as good as it will ever get. The variant - all players and picks going to St Kilda - is the one people seem to be chattering about on Trade Week and so on.

Ridiculous. I would trade Cotch for picks 2 and 3 seriously and I rate Cotch above Danger

It changed all the time. Initially it was X amount over certain number years, then it became X amount this period and X amount next year...

I disagree.

Our strategy includes increasing our draft activity by 50% in the first 3 rounds of the AFL National Draft over the next four years. Initially, our plan was to secure three selections inside 20 at this year's draft - an outcome we remain determined to achieve prior to the end of the 2013 AFL Trade Period.

And recently we have heard both Pelchen and Richo say that we are after 3 picks in the top 21 this year and 5 picks over all. I would say that the 5 picks total might be flexible depending on trades, but we will definitely be aiming to get at those 3 inside 21.

Not really.
This is the point of free agency, so that when bottom clubs get raided they receive compensation for it.
I don't get why people get so angry about it, I think it's more than fair melbourne get pick 3.
So Melbourne will get high compensation because they are weak and the player they are trading isn't that good

I must admit I haven't seen a great deal of O'Shea but the little I have impressed me. A pick around 30 is fair. I don't think 38 (could easily become 41 after FA - Waite, Frawley & Higggins) will get it done seeing as he's contracted.
Same watched the last couple of Home & away games and thought he looked good

Just a couple of ideas for using O'Rourke and Jacksh (by the end of this trade period I'll be able to spell his name..) in three way trade:

St Kilda Out: pick 1 In: pick 3, pick 6
GWS Out: pick 3, O'Rourke, Jacksh In: pick 1
Carlton Out: pick 6 In: O'Rourke, Jacksh

St Kilda Out: pick 1 In: pick 3, pick 18, pick 37, Jacksh
GWS Out: pick 3, O'Rourke, Jacksh In: pick 1
Hawthorn Out: pick 18, pick 37 In: O'Rourke

So Melbourne will get high compensation because they are weak and the player they are trading isn't that good
If 3 of the top 4 clubs are willing to pay him around 600k a year then I'd think he's more than 'not that good'.
Compensation is there to help lower clubs get elite young talent in to offset the loss of good established players they have spent many years developing.
Otherwise you'd end up with the same teams up the top every year and that's not what we want.
Melbourne being 'weak' has nothing to do with it, they've made numerous mistakes over the years through no fault but their own, and the AFL has acknowledged this by not giving them a priority pick, it's completely different to them receiving compensation for Frawley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I don't mid O'shae I can't help feeling like this is just another back flanker we don't need or have room for. Or more importantly the sot he will take in the back 50. Here would be my back 50 with him in it.
Dempster Delany Fisher
Geary Savage Oshae
This leaves out these people who could all play in the back 50 Wright,Newnes,Roberton,Gilbert,Bruce,Webster,Shenton,Acres,Simpkin and also the possibility of jordan kelly. Well I just think its stupid recruiting to get another half back flanker because i don't know how we can fit every in.

Ok time for some great Fantasy. We only have 7 list spots before my great fantasy stuff.

Richo said 5 picks in the ND + our 4 elevations so.. If we get O'Shea, JOR + Jaksch i don't think we'll be taking 5 picks into the draft but we'll see.

Pick 1, Farren Ray and/or pick 38 for Pick 3, 20, JOR and Jaksch
Pick 39 (Gwilt Compo) for Cam O'Shea
Armo + pick 50 odd for Pick 14 + Suns 3rd rounder (I'm against trading Armo personally but i needed a 12th spot. :p Can't remember who i had before)

Schneider to retire.
Siposs to trade or go onto the rookie list to see out his contract
Simpkin to trade or paid out

1. Pick 3
2. Pick 14
3. Pick 20
4. Pick 21
5. Pick Suns 3rd rounder
6. Eli Templeton
7. Mav Weller
8. Darren Minchington
9. Cam Shenton
10. Cameron O'Shea
11. Kristian Jaksch
12. Jonathan O'Rourke

- Losing Hayes, Gwilt, Armo, Ray, Jones and Schneider is a lot of experience though so you'd think very unlikely.

From what I saw seems more a rebounder like Sam Fisher. Good intercept mark, quick, good size & racks up disposals.
If he could play tall that would be nice.

I wouldn't say that personally.

More just Fisher + Demps are 30+ while Gilbo is injury-prone. So preparing for after those perhaps.
Yeah possibly but with him being out of contract next year it's hard to see us re-signing him if he isn't in the best 22.

The wooden spooners are in need of key-position players, but Elshaug vowed to select "the best player" available.

There is every chance it won't be Elshaug's decision to make.

"A very good deal," Elshaug said of what would convince the Saints to part with the prized draft selection.

Greater Western Sydney was unable to find a suitable bidder for its No.1 pick last year, but Elshaug noted clubs were becoming more "inventive" in trade period.

The former St Kilda assistant coach pointed to the example of Melbourne in 2013, when they offloaded the No.2 pick to GWS to grab Dom Tyson.

"You'd expect some interest," Elshaug said.

"We'll wait and see ... you've got to do what's best for the club."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ck-dilemma-20140930-10o8v8.html#ixzz3EmgS5NzP

With trading Pick 1 i think it has to be a deal which results in
happyturk-jd.gif

I dont get that with Pick 3, JOR and Jaksch, do people like this deal or just find it the most realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back