• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo members should contact Fagan via twitter raising concern that we are entering trade week with no CEO in the chair, no coach and no dedicated list mgr and a update on these decisons would be timly

he's given the update on the CEO in the chair. He will start on Monday, but has been involved in decisions prior to that. These include the search for a new coach, and the list manager position. The club has also stated they will not provide a running commentary on the search for a coach.

You might want him to tell you what is going on in each of those steps, but there has been information provided by the club on each of these matters.

ok so under this logic we are appointing rok without a coach give me a break cause you dont know who it is do you think the club is that stupid to appoint assistant coach or ask then to be one without having a coach ?

Well that depends on the time line of the review

Are you suggesting we decided Sando needed to go a day or 2 before we sacked him?
Of course, there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

But let's go with your theory, we decided a few weeks earlier.

Do you start approaching people and hope it doesn't get back to Sando?

You think Thompson was scathing of us for sacking his mate, imagine if we went to him about it behind his mate's back.

Imo members should contact Fagan via twitter raising concern that we are entering trade week with no CEO in the chair, no coach and no dedicated list mgr and a update on these decisons would be timly

CEO is the least crucial cog in trade week. Noble will be doing the list work, now we just have that small factor of a coach to locate....

im starting to think some ppl dont listen and have no idea as in lets get rid of paddy why the hell would you to look like fools i guess

Supposedly we have our list manager, but he won't be appointed until later in the year, due to having playing contracts to finalise as part of his current position. If that's true, it should likely tell you who it's going to be given the possible candidates that have been floated.

You would hope that most of our preparation for trade week regarding needs and wants had already been completed by Noble and co during the season, and Noble will be handling the role of list manager through trade week.

Not having a coach is a big worry though, as I can't see any player being that keen on coming to a club when they have no idea who will be coaching them. Hopefully it has been sorted and we're just getting our ducks in a row, and it will be announced before friday.

CEO is the least crucial cog in trade week. Noble will be doing the list work, now we just have that small factor of a coach to locate....

And Noble has said he has already discussed the matter with Fagan and his team has done work on the scenario of with a coach in place and without one in place. They already identified three keys, that no one on here has complained about I have seen. A KPD, a ruckman and some speedy outside run. So they have done their due diligence, and kept Fagan appraised but apparently that's not good enough for some still.

Without a list manager and a coach, I'll be very surprised if we don't make the big announcement in the next couple days. Surely we can't wait until half way through trade week.
Noble mentioned list stuff is under control & that he has 2 staff doing most of the grunt work on this & he just oversees ... but yes, would be useful to have a full-time list manager.

Yeah I'm reluctantly coming around to that scenario.

I guess I just didn't want to believe we could be such amateurs - but then it is us.

We've found Sando's position to be untenable (it was either that or we'd landed a gun) and you are calling us amateurs for sacking him... get a grip, we are ******* amateurs had we held on to him until November, even if we had a replacement lined up the next day.

It's not ideal that we might not be going in with a coach until mid trade week, but them the breaks, we've done the right thing come the end of the day, by us in sacking someone in an untenable position and by Sando who has been given ample time to find new employment instead of being led on that he'll be an Adelaide coach come 2015.

This trade period isn't a make or break thing, there isn't going to be a magical Port domination for the next billion years if we don't do anything major, as long as we come out with the right people, i couldn't give a * if it takes the entirety of the trade people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

But let's go with your theory, we decided a few weeks earlier.

Do you start approaching people and hope it doesn't get back to Sando?

You think Thompson was scathing of us for sacking his mate, imagine if we went to him about it behind his mate's back.
Well geez, heaven help us if we offended someone.

Look if you're happy that we enter trade week with the look of a basket case then that's fine - I've always held higher expectations

And Noble has said he has already discussed the matter with Fagan and his team has done work on the scenario of with a coach in place and without one in place. They already identified three keys, that no one on here has complained about I have seen. A KPD, a ruckman and some speedy outside run. So they have done their due diligence, and kept Fagan appraised but apparently that's not good enough for some still.

Well, like you I have confidence that there is a solid plan in place to put all the pieces together, but some people think we need to know everything. I actually think the best thing of late has been the solidarity in the club to ensure key decisions aren't leaked. Good clubs don't leak and even if there isn't total consensus, the board unites once a decision is made.

We've found Sando's position to be untenable (it was either that or we'd landed a gun) and you are calling us amateurs for sacking him... get a grip, we are ******* amateurs had we held on to him until November, even if we had a replacement lined up the next day.

It's not ideal that we might not be going in with a coach until mid trade week, but them the breaks, we've done the right thing come the end of the day, by us in sacking someone in an untenable position and by Sando who has been given ample time to find new employment instead of being led on that he'll be an Adelaide coach come 2015.

This trade period isn't a make or break thing, there isn't going to be a magical Port domination for the next billion years if we don't do anything major, as long as we come out with the right people, i couldn't give a **** if it takes the entirety of the trade people.
You do realise this will be the 3rd trade period in a row where the coach has been unavailable.

Well geez, heaven help us if we offended someone.

Look if you're happy that we enter trade week with the look of a basket case then that's fine - I've always held higher expectations

The people saying we are a basket case are mostly the media who are pissed that they can't get any info from us. When that happens they go on the attack, like they are now. We also have media saying players are picking port but contradicting themselves in the space of five minutes about information in relation to trades. At this moment in time it is still just all talk. Nothing happens until next week and there are three other days to go before then.

The two decisions the club has made were good decisions from what I can see so far. So I'm happy to have faith at the moment that they will handle the other ones appropriately.

Noble mentioned list stuff is under control & that he has 2 staff doing most of the grunt work on this & he just oversees ... but yes, would be useful to have a full-time list manager.
That's what worries me. I'm prepared to wait it out, I just don't want us in the middle of a lake without a paddle, you know?

You do realise this will be the 3rd trade period in a row where the coach has been unavailable.

I'm fully aware of that, and considering we got deals done in the past two years and from all reports, planning to be active, it doesn't concern me truth be told.

This coaching appointment is a lot more important than anything that'll conspire during trade week! Get that appointments right and we are a lot more closer to that elusive premiership then whatever will happen during that 3 week period... even if it does mean we miss out on a Cameron/Ablett or someone at that level.

any info at all coming out in adelaide and is bone and rucci talking crap still miss listening too them on radio lol NOT

Becoming apparent?

We ******* stated it from the beginning!!

True...but did you believe that. I certainly didn't. I was thinking that Roo was being polite to Sando but I also thought (and I stated as much) that Roo had a plan and in fact he had decided that Sando would go months ago. Based on that thought I believed that Roo had someone lined up. Someone that would fix the club. Someone that we would all get excited about. Someone that would encourage the players to stay. Someone that would encourage new players to come. Roo said that it was time to fix the club and to get it back to being a proud club with good traditions. If this has been played out and we don't have a coach lined up then I would agree that we are being amateurish and that I am very disappointed with how Roo has portrayed this necessary action.

I just hope that we do have someone lined up who can do all the things that Roo promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back