2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Kedron have advertised for a Senior Coach, any Kedron people elaborate, has Ducey stepped down?
Don't know what's going on at Kedron, but I think sometimes clubs advertise to see who's out there to coach, but end up reappointing the existing coach.

Not the worlds greatest practise imo. Either you want the incumbent or you don't - considering Jason won coach of the year he would be a hard act to follow. maybe he has pulled the pin.

Rob Dickfos confirmed for Caboolture. Bringing sons Corbin and Jackson with him (although we'll need to pick up another 10–12 players of their calibre to be competitive, IMO).

Whole family came along to our B&F dinner. Rob spoke passionately about his expectations of both the players and coaching staff, and they all stuck around and mingled long after official proceedings had ended. Very positive end to what has been our annus horribilis.

Good luck to Rob Dickfos hope it works out for him

That'd be big Kenny. Are your sources reliable??
Beware the Silly season games....

my "SOURCE" is 100% rock solid.
although Noosa now not in the box seat to sign Norman. After he knocked back a reported 3k a game for the last 10 games last year with a club in CHFL in Victoria, the same club has now made an outrageous offer and it is my understanding that it involves a Maroochydore 'young gun' to accompany Norman for the 2015 season, both players to be payed sign on of 5k each and split 5k a week however the players decide for the season, guaranteed at 10 games in case of injury. Reason for the package deal is that Norman needs a solid wingman to help out when he is, as someone has put it before hounding the pussy.

Thats crazy. Nobody in Qld (outside NEAFL) is worth anywhere near that. For mine QAFL clubs should pay anyone more than probably $300-$400 per game and the conferences below probably half that.

5K sign on fee to pay for Noosa, give me a break. I dont get the whole sign on fee thing. Maybe some assistance for interstaters to move up but thats about it IMO

Think he's saying the monies are to play in Victoria mate. But i agree with your pay brackets for respective comps too. Agree re sign ons. Its just a wank in the main that is restricted to AFL footy funnily enough.

Think he's saying the monies are to play in Victoria mate. But i agree with your pay brackets for respective comps too. Agree re sign ons. Its just a wank in the main that is restricted to AFL footy funnily enough.
sorry, but tell me who the hell is Josh Norman . What is his playing history.?

Currently at Maroochydore Stuy - played at Mt Eliza in 2013 but has been at Redlands and Nth Brisbane prior to this. Played State footy as well. Good player. Caloundra junior.

Rob Dickfos confirmed for Caboolture. Bringing sons Corbin and Jackson with him (although we'll need to pick up another 10–12 players of their calibre to be competitive, IMO).

Whole family came along to our B&F dinner. Rob spoke passionately about his expectations of both the players and coaching staff, and they all stuck around and mingled long after official proceedings had ended. Very positive end to what has been our annus horribilis.

I was told 10-12 Sandgate blokes coming Danny the other day. if true will be a real good start for that footy club. I'm sure there will be blokes who wander in, see the facilities and just stop as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told 10-12 Sandgate blokes coming Danny the other day. if true will be a real good start for that footy club. I'm sure there will be blokes who wander in, see the facilities and just stop as well.
Great news for Caboolture if true and the comp, on another issue if that many are leaving Sandgate how will they fair in the QAFL I wonder?

Always seems to be a bloody merry go round in Nth Bris footy player wise! I'm sure they will pu some blokes from some other clubs down there!!

The great man Mat BURGER Elkington has been named coach of Nambour. Has worked hard to get a senior coaching role, hope it works out. Next years comp already looking stronger. Restructure will work itself out if its left alone.

With the silly season in full swing anyone keen to elaborate whats happening around the clubs. Im hearing Mayne will only get stronger with the possible addition of the coach's brother who from all reports goes very well. Talk that Robbie Copeland will be pulling on a Noosa jumper and enjoying the scenery of Hastings st each home game, another ex Lion in Brent Moloney also being mentioned as a potential tiger! Caboolture will obviously have to be very aggressive in attracting players, but I reckon are on the right track with their coach appointment and he will drag a few. Surely Aspley wont accept their results from this yr and will inject some funds into their QFA side. Nambours new appointment Matthew Burgs Elkington will have a very challenging job to make them a competitive outfit, have lost their best player in Bailey and Stanley playing at Caloundra. Has Duce been re appointed at Kedron and is Clarke going around again?

Will be 6-10 victorians & a few guns from North qld moving to maroochydore to work on a big construction project in the new year. All be looking for a club to play at.

A lot of people thought that would be the case this year, but we ended up losing more than we gained.

Yeah, but you need a decent structure around this as well. It won't happen just because the facilities are good but it is a massive selling point IF all the other boxes are ticked. A well respected coach is a good start, seeing 20+ guys at training preseason also helps, seeing good support staff off the field is another bonus + a decent trainer. All factors but if you have all the latter and play on a s**t box you can still struggle to attract players. Any word on the new name for the club as well Danny??

Preaching to the choir, mate. I was not one of the aforementioned optimists ;)

Moreton Bay Lions and Greater Northern Lions are the frontrunners at this stage. Members have just had an opportunity to vote or suggest alternatives. You can read the rationale at http://caboolturelions.com.au/trading-as/

So Sherwood Footy Club can be the Western Magpie, but Caboolture can't be North Brisbane Lions?

More consistency from AFLQ, it's their best trait.

So Sherwood Footy Club can be the Western Magpie, but Caboolture can't be North Brisbane Lions?

More consistency from AFLQ, it's their best trait.
The club/members should decide their own name shouldn;t they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back