Performance enhancing drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

if petr korda gets done it for it no one surprised me.

s2.jpg

I don't know, he was 20 feet off the ground in that photo!

Watched the '92 GF on the marathon last night.

Has been a while since I watched it so paid attention to the size of the blokes.

Seriously, they are nothing compared to today's players. I'd say Geelong players looked bigger on average.

The only blokes that looked bulky were Jako (big arse), Brennan and Woosha. And as a direct quote from Jak when i chatted to him a while ago "John just wanted to pump weights and hurt khunts"

The only other was Dwayne Lamb.

Most of the blokes still looked skinny - Heady, Matera, McKenna, Lewis, McINtosh,...

As has been pointed out - if Petr Korda was on the gear than size isn't exactly the be all and end all - but the whole "They double in size in one pre-season" is horseshit
Hahaha holy s**t that's funny..
"John just wanted to pump weights and hurt khunts" that's classic..

Starting to get annoying again though, not sure if anyone else noticed it but the latest Dank article mentions us again. Mentions something about the 'well known fact' of a certain team In the ninetys that people still mention to this day, he says it like it's some sort of excuse to what the bombers got up to.. Along with other classic's like 'hirdy knew for sure of one other club using hgh and another using testosterone.. I know no one gives a toss about the ramblings of a fool like Dank, but people like Mile Sheanne have had a major hand in this Rumuor not going away. If Sheanne wants to keep digging up the past why won't he look past 1992? Numerous vfl players have admitted on his very show about the steroid and speed abuse of that time? Loves to point the finger at us Mike.. Is he a offended Geelong man?

Starting to get annoying again though, not sure if anyone else noticed it but the latest Dank article mentions us again. Mentions something about the 'well known fact' of a certain team In the ninetys that people still mention to this day, he says it like it's some sort of excuse to what the bombers got up to.. Along with other classic's like 'hirdy knew for sure of one other club using hgh and another using testosterone.. I know no one gives a toss about the ramblings of a fool like Dank, but people like Mile Sheanne have had a major hand in this Rumuor not going away. If Sheanne wants to keep digging up the past why won't he look past 1992? Numerous vfl players have admitted on his very show about the steroid and speed abuse of that time? Loves to point the finger at us Mike.. Is he a offended Geelong man?

What a tool!

Didn't he(Dank) also make some allegations a little while ago about West Coast finishing top four in 2011 coming off the wooden spoon in 2010? It was something along the lines of him being convinced there had to drugs or something sinister at play.

What a tool!

Didn't he(Dank) also make some allegations a little while ago about West Coast finishing top four in 2011 coming off the wooden spoon in 2010? It was something along the lines of him being convinced there had to drugs or something sinister at play.

Everyone keeps blaming Hird but i reckon Bomber has a fair bit to answer for....didnt he bring along most of those boys from geelong?

Pretty sure he would have had a bit of sway when he first joined the place....why does he escape all scrutiny?

Everyone keeps blaming Hird but i reckon Bomber has a fair bit to answer for....didnt he bring along most of those boys from geelong?

Pretty sure he would have had a bit of sway when he first joined the place....why does he escape all scrutiny?

Unfortunately it looks like it's the same scenario as when a coach gets the flick. The buck stops with him, even though there are a plethora of other coaches and people in charge of different aspects of the whole organisation that are probably just as much to blame as the coach, but he's the figure head, so he's the one that falls on the sword. This is obviously a different situation but I reckon it works the same as far as who has to accept the blame, and who gets to carry on like they had no part in it.

Unfortunately it looks like it's the same scenario as when a coach gets the flick. The buck stops with him, even though there are a plethora of other coaches and people in charge of different aspects of the whole organisation that are probably just as much to blame as the coach, but he's the figure head, so he's the one that falls on the sword. This is obviously a different situation but I reckon it works the same as far as who has to accept the blame, and who gets to carry on like they had no part in it.

Not that I like Hird, but I reckon thats at the centre of this. Bomber is getting off scott free and Hirds rep is ruined.

Reckon AFL will let Bomber bring Dank/Robinson to GCS? Good for business!!

Not that I like Hird, but I reckon thats at the centre of this. Bomber is getting off scott free and Hirds rep is ruined.

Reckon AFL will let Bomber bring Dank/Robinson to GCS? Good for business!!

Yeah he's not entirely to blame, although he hasn't done himself any favours throughout this whole saga. He's come across as a bit of a rouge, and he's almost lost the plot a few times so I guess it's easy for the club, asada and the afl to use him as the scape goat and hope that everyone will forget about the whole thing and not think too deeply about it and demand more action or answers.

We all know the afl won't let anything major happen to all the players, they can't afford to lose the revenue from the TV rights by having an entire team missing a chunk of the year and them losing one game a week from the TV deal. I mean channel 7 and fox could probably sue them for loss of earnings if they aren't getting their 9 games a week.

Perhaps we had to get bigger due to having a smaller list than the rest of the VFL teams were allowed at the time ? sort of over overcompensating for being treated less ? Didn't barber get done for drugs with Capabianca not long after ?

Also re: PEDs
Not too fussed if we did it 90s
wouldn't be surprised if it was done in 04-06
And would almost be smug if we got off the bottom of the ladder and into the top 4 by using peptides before Essendon, the press of '11 was a thing of endurance beauty

I'm sort of in the let anything go camp so we can see some beasts and freaks of man made
As long as it's not going to cause premature death of course

Do you have even a smidgen of evidence or do you just like making ignorant assumptions ??

Last edited:

Agreed. I think the reasom is Because Hird stuck up to demetriou and the media are a puppet for the AFL. Even as an ESS supporter I've been frustrated at the lack of scrutiny over bomber, compared to that of Hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back