Coaching Roundabout - Coaching structure for 2015 finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard from a very reputable source (Ricky Nixon), that neither James Hird or Bomber Thompson will be at Essendon next year and Mark Harvey will be taking over.

So yeah, looks like Harvs will definetly be coaching us next year.
Just to confirm, that is a joke?

Ricky Nixon is not a reputable source. He has a worse reputation than anyone else involved in the game.
Lol, I was kidding that Ricky Nixon is a reputable source.

He is a big sack of s**t.

He did state that Harves would be our coach next year and that Hirdy and Bomber won't be at the club.

Lol, I was kidding that Ricky Nixon is a reputable source.

He is a big sack of s**t.

He did state that Harves would be our coach next year and that Hirdy and Bomber won't be at the club.
Aaah, sorry. Now I'm with you.

So do you think Hird is gone?

Not sure I'd ever get over it if he was banished from the club.

I still want him to be next Sheedy, but without the questionable decision making/coaching in the last few years...

Club wants to lose members does it?

Aaah, sorry. Now I'm with you.

So do you think Hird is gone?

Not sure I'd ever get over it if he was banished from the club.

I still want him to be next Sheedy, but without the questionable decision making/coaching in the last few years...
Not sure if Hird is gone or not.

From what I've heard, I really don't want Mark Harvey as our head coach.

Nixon is a pathological liar but he also has a lot of contacts in the football world so who knows.

Personally, I want to keep Hirdy and Bomber.

Not sure if Hird is gone or not.

From what I've heard, I really don't want Mark Harvey as our head coach.

Nixon is a pathological liar but he also has a lot of contacts in the football world so who knows.

Personally, I want to keep Hirdy and Bomber.

Wouldn't mind Choco if Bomber and Hird are gone would even look at Peter Sumich could be another Ken Hinkley.

Last edited:
Mark Thompson contacted by third party about interest in coaching Gold Coast Suns in 2015
Mark Thompson mulls over his future in AFL
external

Mark Thompson mulls over his future in A...
MARK Thompson has been contacted by a third party about his interest in coaching Gold Coast Suns next season.

Thompson, who was caretaker coach for James Hird at Essendon this year, was told three weeks ago the Suns “were coming’’.

Speculation is mounting that Suns coach Guy McKenna will be sacked at a board meeting on Thursday night.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ma...ast-suns-in-2015/story-e6frf7jo-1227075696214

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many coaches can 1 club lose for better opportunities in 1 season? Goodwin is gone, Bomber is packing his bags, Bassett is up to his neck in the Crows job.

Is this deeper than people leaving for better opportunities? Are we seeing a few fractures appear after 2 years of hell?

How many coaches can 1 club lose for better opportunities in 1 season? Goodwin is gone, Bomber is packing his bags, Bassett is up to his neck in the Crows job.

Is this deeper than people leaving for better opportunities? Are we seeing a few fractures appear after 2 years of hell?

Not exactly rats fleeing a sinking ship

Every assistant coach would leave for Snr role.

And Bomber can effectively name his own price so slightly different.

its Hird or bust now you campaigners

Definitely not, they're all leaving/rumoured to leave for senior gigs. It's flattering that other clubs rate our assistants so highly.

It also presents a real opportunity to headhunt some of the best coaches out there to fill the gaps. It sounds like Harvey is coming in, but there's (potentially) two more spots to fill. I'd love to see Sanderson given the forwardline, but I have no idea who else would be an option.

Definitely not, they're all leaving/rumoured to leave for senior gigs. It's flattering that other clubs rate our assistants so highly.

It also presents a real opportunity to headhunt some of the best coaches out there to fill the gaps. It sounds like Harvey is coming in, but there's (potentially) two more spots to fill. I'd love to see Sanderson given the forwardline, but I have no idea who else would be an option.

It's tough being so far from the club as I rely basically on this site and (gulp...) the media to keep me up to date. My first thought was similar to what you posted above, flattering really that we've identified and nurtured quality coaching talent to the point people want them for more senior positions. Then I realised I must have an inner Caro or something as the "what if" scenario popped into my mind.

I am firmly with you on the Sanderson option for the forward line. What role is Harvey being touted for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back