List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had to choose between two of JOR, Jaksch & O'Shea who would you take?

A trade with GWS may see x player, pick 3 & 23 for 1 - on trade 23 to Port for O'Shea.

on trade 23 to Port for O'Shea.
Personally sounds like overs for a guy playing in a position we don't really need, who has spent half the year in the SANFL.

Webster, Roberton, Shenton, Gilbert, Newnes, Wright, Savage, Acres, … do we need to spend a good pick on a another medium running back?

Personally sounds like overs for a guy playing in a position we don't really need, who has spent half the year in the SANFL.

Webster, Roberton, Shenton, Gilbert, Newnes, Wright, Savage, Acres, … do we need to spend a good pick on a another medium running back?
Roberton - missed most the year with a bad ankle.
Gilbert - might be lucky to play again
Acres - has 2 -3 games of Afl
Wright - missed most the year with Broken leg and is injured a lot
Newnes - is the only one to have proved himself so far.

If we had to choose between two of JOR, Jaksch & O'Shea who would you take?

A trade with GWS may see x player, pick 3 & 23 for 1 - on trade 23 to Port for O'Shea.

Would take O'Shea first out of that group tbh, just cos I like the way he goes about it (oops too Luke Darcy-esque in that assessment), and I can see him really learning off Sam Fisher and replacing him in that role eventually (Sam Fisher started off as a pretty solid lock down defender before transitioning to the defensive general and elite attacking player combo he is today).

Even split between JOR and Jaksch in my books. JOR should be more damaging than Jaksch, but the concerns regarding his hammy issues worry me. Jaksch, not sure he can impact enough games for mine. So its really even for me, but I'd probably lean towards JOR, given Jaksch and O'Shea would probably end up in similar roles, and I back our medicos to deal with hamstring injuries. There also isn't really any rush to get games into JOR like GWS (pressure to shoot up the ladder or add value to player by playing them as much as possible), happy for him to spend a year to get his body in perfect condition.

So probably O'Shea and JOR, but I wouldn't give such a high pick for O'Shea.

Acres isn't a HBF and Newnes has said that he wants to move into the middle as well.

E: Wright is more a lock down small defender.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberton - missed most the year with a bad ankle.
Gilbert - might be lucky to play again
Acres - has 2 -3 games of Afl
Wright - missed most the year with Broken leg and is injured a lot
Newnes - is the only one to have proved himself so far.
Which still leaves at least 3 more… surely we don't recruit on the assumption that 5 guys playing the same position will be inured all year?

That Nakia Cockatoo goal, holy sheeeeet! I'm now on the Cockatoo-Viojo-Rainbow-Exotic-Name-Train for more than just wacky reasons, that was amazing!

F//k he's quick! I'd happily use pick 39/40 from him. If we get pick 40 for Gwilt compo, we could perhaps get Dillon Viojo-Rainbow and Nakia Cockatoo with those two picks... would be super happy with that imo.

Acres isn't a HBF and Newnes has said that he wants to move into the middle as well.
Where will Acres play in the next 2 years though? He won't be starting in the middle for awhile.
Newnes may want time in the middle, but at the moment he is sweeping off half back…

If we are dead set on O'Shea, then I think we were too quick to sign up Shenton… we have about ten blokes who like to run off half back.

Guys, all of this talk about pick #1! The right deal has been right in front of us the whole time!!!

Hawthorn supporter said they'd trade Schoenmakers + pick #18 to GWS for Jaksch + O'Rourke.
Then they on trade Schoenmakers + pick #4 to us for pick #1!

We've been blind the whole time, how could we not see that this is the right deal? :D:D:D
lmao.

So... To recap the rumoured or hoped-for deals today, our potential 22 could be...

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Bruce
HB: O'Shea - Jaksch - Fisher
RK: Hickey - Steven - Greenwood
CR: Montagna - Weller - Savage
HF: Billings - Riewoldt - Armitage
FF: Stanley - McCartin - Templeton
Int: Dunstan - Newnes - Geary - Webster

With apologies to Farren Ray, Sam Gilbert (inj.) and a fair few others... :drunk:

And Sandy;

FB: Roberton - Simpkin - XXXX
HB: Shenton - XXXX - Murdoch
RK: Longer - Minchington - Curren
CR: Acres - Ross - O'Rourke
HF: Markworth - Lee - Saunders
FF: Pierce - White - Siposs
Int: Holmes - Schneider* - Gilbert* - Ray*
Needs more WHE & Dev Smith :thumbsu:

Is Tomlinson any good? Could he be packaged with 4? Genuine question, whenever I've watched them play I haven't really paid attention to him.
Picture Nick Riewoldt with much less talent.... That is exactly how I see Tomlinson

Huge tank, runs & moves exactly the same way around the ground as Nick, but just lacks the positional awareness, presence, speed on the lead & polish of Nick IMO

Gotta say I had never heard of O'Shea that I recall until this past week or so, but I just saw in the 2014 AFL record that at just 21yo, he played all 24 of Port's games last year (2013) and came 8th in their B&F. A very fair effort that, in a team that played finals and even won one of them. Took 14 marks and had 25 possies in that final win over Collingwood at the MCG, too.

Makes me wonder why they would give him up though if he's contracted and if so how much he would cost us.

Last edited:
Is Tomlinson any good? Could he be packaged with 4? Genuine question, whenever I've watched them play I haven't really paid attention to him.

I like Tomlinson, genuinely could develop into a very good huge wingman. Good tank, tall, strong build. I wouldn't give up pick #1 for him and pick #4 though, I'd want something else thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back