Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we accepted just pick 4 for Beams, I will feel so sorry for the guy that get's drafted with pick 4.

Everyone will expect him to be the next Beams and even if he becomes a decent player he will be a whipping boy if he is not on the same level as Beams.

PhiloBeddoe

Premium Gold
Mar 5, 2008
Ma's house.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
None
Brisbane: pick 4 to GWS
Collingwood: Beams to Brisbane
GWS: O'Rouke, pick 20 and pick 24 on traded to Collingwood.

Brisbane lose pick 4 gain Beams
Collingwood lose Beams gain O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24
GWS lose O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24 gain pick 4

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS maybe Merrett from Brisbane.

You won't be getting Aish, Rocky or anyone that is locked into best 22 for us. If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.
twrhC5.gif

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
How about

Brisbane get Beams and pick 28 ( could be 22 if we deal with Mlebourne for H)
Collingwood get Hanley and 4

The first rule of trading with Brisbane is dont mention Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Redden, Zorko, Mayes, Aish, McStay, Leuenberger, Clarke, Gardiner, Taylor.

Geez!

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane: pick 4 to GWS
Collingwood: Beams to Brisbane
GWS: O'Rouke, pick 20 and pick 24 on traded to Collingwood.

Brisbane lose pick 4 gain Beams
Collingwood lose Beams gain O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24
GWS lose O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24 gain pick 4

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS maybe Merrett from Brisbane.

You won't be getting Aish, Rocky or anyone that is locked into best 22 for us. If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.

You make yourself look like a complete dick posting rubbish like this

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
See Taylor Adams

That one is quiet different I reckon.

It's different in that one is young yet to hit his prime while Shaw was past his best and aging. A lot of fans also were keen for him to and we knew who we were getting (young future tough midfielder).

With pick 4 we have no idea at all and the kid we will pick up has never played an AFL game and for that we are giving up our second best player. Love will be tough for that kid straight away.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
The first rule of trading with Brisbane is dont mention Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Redden, Zorko, Mayes, Aish, McStay, Leuenberger, Clarke, Gardiner, Taylor.

Geez!

Beams, Green, Cutler, Robertson, Adcock, Martin, Close, Freeman in fact it might be best if we just list those that are allowed which I think is limited to Crisp, Lester, Harwood and Golby take your pick guys :thumbsu:

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
That one is quiet different I reckon.

It's different in that one is young yet to hit his prime while Shaw was past his best and aging. A lot of fans also were keen for him to and we knew who we were getting (young future tough midfielder).

With pick 4 we have no idea at all and the kid we will pick up has never played an AFL game and for that we are giving up our second best player. Love will be tough for that kid straight away.
He has still copped a lot of unjustified s**t which is IMO largely because we traded Shaw for him

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
He has still copped a lot of unjustified s**t which is IMO largely because we traded Shaw for him

That's a pretty myopic view if anyone still has it. Langdon effectively came in and provided us with exactly what Heater did with less penetration, but less brain fades and more intercept possessions.

My take is that it's his kicking. If Adams get's that sorted he will very very quickly become a fan favourite, IMO.

That's a pretty myopic view if anyone still has it. Langdon effectively came in and provided us with exactly what Heater did with less penetration, but less brain fades and more intercept possessions.

My take is that it's his kicking. If Adams get's that sorted he will very very quickly become a fan favourite, IMO.
Bucks said at the forum at training his skills are fantastic.
In a game situation he just gets a bit tense and tries too hard not to make mistakes.
(I may have made this bit up but) I recall hearing a reference to him going from playing in front of small crowds to ours and he just wants to impress

Good to hear Scott Clayton say they will be keeping an eye on the Beams trade, words to the effect of "he's a great player"
Ablett for Beams would fix that.:drunk:

Part 1:

OK this is all nuts ...

Most folk seem to be looking at this completely the wrong way (particularly the Brisbane folk ... Except for Greg Swann, but I'll get onto him a little later)

Let's start with Dayne Beams ...

2012_NAIAS_Red_Porsche_991_convertible_(world_premiere).jpg

Looks good doesn't he?

Brisbane folk have been responding by going out the back to the used car lot to find what is expendable to offer in return ...

MTVIEW-CHEVY-5-4.jpg

... I don't blame Brisbane folk for doing that. We'd do exactly the same thing. If their second best player wanted to come to Collingwood you can be assured that us folks will put together deals involving Goldsack, Blair or even Fasolo (as we always do).

And the Collingwood folk are asking for one of these ...

images_imagelibrary_thumbs_JetSki2_TenbyWatersports.JPG600450.jpg

... plus one of these ...

harleydavidson.jpg

... plus one of these ...

monster-truck-icon-bigfoot-8778_1.jpg

... Which is all very arbitrary.

... To be continued

bodga22

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys, Storm
Beams instantly becomes the Lions best player. Dont know why they wouldnt give up 2 of their "untouchables" for him.

Was thinking a last 2 years that we seriously need to rebuild, was also hoping throughout the year and last that we would finish as low as possible.
Last year our compo would have been alot better imagine we had picks 4 and 5 for example. This year we couldve got Moore with our 2nd round, but who knows what happens now. We would be sitting alot better right now...

Anyway few weeks ago I was thinking I would let Beams go for the right trade, and it has to at least be pick 4 and Mayes/Aish.
He is our 2nd best player, All Australian, Premiership Player. And everytime, for the last few years, it was asked who had the best midfield on the radio, most callers said Collingwood and Beams being one of the main contributors. (Most not even pies fans).
Point is Lions fans will get a rude shock if they think Beams is only worth pick 4. We should be getting Pick 1 or a Dangerfield, so why dont they go ask on the saints or crows board what it would take for them to trade.

Beams > Pick 4 and Aish
Pick 4 > GCS picks 7 and 14

Leaves us with Aish, Picks 7, 8, 14, 22 (Melb), Moore (28)
Hoping no one bids on Moore... and if Hine thinks pick 4 is better value than picks 7 and 14 then hold 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back