Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind also that if Melbourne get the compensation they're after for frawley brisbanes pick 4 becomes pick 5 which is even less likely to satisfy collingwood without anything else added to brisbanes offer of their first pick

My points are quite clear for all to see, it's not my problem if you can't comprehend them.
They're really not. You floated this hypothetical of Beams sitting out the whole season. Why? Because some guy did that in the NBA? What is the relevance?

How the hell should I know if Beams is likely to sit out next season? I'm just saying that it is a possibility as many people see family as more important than their careers.
What else is on your list of stuff that is possible?

Everyone's getting very antsy over a potential trade that doesn't actually impact us at all.
It's as though people are so keen to see Collingwood get screwed that they've lost touch with reality.

These long-winded extrapolations of how Collingwood should definitely trade their contracted player for unders because if he stays he might get angry and cause a rift and get ebola and give it to other players. A basketballer did that once. It's possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Follow me here, I'll go slow. You posted this:
Jesus, more of the same.

It's a family illness – it's part of life. It doesn't void a contract and it seems mildly alarmist to suggest that Beams would be willing to quit the game to get out of it.

Having an ill father isn't this automatic game-changer that renders contracts meaningless.

Basically saying that Beams wouldn't be willing to quit the game to get out of his contract and go back to a sick family member, to which I responded with this:

Actually people do frequently quit their careers and move across the country due to family illness, it's extremely common (however unlikely in this case). Also you'll find that employers tend to be very forgiving on contracts etc in this kind of situation.
But you're right that pick 4 is unders for Beams, do you think they'd do something like Pick 4 and Lester?

You then responded:
So why are we talking about it?

Oh, I'll find that, will I?

We're talking about professional sport and a player crossing from one team to another. The attitude of employers in general, who are not running professional sporting teams, is not relevant.

To which I supplied an example of a professional sports team who let a player out of their contract because of a sick family member. It's really not that hard to comprehend what I'm saying, most people with 3rd grade education would be able to follow.

Exactly. Would love to get some rumours that affects us. Like how we can get an A grade mid
Take your pick from these:

- Jeff Garlett
- Leroy Jetta
- Ben Howlett
- Kyle Hardingham
- Nick Malceski

Promises to be an exciting three weeks.

To which I supplied an example of a professional sports team who let a player out of their contract because of a sick family member. It's really not that hard to comprehend what I'm saying, most people with 3rd grade education would be able to follow.
Right, so to establish that Beams might sit out the season, you provided one example of another sportsman who did that.

Wow, compelling stuff. One other guy did it once.

Do you think it's likely Beams will sit out the season? If not, why keep banging on about an irrelevant point?

Last edited:
Right, so to establish that Beams might sit out the season, even though you don't think he will, you provided one sole example of another sportsman who did that.

Compelling stuff.

No, because I think Collingwood will accept pick 4 and a player like Lester (which I actually suggested as a possibility in my original post if you bothered to read) and he won't be forced to decide between family and football. But as I said in my other posts if it doesn't turn out that way then he may choose to sit out and go home anyway, you can't just ignorantly say that it's not going to happen when people with all sorts of careers (including professional sportsmen) do it all the time.

But as I said in my other posts if it doesn't turn out that way then he may choose to sit out and go home anyway.
Seriously, does this pass for an intelligent comment in your neck of the woods?

You've said it's not likely he will sit out the season. So why sit there and tell us 'it's possible'?

Give us a list of other things that might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back