List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worry that he can't get a game with the Dogs, but given he has pace it certainly wouldn't be a surprise that we have looked at him.

Yep I know that, but we need to get some more talent in and trading us a chance to do that.
Well FA is our friend atm and theres not much in this years crop.What we have of Value we really can't afford to get rid of unless its heavily weighed in our favor,So we might just have to add talent through the draft this year and hope our 2nd tier can take the next step next year.

Is it just me or would Vickery be perfect for the Bulldogs? Bundle in Grimes/Batchelor and could we snatch pick 5?

Bit of a stretch given this years form (Vickery) but there aren't many KPF's that suit the age of Bulldogs list. Add the back-up ruck ability and Vickery is almost the perfect match. The Bulldogs also need defenders, Grimes is probably the one most suited to them. IMO it would be a fair trade as Bulldogs would get the players they lack in the right age bracket for list development and we would get a pick that we can use to improve our list. Don't think it would happen though.

What do we do with pick 5?

Living in dreamland, I'd like to see us go after Shiel, O'Rourke and Jaksch by offering pick 5, 11 and a player or two that we do not necessarily need. Dreamland would be Grigg and Foley, reality would be Conca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We r fu*ked if we don't get anyone!! Every year it wait till next year will we get someone. Our list is ageing and we need high end talent now! Have a feeling hardwick won't be there come the end of next year.
As i said in another thread, year in year out whenever a gun player wants out of their club be it via free agency or trade, we are never linked to any of these players and that's the main reason we get nowhere. From what i hear we have cash to burn in our salary cap yet Dimma just sits around waiting to pluck draft miracles. We are crying out for a key forward to assist Jack so why havn't we targeted Carlisle. I feel we are only a key forward and a gun mid away from challenging for a flag because this year, only Sydney bettered our streak of 9 wins in a row. You can't fluke 9 wins in a row unless your a very good side. The second our season finished, Dimma should have been looking into all the stars that were leaving or possibly leaving their clubs, instead, we watch other clubs including the lowly dees and saints who are at least attempting to strengthen their list by being active since their seasons ended. What is wrong with you Dimma.

You do realise that they are listed for the most part as depth. In the case of the small medium forwards in particular they are better than anything we currently have bar Edwards. McKernan could be a handy depth player if Vickery has a brain fade and or Griff gets injured. He would also help out McBean at VFL level. They aren't the greatest players, but they will help our list become balanced.
Just on the small fwds, while yes they may be better apart from Edwards, but not better than our resting mids of HHFls play, so unless we get a high calibre option via trade, they should get a gig. I would also just say that you have rated our rebounding defenders as good but imo it isn't as good as it should as we need another very good kicker( even better than Vlastuin). Also Helbig has been delisted but is listed

As i said in another thread, year in year out whenever a gun player wants out of their club be it via free agency or trade, we are never linked to any of these players and that's the main reason we get nowhere. From what i hear we have cash to burn in our salary cap yet Dimma just sits around waiting to pluck draft miracles. We are crying out for a key forward to assist Jack so why havn't we targeted Carlisle. I feel we are only a key forward and a gun mid away from challenging for a flag because this year, only Sydney bettered our streak of 9 wins in a row. You can't fluke 9 wins in a row unless your a very good side. The second our season finished, Dimma should have been looking into all the stars that were leaving or possibly leaving their clubs, instead, we watch other clubs including the lowly dees and saints who are at least attempting to strengthen their list by being active since their seasons ended. What is wrong with you Dimma.
Because we just signed Griffiths up for 2 years and are going to give him and Vickery for that matter the position. Plus carlisle is contracted and appears to want to stay. Many things need to occur to entice guns to your club as had been stated many times.

Would be happy with adding whiley and hunt for late picks as well as upgrading miles. Maybe look at turning pick 11 into two picks. What's available this year is bottom of the barrel sort of crap why waste lots of cap space on crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back