NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
not sure if there is somewhere else this can go, but i'm interested to see other peoples kits.
so, here goes:

Bag: Spartan MC- the big red and black one from last year
Bat: Fisher Custom
Pads: Kookaburra Blade
Gloves: Kookaburra K Series
Helmet: Albion
Spikes/ Shoes: Blue New Balance 2014
Thigh Guard: Kookaburra Pro Guard

Last edited:
Bat: GM Cannon 5 star
Pads: Puma Ballistic 5000
Gloves: GN F18
Helmet: plastic shell Albion one
Shoes: Puma Ballistic
Thigh guard: Kooka Blade

would recommend the pads to anyone. Incredibly light, not bulky at all but still offer great protection

Bat: Aero Vintage
Pads: Areo P2 (yes, I hear Chris Martin pads, mostly for the lols)
Gloves: some ratty old Kookas that badly need replacing
Spikes: whatever is cheap at the start of a new season, think I have some GMs that are still good from last season.

Never once worn a thigh pad or helmet.

Not replacing my kit anymore. Too old now! All a few years old.

Bat- slazenger something. Was nice 3 years ago but has lost its ping

Pads- kookaburra something. Few years old but still do the job

Gloves- Gray Nicolls something. Like them.

Thigh pad- maybe kookaburra

Helmet- I play lower grade now so rarely wear one but a blue Albion if needed

Play on carpet nowadays so just buy some cheapish white runners as required.

Bat: Aero Vintage
Pads: Areo P2 (yes, I hear Chris Martin pads, mostly for the lols)
Gloves: some ratty old Kookas that badly need replacing
Spikes: whatever is cheap at the start of a new season, think I have some GMs that are still good from last season.

Never once worn a thigh pad or helmet.
not sure if aero are serious or in it for the lols, everything they sell looks ridiculous.

Bag: the one dad bought me in 1997 for under 12's.
Pads: Stolen Club ones.
Thighpad: Stolen.
Bat: Borrowed, normally have 2-3 on rotation for the year, depending on who's in the side that week.
Helmet: the one dad bought for me in 2002 for under 16's.
Box: Stolen
Gloves: Michael Clarke Spartans.

Bag: Grey Puma, big one
Bat: Puma Iridium SH
Pads: Puma Ballistic 4000
Thigh Guard: Gray Nicholls Predator
Box: Gray Nicholls
Gloves: GM 505
Spikes: Puma Cell

Never realised how much Puma stuff I had.

Bag: the one dad bought me in 1997 for under 12's.
Pads: Stolen Club ones.
Thighpad: Stolen.
Bat: Borrowed, normally have 2-3 on rotation for the year, depending on who's in the side that week.
Helmet: the one dad bought for me in 2002 for under 16's.
Gloves: Michael Clarke Spartans.
typical richmond fan:p

Bag: GN E41 1000LE
Bat: GN Ultimate
Pads: Kook Kahuna 800 MRH
Gloves: GN E41 1000LE & GN E41 750I
Thigh Guard: Kook Kahuna Pro Players MRH & Kook R Protection OSMRH
Helmet: Albion Club Mkii
Shoes: Asics Gel Peake

Haven't played for six years, starting again this season.

Bag: Summers (got it when Glenn McGrath was sponsored by them for the lulz)
Bat: Fisher custom
Pads: MRF something
Gloves: Gray Nic Phoenix
Shoes: Asics Gel Gully
Helmet: Kookaburra

Bat: GN e-41 1200, GN legend
Pads: GN e-41, GN e-41 coloured
Gloves: 4 pairs varied makes
Helmet: Masuri
Spikes: nike runners with custom half spikes.

Bat- on hand sports
Pads- spartan ( dunno what they're called but they're red)
gloves- Spartan Michael Clarke ones
spikes- adidas ( couple of years old)
thigh pad- kookaburra
helmet- Masuri ( any other and you're doing it wrong)
bag- aero

Bag: Albion of some sort. Big with wheels
Bat: Screaming Cat custom
Pads: some youth sized ones. I'm short so wear kids pads
Gloves: Adidas ones. Had GN ones but didn't like the padding on the side. Couldn't get my hands close enough together on the bat
Helmet: Nil. Never wear one.
Spikes/ Shoes: Asics of some sort. Matthew Hayden ones I think
Thigh Guard: Torpedo-style undershorts with inserts. I have GN-branded ones now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bag - Gray Nics Fusion with wheels 2007
Bat - Gray Nics Fusion 700 from about 2007 I think? And a Kooka Blade players from 2012
Pads - Gray Nics Fusion 2007 era
Gloves - Gray Nics Ultimate 2012 era
Helmet - Green Albion about 2006
Spikes - Asics Gel 200* 2013

I remember at one point I had Fusion gloves too, everything matched nicely and it was right around the time Matty Hayden was clobbering attacks around wearing the same gear. Without fail, every time, some peanut would say "this guy thinks he's Matty Hayden", "You sponsored or something mate"

Now I definitely would of been chirping the exact same stuff from gully but it still did my head in.

With the bats. I love the Fusion a lot, it used to have the carbon fibre handle but I broke it with a mistimed pullshot so I got it repaired. I told my old man and he felt the need to buy me a new bat for christmas (I now live interstate and couldn't choose with him). I've picked out my own bat every time since I was about 12 years old so it was really weird that he did that, but whatever. Cheers Dad. So it turned out I didn't really like the one he got me, so I went back to Greg Chappell, traded in the one he bought me and bought the Kooka that was the top of the range model the year before, but was on the discount rack for only $100 more than the bat dad had bought me. Deal

Its a beautiful bat, the grains are impeccable. But I just can't decide between the two yet, I choose on a whim before I go out to bat which bat I'm going to use and still can't make my mind up.

Hey guys, dont know where to post this so ill post here. Im starting cricket up again after a 9 year hiatus (quit at 18 to pursue summer beach drinking)

I want to get some gear (new or used, LH) but really don't want to spend a mint as I may only play for a year or two. Where should I be looking for good value basic new gear and used gear?

Hey guys, dont know where to post this so ill post here. Im starting cricket up again after a 9 year hiatus (quit at 18 to pursue summer beach drinking)

I want to get some gear (new or used, LH) but really don't want to spend a mint as I may only play for a year or two. Where should I be looking for good value basic new gear and used gear?
Sportsmart usually has pads, gloves, boxes, etc. fairly cheap.

Risky.

Are Fisher bats still great quality and value for money? They are still under $500 going by their website and are supposed to be top notch. I wanted one a few years ago but got a Gray Nic for free because of work experience. That one has now bitten the dust and am on the look out for a new one.

Sportsmart usually has pads, gloves, boxes, etc. fairly cheap.

I have done a lot of scoping and you are correct, cricket clearance center right next to the moorabbin store helps too. I think ill be sorted for pads, gloves, box, bag from there, Im just uncertain on the quality of bats these days. They seem to be a lot cheaper than I remember. I want to spend sub 200, am I better off getting a really good one second hand or a cheao brand new english willow one?

Risky.

Are Fisher bats still great quality and value for money? They are still under $500 going by their website and are supposed to be top notch. I wanted one a few years ago but got a Gray Nic for free because of work experience. That one has now bitten the dust and am on the look out for a new one.
they do the job and do it well, they don't look like powerful bats, compared to Spartan and Gray-nics, but they still go when they're hit.
would recommend picking one up, especially if you're getting the custom one.
how much would you be willing to spend on a bat?

I have done a lot of scoping and you are correct, cricket clearance center right next to the moorabbin store helps too. I think ill be sorted for pads, gloves, box, bag from there, Im just uncertain on the quality of bats these days. They seem to be a lot cheaper than I remember. I want to spend sub 200, am I better off getting a really good one second hand or a cheao brand new english willow one?
my dad bought a brand new MRF on ebay from India for $50, and he thinks it's great (though it's only seen one innings and two training sessions for his brief return in the fourths before he gives it up) probably not ideal if your going to be playing seriously because you can't trust what's going to come until it's here
but do have a look, might find a gem on ebay

they do the job and do it well, they don't look like powerful bats, compared to Spartan and Gray-nics, but they still go when they're hit.
would recommend picking one up, especially if you're getting the custom one.
how much would you be willing to spend on a bat?
A $500 Fisher bat is fine and the best value for money. All the other big name brands have like $700-$800 bats as their top line range. Doubt they'd be much better than a Fisher.

But I did a repair job on my current bat so hopefully won't need to fork out for a while.

A $150-$200 bat from Sportsmart is usually pretty good quality. Hell, my bat from there was $60 and there have been tons hit with it*

*not by me, I'm crap

Bag: Gray Nics, would be about 6 years old now
Bat: Generally used a club Gray Nics bat.
Pads: Slazenger
Gloves: Slazenger
Helmet: Puma, with a mid 90's Albion grill
Spikes/ Shoes: Adidas snakers. Generally only play on astroturf
Thigh Guard: Kooka - scored this one about 15 years ago, accidentally put the oppositions thigh pad in my bag

Haven't played for a couple of years now though. If i started again, i'd probably need to replace a few things

A $150-$200 bat from Sportsmart is usually pretty good quality. Hell, my bat from there was $60 and there have been tons hit with it*

*not by me, I'm crap

picked up last season english willow kookaburra for $129 normally 230. Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back