List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we would have been better off going after frawley and Clark instead of Higgins and Waite ?

th
on cost alone.

LOL Jacob wants 2 years. Give me a spell. :stern look
Just trade Jacob, he is completely useless. .
I think Daw is even better than him. I think the whole team is better than him. He's just not an AFL player !!!!!!!!! Never like him, never will.
Daw>Jacob:rolleyes:
Trade Jacob or just let him go.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was pretty sure that was the case but in this day and age, I try to be as diplomatic as possible.

There is a degree of fantasy and BS on this thread, Horace. It's important that you keep that in mind.

At the end of October, which I haven't denied. But he can opt to be a free agent at the start of October (ie - delist himself) - I still don't understand why you're not getting this. Today's AFL is all about player power.
According the the AFL website this isn't the case. If you delist yourself you aren't eligible for free agency. I know the exact line suggesting this has been put in here 3 or 4 times though so I'm probably wasting my time writing this

Surely we could package Jacob and Adam into a deal that would snare us King Tut from the Dogs. :stern look

Very funny, Zondor. We should recruit him just for the fun we could have with the King Tutt stuff.

Also reminds me of the Bulldogs offloading Jade Rawlings a few years back. They were so keen to be rid of him that they gave us Jade and sweetened the deal with a pick upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According the the AFL website this isn't the case. If you delist yourself you aren't eligible for free agency. I know the exact line suggesting this has been put in here 3 or 4 times though so I'm probably wasting my time writing this

Dont start This s**t again.

What's he shown in 2 years with us to justify it?
Turner has done more in his 5 games and cost us much less.
Jacobs is just another one of those guys who is too good for VFL, but not up to AFL standard.
What has Turner actually done? He is playing as a designated tackler and occasional goal sneak. Give him Jacobs' role and see how well Turner plays.
You're going to be disappointed. Anthony's last contract was for two or three years. Wright's last deal was for the same. Don't be surprised is Jacobs get two.
If Jacobs does get 2 years, wtf were we thinking offering Greenwood 1 year!
I have trouble believing we only offered Greenwood one year because of the other contracts we have offered in the past.

Was mulling this over with a friend, probably already covered.

Why not instead of Waite if we apparently need another big FWD, we chase Tex Walker.
will be a lot more expensive, but I feel we need a big name player at our club.

Big forward, more sustained upside and just a better fit.

It would be nice to harvest all the best players from each club but it just isn't possible. And as it has been said again and again, Waite is a free agent. A guy like Walker would cost a fortune at the trade table and take a huge amount out of the salary cap.

Was mulling this over with a friend, probably already covered.

Why not instead of Waite if we apparently need another big FWD, we chase Tex Walker.
will be a lot more expensive, but I feel we need a big name player at our club.

Big forward, more sustained upside and just a better fit.

It would be nice to harvest all the best players from each club but it just isn't possible. And as it has been said again and again, Waite is a free agent. A guy like Walker would cost a fortune at the trade table and take a huge amount out of the salary cap.

Walker is a free agent in a year.

Actually there probably is some merit in chasing him now to test if the crows get jumpy but if he doesn't re-sign in 2015 it's time to get stuck in.

My suspicion is he wouldn't leave Adelaide.

Dont start This s**t again.

Why not? Yesterday I was bemoaning the speed with which the number of pages kept multiplying in this thread. But now I'm starting to get a little worried, because it has slowed down and I was for a while developing some strange and morbid fascination as to how soon it might actually takeover the whole of the internet world. Imagine if it wiped out every other one of those peculiar sounding online facilities that so many people now seem to use to communicate.

Why we might all be forced to go back to meeting face to face and using our voices to talk to one another.

In the spirit throwing names out there, would Taylor Hunt from the Cats be "worth a look"? I don't think he is out of contract but I like the way he goes about it. 23 years old, tagger with speed and can kick a goal, but I think he might have some injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back