Guy McKenna sacked as Gold Coast coach

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage it's Hird but that could change if players accept bans if that's happens then the club better have a bloody good backup replacement.

Expecting an EFC announcement this week that Bomber will be our senior coach.
Landscape has not been there for Hird's return for a very long time.

I would be surprised at the club, Hird and the AFL if it were to happen.

It will be funny if they get Thompson, but even funnier if they don't.
reminds me of the Adelaide/Goodwin situation.
Sando isn't a bad option for the Suns. Did well in his first year at the Crows and was very harshly done by given where the club found itself in his last 2 years.
Has shown the ability to take a ready made team all the way.

Expecting an EFC announcement this week that Bomber will be our senior coach.
Landscape has not been there for Hird's return for a very long time.

I would be surprised at the club, Hird and the AFL if it were to happen.
Why? The AFL would be more than happy to see Thompson at GC, makes them more likely to win a flag which is what they want.

For EFC to make him senior coach Hird has to resign or be sacked. Hird won't resign, his ego wouldn't let him and Little won't sack him, if he was willing to he would've done it a year ago and helped Essendon move on from the saga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would you like if you built a company from the ground up and then have that taken away from you while you watch that person enjoy the fruits of your labour you would be pretty shitty.

It's not about if I'd like it but if the company's stakeholders would.

He isn't the owner. Merely a manager.

The fact that Bomber is now talking about it so openly and is attracted to the prospect, means it's pretty much a done deal.

Poor form though to talk about it so publicly like that, as he's basically just stamped Bluey's papers.

So when Bomber's mate Sando is sacked by his club it's a travesty and disgraceful behaviour.

But when McKenna is sacked by his club paving the way for Bomber, he's okay with it? Right. :rolleyes:

Good. That side should have made the top 6 this year, Ablett or no Ablett. You cannot keep saying 'but Ablett got injured'. As a coach the buck stops with you, losing games at home and away to poor sides coming hom was hardly a glowing light on the coach.

I do lol at Essendon though, bring back a failure and get rid of a premiership coach though. Should have kept Bomber. In fact even now I think they should go for Sanderson/McKenna. End of the day that club is gone for me unless Hird is shown the door, I'm happy supporting Sydney (season member anyway as I live in sYDNEY)

After 4 seasons GC have shown they're still way too reliant on one player. The players seemed to collectively drop their bundle once Gazza got injured this year. Smacks of lack of development and leadership. Contrast GWS who had players dropping like flies late in the season but still managed to finish with a leg in the air. Can't blame the GC Board for getting an itchy trigger finger.

Sando isn't a bad option for the Suns. Did well in his first year at the Crows and was very harshly done by given where the club found itself in his last 2 years.

I think Sando would struggle with the heat there. :p

You have info or just your opinion?
im a rare breed on here. Opinion only, no ties to the club.
Pragmatic view:
Hird's return keeps the issue alive. Step away as part of an exiled penance, he can probably step back in one day (many before him have done it).
Bomber is in the seat. Had a decent year. Proven record in coaching.
Trade week starts next week. We have list questions that need decisions (Ryder, Hardingham, Howlett, etc plus delistings), and Hird is in the US still I believe.
Gut feel says this week, we will announce the landscape for 2015 and it will be Bomber in the coaches seat.
Once the ASADA thing is wrapped up, I see Little walking away, job done, as well.

Interesting how people perceive coaches of other clubs.

We have only had two groups of supporters question AFC for sacking Sanderson ... Geelong supporters, and Collingwood supporters. I'm guessing the links are pretty clear for everyone to see why.

Sanderson just turned out to be not very good at the job.

Look forward to seeing how many people rate the sacking of McKenna as harsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back