James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the Hawks board - If true, Hawks are looking a big chance of winning 3 premierships in a row.

Just heard on SEN that Freo have conceded on Frawley and that it's almost certain he'll be with us next year. Geelong hold hopes but it's a really strong word he's going to go with us.

Good news! Just interested to see what were gonna pay him.

Interesting. I would have to imagine that Freo offered him more years and more $$. So he's gone for staying at home and what he perceives is a better chance at a cup.

This is a bit conspiracy theoryish but could it be that the Hawks use the media to generate the hype around him joining them. Maybe its something all the big vic teams do.

I do know that we are crap at using the media or other influences on players.

Geelong and Hawks players have come out in the media and said that they would be happy if certain players came to their club.

In the US teams use all kinds of gimmicks to recruit players. A player from the Indiana Pacers, Chris Copeland said that Indiana sending him a mocked up ESPN Mag cover with him in a Pacers uniform was part of the team showing that they really wanted him.

Sandi was asked about James Frawley in the media and he said no comment. I'm not saying this stuff alone gets players but we don't seem to be in the hunt at the moment.

Reckon he's 99% going to Hawks.

Obviously a great gig and good luck to him but I do find it a bit rich going to a club that has just won back to back flags without you. Say what you will about Judd but I always thought it showed great character picking Carlton because he wanted to help build something rather than just jump straight in to glory... Of course in hindsight he probably loses sleep nightly over that decision...

Not terribly disappointed over this one to be completely honest, just found it hard to get too pumped up over what we were offering him in the context of what he's proven in his career so far.

Wouldn't have thought Clark would make a difference to Geelongs position on Frawley, they play opposite ends of the ground. Clarks deal will most likely be two years and around 250-300k, so not likely to affect Frawley.
Of course it makes it harder for us, but it doesn't rule us our like a lot of people seem to think.

On Schoenmakers, i would certainly be interested. But whats he worth? I wouldn't be willing to deal anything above our third for him.

Agree on that. A 3rd would be enough i reckon. 16th pick, 195cm. Ticks a fair few boxes for us. Only 22/23 i think too so we could do worse

I wouldn't be opposed to going after Shoenmakers if its a realistic prospect. Could be a good get if we pursue him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be opposed to going after Shoenmakers if its a realistic prospect. Could be a good get if we pursue him.

Surprised by amount of people saying that. I mean Schoey is OK, but he's not that great people. He'd be fringe 22 here as he is at Hawks. I don't think he'd be worth much to us really, and we probably wouldn't be that attractive to him either. We could do worse I suppose, but just saying.

Surprised by amount of people saying that. I mean Schoey is OK, but he's not that great people. He'd be fringe 22 here as he is at Hawks. I don't think he'd be worth much to us really, and we probably wouldn't be that attractive to him either. We could do worse I suppose, but just saying.

No he's not amazing, but he's worse as a defender than he is a forward (admittedly based on a limited sample size). I think he offers something a bit different to Apeness or Taberner. I don't see it as a worse option than trading for someone like Grimley, better even, given his AFL experience at a young age.

He is a KPP. Taken as a high pick and played with a good side. OK he isnt better than what Hawthorn have forward but he would be a very reasonable player at the right price.

jesus christ, we are not that desperate that we need to start considering players like Schoenmakers. hoping frawley doesnt come to freo, in no way shape or form does he deserve the contract we offered him, bloke was AA how many years ago? since then what has he done? id rather develop our own (tanner smith, alex pearce) then give undeserving players ridiculous offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back