Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... Bomber was at Essendon when the injections were being administered, so why would they necessarily be drinking buddies? .......
This.

Bomber was fined $30K for his part in the Essendon doping affair so why would Ryder follow him to another club that is not his preferred destination?

#standbytird

Apparently Ben Jacobs is getting a 2 year deal at North?
So going for Waite, still relying on Harvey (at this point no news on retirement) too much, keeping Jacobs on instead of getting a youngster in. There's grabbing the missing piece for a serious flag tilt when you reach a prelim. And then there's a trifecta of stupid decisions totally missing that making the prelim. was about Geelong sliding down and not North are only a couple of steps away from a flag.

Do it North. It locks in one of this years top 8 teams as not a real challenger next year - or the year after.

So going for Waite, still relying on Harvey (at this point no news on retirement) too much, keeping Jacobs on instead of getting a youngster in. There's grabbing the missing piece for a serious flag tilt when you reach a prelim. And then there's a trifecta of stupid decisions totally missing that making the prelim. was about Geelong sliding down and not North are only a couple of steps away from a flag.

Do it North. It locks in one of this years top 8 teams as not a real challenger next year - or the year after.

They are definitely hoping they win the flag next year.

And then they cop an angry Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in round 1 - oops......(no, I don't have a scoop about next year's draw - just wishful thinking)

After seeing what Hinkley has achieved at Alberton with a job that would've been all but his had he put his hand up, he'd be crazy not to put his hat into the ring for one last tilt towards the premiership that eluded him at the Swans and Dogs.

Eade did put his hand up for the Port job. Remember his manager saying something about us not returning his calls.
When Kenny blew us off early on we completely homed in on Leon Cameron. The rest is history.
Hinkley and Cameron were only ever our real targets.

Eade did put his hand up for the Port job. Remember his manager saying something about us not returning his calls.
When Kenny blew us off early on we completely homed in on Leon Cameron. The rest is history.

I seem to recall something about KT sending Eade an SMS saying we were "going in another direction".

Eade was playing the disinterested damsel in public but in private he had his ankles behind his ears screaming, "TAKE ME NOWWWWW!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to recall something about KT sending Eade an SMS saying we were "going in another direction".

Eade was playing the disinterested damsel in public but in private he had his ankles behind his ears screaming, "TAKE ME NOWWWWW!!"

That's it. Nevertheless, I think there was a lot more courting coming from the Eade camp than from the Port camp.

Didn't he do a Choco and price himself out of the job?

He publicly denied it because Collingwood said they would basically sack him if he went for the job publicly but missed out. So it was all behind the scenes stuff and cloak and dagger. Wherever he was asked on Fox Footy he denied it. It allowed Rucci to rave on for a month that we were knee deep in him and that we just cut him off near the end and that we could of got him instead of Cameron, nd then instead of Hinkley.

That's it. Nevertheless, I think there was a lot more courting coming from the Eade camp than from the Port camp.

What, even more so than my description indicated? :eek:

Jared Brennan just tweeted re: McKenna's sacking:

So I just heard bluey got the flick....damn, a year late!!! In all seriousness though, 1/2
feel for the players that didn't get the chance to develop and excel because of his stubbornness and one minded ways. 2/2.

Bitter Fella

Jared Brennan just tweeted re: McKenna's sacking:

So I just heard bluey got the flick....damn, a year late!!! In all seriousness though, 1/2
feel for the players that didn't get the chance to develop and excel because of his stubbornness and one minded ways. 2/2.

Bitter Fella

Lol Brennan.

All the talent, none of the *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back