Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted something like this months ago, but this turn of events has me thinking it again. Pure speculation on my behalf, based on *Albert's dogged resistance against the process playing out: I wouldn't be surprised if there is something deeply embarrassing (or worse) to *Albert that *he fears will be revealed when all of the evidence is produced.

Perhaps its the stiffy-and-tan supplement *he was taking (possible scenario: Tania's like "huh, *he hasn't touched me for months, surely *he's not taking a stiffy enhancer?"). A very awkward conversation to have. It might seem trivial in the scheme of things, but it might also be something that *he fears very much. Alternatively, it might be that once it all unwinds, it will reveal damning details of *his unholy alliance with Charters and other assorted 'colorful characters', going back to before *he won *his ***Brownlow and the *3 *ANZAC medals. *His playing reputation is clearly precious to *him, such that *he couldn't bear it if *he becomes the Lance Armstrong of Australian sport.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Carry on.

I just can't wait for this story to be told on stage: '*Albert, the Musical'!

I_love_this_thread.jpg

Quotes please

Amazing isn't it. The guy is teflon. Absolute teflon.

Even after Dank again confirms he was heavily involved with Robinson when Bomber was at Geelong.. so Bomber had gone down this path before.. but no, it was just Hird's idea.. of course..

Personally, my advice would be for the club to move on from Hird and Thompson. I would also ask that all board members that were present during that period, stand down.

I think if we are 'culling' then we need to clean house.. really clean house and start with a clean slate.

I also don't agree with appealing.. however it is his RIGHT to do so, I don't think he should be sacked for it. My advise would be for him to not pursue the matter.

My support has been under the guise "if one goes then all goes".. I am a very loyal person (to a fault) and I am yet to see a reason why Hird was singled out for his entire character to be bismirched.

It has (and continues) rankled me that Thompson (who DID bring these two characters to the club) has not only 'survived' but in fact become MORE popular during this saga.. I find it baffling.

Keeping Thompson as coach whilst we knife another.. is just disloyal.

Show cause notices against 34 former and current Essendon players would likely remain on ice if the Hird camp go to appeal.

Essendon and Hird’s case against ASADA was comprehensively thrown out by Justice Middleton on September 19.

An expedited appeal could be heard by the end of October or early November.

Perfect. The longer it drags into the off season, the longer suspensions will run into the h&a season. *Hirdy rules.

Delusion at its finest

@EssendonFC we as members will not allow Hird to be sacked. You thought media were trouble. Wait till you deal with members.
Appropriate use of the word 'members'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My support has been under the guise "if one goes then all goes".. I am a very loyal person (to a fault) and I am yet to see a reason why Hird was singled out for his entire character to be bismirched.

It has (and continues) rankled me that Thompson (who DID bring these two characters to the club) has not only 'survived' but in fact become MORE popular during this saga.. I find it baffling.

Keeping Thompson as coach whilst we knife another.. is just disloyal.

She's actually got a point here. Bomber is in this up to his neck and he's managed to paint himself as the good guy.

Show cause notices against 34 former and current Essendon players would likely remain on ice if the Hird camp go to appeal.

Essendon and Hird’s case against ASADA was comprehensively thrown out by Justice Middleton on September 19.

An expedited appeal could be heard by the end of October or early November.

Perfect. The longer it drags into the off season, the longer suspensions will run into the h&a season. *Hirdy rules.

Perfect. Essendon have their AGM in November and a ticket challenging the board is on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back