No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
So is it actually true that he was uninvited from the BnF?

Just how far do the AFL have their fist up Paul Littles ass,
I would imagine Little is still in the Hird camp, but is brokering all of this to try to make it work. It is others, like the school teacher, who have took it upon themselves to oust Hird at any opportunity.

If Hird goes, then the members of the board who signed him on for a two year extension must go. As it stands we have sections of the board pushing for his removal, no matter how good he was/is/could be at coaching a football team in a move that would cost the club heaps.

On and off field, we are what is colloquially referred to as a rabble.

Coldacre

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
The club is a ****en shambles. I am so sick of this whole thing. We need a serious clean out. Bring on the AGM.

no we don't need a f***ing clean up. we need to stand solid, stick fat with each other. not sweep things out because we're sick of it all. geez... must be beer o'clock for a few people.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Time to clean it out completely, board and coaches all to go. Call it ground zero and let's start again, hiring the best people we can find, regardless of 'club loyalty' in order to make our club great again.

If Hird wants to appeal, good on him, no issues. But as others have said he can't coach and appeal at the same time. He should stand down, fight his fight and if he wants to reapply for a coaching position in the future then no worries, we'll see how we are tracking and if there is space and a role for him. Other than that, he can be remembered as an Essendon playing great
I see no reason he can't. He's already well ahead in list management planning...

Hird steps aside to deal with this s**t on his and EFC's behalf...Sheeds holds the fort...Oops sorry, thinking out loud.

* no, Sheeds last few years were terrible. Time to be looking forward not backward

I would imagine Little is still in the Hird camp, but is brokering all of this to try to make it work. It is others, like the school teacher, who have took it upon themselves to oust Hird at any opportunity.

If Hird goes, then the members of the board who signed him on for a two year extension must go. As it stands we have sections of the board pushing for his removal, no matter how good he was/is/could be at coaching a football team in a move that would cost the club heaps.

On and off field, we are what is colloquially referred to as a rabble.

By school teacher do you mean Madden

I like this bit:

Little and his chief executive Xavier Campbell are understood to have repeatedly urged the coach to abandon his legal battle but Hird to date has refused, insisting he is acting upon a matter of principle.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-facing-the-axe-at-thursday-board-meeting-20141001-10ot99.html#ixzz3EsUHxcLI

Good on Hird and I'll be pissed off if we sack him. We shouldn't roll over because it's convenient for everyone.

About to find out if we're a club of principles.

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't trust this board at all. Considering they've made utensil-up after utensil-up since this whole thing began. From;
- self-reporting despite what their employees said, leading to constant rumors, unreasomable media scrutiny
- allowing demetriou's PR friend to advise the club, when she was clearly compromised
- gearing up for legal action in 2013, only to bend over, cop biggest penalties in history and force Hird to take a suspension of which his reputation may never recover from.
- believing that said deal would eliminate chances of ASADA pursuing players, when ASADA have been notoriously untrustworrhy in many of their previous cases
- barely telling fans anything, respecting a process that was clearly being disrespected by the AFL
- only just now telling us (by extension) that only 4 substances were involved in their view, which were all safe and legal
- pursuing a legal case, only to stop after first decision
- today.

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
That boat sailed a year ago.

I can kind of see the position if the players truly have said "we don't want you to appeal". But it just seems strange that they would say that, unless they were given biased information regarding the impact of an appeal on the resolution of the process.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
I think I prefer Hird to goto court and fight than to sue the club to be honest. even if he isn't coach. I mean well he wont sue the club if he is still coach, but I cant see him not if they do sack him.

just some dude on the Internet mate - like you. Or has your tiny ego convinced you you're more than that on here?

LOL, here we go.

You've rarely posted on here yet you've attacked me twice personally (make that three times) about my posting. When you keep attacking me personally and I've never seen you before, I'll damn well ask who the hell do you think you are.

Coldacre

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Given what is transpiring as we speak, Paddy made the absolute right decision getting the **** out of this train wreck.

it is beyond disappointing that supporters actually believe. I use the term "supporters" very loosely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back