All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as it'll be great to get pick 3 (hopefully) - it does feel quite sad losing one of very few guns we've had on our list in the past decade

I was a big fan of Chip previously but I don't feel that way. If he doesn't want to be at the MFC anymore then it's for the best he moves on.

And being somewhat optimistic getting pick 3 and spending the considerable chunk of money it'd take to convince him to stay on a player who can relieve some of the more pressing issues on the list- it sounds like a win to me.

I was a big fan of Chip previously but I don't feel that way. If he doesn't want to be at the MFC anymore then it's for the best he moves on.

And being somewhat optimistic getting pick 3 and spending the considerable chunk of money it'd take to convince him to stay on a player who can relieve some of the more pressing issues on the list- it sounds like a win to me.

I love the thought of getting Pick 3

But there is no way losing our best Defender and one of our senior players is a good thing
Thats just sugar coating a turd

Gave us some good service over the last 8 years, but if he doesn't want to be here he can * right off.
I hope we win a flag within the next few years so we can rub our cup into his stupid monkey face and he'd just have to sit there grooving off it.

Gave us some good service over the last 8 years, but if he doesn't want to be here he can **** right off.
I hope we win a flag within the next few years so we can rub our cup into his stupid monkey face and he'd just have to sit there grooving off it.

Hilarious that if he was black you would now be a racist

I disagree. He'd be able to bend us over a barrel salary cap wise if he was to stay and I think that money would be better spent on the midfield, if the midfield was actually AFL level he wouldn't have to work as hard or be as important as he has been in years gone by.

And pick 3 is a fantastic result, it gives flexibility with having pick 2 in being able to draft a gun but also the ability to trade for one.

I disagree. He'd be able to bend us over a barrel salary cap wise if he was to stay and I think that money would be better spent on the midfield, if the midfield was actually AFL level he wouldn't have to work as hard or be as important as he has been in years gone by.

And pick 3 is a fantastic result, it gives flexibility with having pick 2 in being able to draft a gun but also the ability to trade for one.

Yep, will hopefully allow us to draft 2 gun kids and still have enough cap space to target some quality free agents next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the minority but I'm not really dirty on him for going even though it shits me. Similar to Rivers, didnt bullshit us ala Clark & Scully just lied low all year before bailing. He was a very good player for us especially 2010 when he dominated. Played full back in one of the worst teams of the modern era and rarely got beat by his direct opponent.

I love the thought of getting Pick 3

But there is no way losing our best Defender and one of our senior players is a good thing
Thats just sugar coating a turd

I don't

I'd rather chip committed and helped make us better

We're just going to keep bleeding senior players

If Nate doesn't re sign, I'm officially DONE

Probably have the unpopular opinion on this board but I have no problem with Chip leaving.

He should have the right to taste premiership glory instead of being imprisoned in a disgraced club who's culture has been shot to rabbles. If I was Chip and didn't support Melbourne as a kid, I would've done exactly the same thing.

It was obvious though how uninterested he was at playing for Melbourne anymore by his relatively lazy form from the past 2 seasons. Therefore, I think Roos moved him to the forward line so that we could re-build a back-line for the future. As a result we conceded around 30-40 less points on average per game than in 2013.

All the best Chip and thanks for your 8 years of service. However if you think that it is going to be that easy holding your spot in a premiership contending club just look at the likes of Colin Sylvia and Cale Morton and other ex-Melbourne players of recent seasons.

If he left us when he was in the back end of his career like say Lake did to chase a flag, I'd have no problem with that. But he's an AA KPD in his prime, so he can get stuffed.

Just pictured him on a raft in the middle of the ocean with a football.

Did bring lulz.
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_387378.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back