Honesty Thread (The Confessional Box)

Remove this Banner Ad

stanley

Senior List
Dec 9, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now the season has finished and all the clubs are going through their lists and reviewing where they are at. I thought it would be a good time to have a bit of honesty from the fans. Too often we are blinded by the clubs we love and support. Time to admit what was/is wrong with your club. You can only speak about your club. Think of it as a bit of a confession, time to get some stuff off your conscience that you have been over-looking for some time.

I'll get it started from my club Fremantle...our song sucks. Also, Ross Lyon is a good coach but cannot be considered a guru, that we proclaim him to be, until he wins a premiership.

Power is a s**t moniker.

What is "a Power"? How the * can you make any sort of identity out of it? We've gone with a fist holding a lightning bolt. What?

Too bad you guys couldn't have something as good as the Magpies;)
Or at least something less abstract and more real.

Power is a nice idea, coming from this:

468661-679542-pa-cunningham-7590353-jpg.jpg

Unfortunately, however, the alliterative appeal of Port Power was a popular marketing exercise, and, even more unfortunately, perpetuates the public perception of us as est 1997.

I love Carlton very very much. Been searching for years for a club to truly support, not forcing it, letting it come to me and choose me. And finally I fell in love. I'm over the moon. I'm so happy yet so depressed about that. Can't eat, can't sleep, when I play music I wander off swooning about Carlton. And Carlton feels the same way about me.

I love Carlton very very much. Been searching for years for a club to truly support, not forcing it, letting it come to me and choose me. And finally I fell in love. I'm over the moon. I'm so happy yet so depressed about that. Can't eat, can't sleep, when I play music I wander off swooning about Carlton. And Carlton feels the same way about me.
Get off the booze.

We lack speed which was clearly evident v sydney. We also lack power in defence which is a must if we want to continue moving forward (hopefully tippett is the answer). Thirdly, we are far to inconsistent to be labelled as a contender (not that we are anyway), but losing games to far weaker sides is horrible and shows that our players either believe games are won before the bounce, or they cannot find a way to turn things around against poor sides. Finally our forward line is too ineffective under pressure. An example would be drew against the swans where he missed 2 or 3 absolute sitters in the first half. So to summarise. Speed, power and consistency/performing under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No really. I might need some tissue paper soon.
The Raiders sack another HC and you lose another screw...

You're too transparent. Clearly youre jealous. But nothing will tear us apart.
Spoken like a true Port supporter.

Our current generation of quality players (Dangerfield, Sloan, Walker, etc) has most likely missed the premiership boat due to poor management by the club.

Our current generation of quality players (Dangerfield, Sloan, Walker, etc) has most likely missed the premiership boat due to poor management by the club.
Dangerfield, Sloane, Smith, Walker, Talia, Betts are a good spine. Poor management has been detrimental, definitely, but I don't think you have missed your boat. This isn't a dig but a genuine comment. If you add Gunston and Tippett to the above list it would be scary good.

Dangerfield, Sloane, Smith, Walker, Talia, Betts are a good spine. Poor management has been detrimental, definitely, but I don't think you have missed your boat. This isn't a dig but a genuine comment. If you add Gunston and Tippett to the above list it would be scary good.

Davis and Bock went OK too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back