Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM will trade for ready made bodies J.

Prefers lugs as KP, and builds his sides around runners.

Rucks, break evens, prefers them going forward and slotting a goal or two.

One of very few realists that sees turnovers as an advantage, and that's where blokes by hand or foot are gold.

Pressure, pressure, pressure off the ball, EVERYONE to be involved.

Don't listen to the revisionist Dogs supporters who are loudly mouthing off at how Jones and Tutt want to head to the Blues - many of them can't accept that due to our poor coach, players are wanting to leave, and they're trying to justify this by saying "eh, nobody's that good anyway that's leaving"

Jones was misused by the Dogs all year and the way we've treated him, the only tall timber down forward with so support, I can't blame him for leaving. He's good at operating in space and needs to have room to jump at the ball, he's not great when you kick it on his head and expect him to outmuscle anyone.

I like Tutt because he's got pace, genuine pace, and knows where to run, he just doesn't run like a headless chook. A really, really good set shot for goal as well, one of the best in our team, and is a good long kick. Despite being a bit short, he's got a solid body on him as well though contested ball isn't his forte. However his main weakness is that he's got butterhands. His fumbles will frustrate the hell out of you. Always a second or third grab of the deck and his handball receives are half the time wasted.

Don't let other Dogs fans want to soften the blow of players quitting our club lead you to believe that you're picking up duds, you're picking up two gems of players who were at odds with our coach and don't let the BigFooty Bulldogs groupthink (seriously, read the last 25 pages of our List Management thread, utter bile) influence you in thinking you're not picking uo a couple of very handy players.

Don't listen to the revisionist Dogs supporters who are loudly mouthing off at how Jones and Tutt want to head to the Blues - many of them can't accept that due to our poor coach, players are wanting to leave, and they're trying to justify this by saying "eh, nobody's that good anyway that's leaving"

Jones was misused by the Dogs all year and the way we've treated him, the only tall timber down forward with so support, I can't blame him for leaving. He's good at operating in space and needs to have room to jump at the ball, he's not great when you kick it on his head and expect him to outmuscle anyone.

I like Tutt because he's got pace, genuine pace, and knows where to run, he just doesn't run like a headless chook. A really, really good set shot for goal as well, one of the best in our team, and is a good long kick. Despite being a bit short, he's got a solid body on him as well though contested ball isn't his forte. However his main weakness is that he's got butterhands. His fumbles will frustrate the hell out of you. Always a second or third grab of the deck and his handball receives are half the time wasted.

Don't let other Dogs fans want to soften the blow of players quitting our club lead you to believe that you're picking up duds, you're picking up two gems of players who were at odds with our coach and don't let the BigFooty Bulldogs groupthink (seriously, read the last 25 pages of our List Management thread, utter bile) influence you in thinking you're not picking uo a couple of very handy players.
Great honest insight and much appreciated. Refreshing to get an opposition supporter who's open and transparent. Cheers.

That's a great post padlocks. always welcome.

More than welcome to join the Carlton resurgence, tnp.
Haha. I'm as one eyed and passionate as the Dogs as any and love the club, but I have family who support the Blues and I certainly hate you less than a lot of the other Melbourne supporting clubs. ;). Plus I actually like Mick Malthouse, bit unusual but eh.

Haha. I'm as one eyed and passionate as the Dogs as any and love the club, but I have family who support the Blues and I certainly hate you less than a lot of the other Melbourne supporting clubs. ;). Plus I actually like Mick Malthouse, bit unusual but eh.
That's the sweetest thing you can say about another club as a one-eyed supporter I reckon: I hate you the least! For anyone else, that'd be - I bloody love you guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the Melksham talk coming from? Surely Essendon* is last place Jeffy would want/need to be...

Give us Carlisle or even Howlett for god sakes. But not him... #extremelypunchableface

Again, why are we punishing good teams? If they have the cap space (Sydney excluded), why shouldn't they be allowed to go get whoever they want?
Then let's get rid of the National Draft & go back to how things were 30 years ago.

Free Agency is compromising the National Draft. Do you think Judd would have chosen Carlton if he knew he could have gone to a developing Geelong, Hawthorn or Collingwood, all who could have matched/bettered anything we could afford to offer, given our financial position circa 2007? It was only because of the existence of the National Draft that we were able to trump the better teams in the competition & convince Judd to come to Carlton.

Rest assured, an unfettered FA will ensure the competition becomes much like it was in the mid '80s, with only a handful of teams, at best, enjoying any real success.

Then let's get rid of the National Draft & go back to how things were 30 years ago.

Free Agency is compromising the National Draft. Do you think Judd would have chosen Carlton if he knew he could have gone to a developing Geelong, Hawthorn or Collingwood, all who could have matched/bettered anything we could afford to offer, given our financial position circa 2007? It was only because of the existence of the National Draft that we were able to trump the better teams in the competition & convince Judd to come to Carlton.

Rest assured, an unfettered FA will ensure the competition becomes much like it was in the mid '80s, with only a handful of teams, at best, enjoying any real success.

Don't think it has changed one dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back