Hird to be sacked according to Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

Finey and Rohan on SEN tonight, both saying Hird has to go, but that he clearly thinks he's innocent and that's why he's appealing.

Umm, no guys, he's trying to bury the truth, not get to it.

Disgraced Essendon :thumbsu:
Disgraced the Players :thumbsu:
Disgraced the AFL :thumbsu:
Disgraced ASADA (tried to) :thumbsu:
Disgraced himself:thumbsu:
Disgraced Sport :thumbsu:
What can be said.. mission accomplished Hirdy :footy:
Doesn't it feel kind of good that this time tomorrow we may be able to say "Disgraced former coach, James Hird"?

Finey and Rohan on SEN tonight, both saying Hird has to go, but that he clearly thinks he's innocent and that's why he's appealing.

It's just hard to believe he's lasted this long. Wouldn't any other coach with honour have resigned after the AFL penalties? With those sorts of governance issues happening under his watch it was only the right thing to do.

No, he knows he's out, but if he can get the courts to stop it all, then he can claim unfair dismissal.

As much as I'm happy to see Hird bite the dust, Bomber clearly said he would resign if a player was issued with an infraction notice which looks likely to happen.
Him resigning or players getting infractions? He said he wouldn't coach again after resigning at Geelong. He still hasn't paid his fine. Wouldn't believe a word he says.

Him resigning or players getting infractions? He said he wouldn't coach again after resigning at Geelong. He still hasn't paid his fine. Wouldn't believe a word he says.
True dat. I haven't liked him after of his treatment of Ablett Jr not signing. I do not see him coaching the GCFC.

If they were fair dinkum,and they Should be, they'd look straight past bomber and just go with a whole new clean look far removed from anything to do with the whole fiasco.

Hird never wanted to coach the bombers again. He has been doing everything possible to get them to sack him and pay him out for another 2 year contract but they just wont take the bait. Until now !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The infractions, I don't believe he's going to resign although I think he should. It's becoming clear he doesn't tell the truth but I just think it's never going to end for Essendon unless they make a clean break from all of the staff involved. Thompson and Reid should both be out of there shortly after Hird IMO.

If they were fair dinkum,and they Should be, they'd look straight past bomber and just go with a whole new clean look far removed from anything to do with the whole fiasco.

Yep cant understand it myself. Was involved in it. Tried to stop it but like a few others didnt follow up on it and is then publicly telling people he wants to be head coach even if the guy in the position currently is a dead man walking its poor form. Keep your mouth shut and see how it plays out perhaps let it be known behind closed doors what you want but this whole "i dont really want to coach anymore its too stressful...ok I will coach but only for a short time then its all over for me...oh look at me I found the "buzz" again I want to continue in a role that someone else occupies at the moment I hope that isnt going to cause too much trouble for him" shtick is getting pretty tiresome. Seems to want to come off as an inconsistent genius but just looks like a campaigner at the moment.

second richmond supporter i've seen suggest this....
Again I ask, why would we push Bomber out? 2 other clubs are hunting coaches and we already have the best available candidate in our system, working with our players and eager to go after a pretty decent year.
Serious question. What does removing him actually achieve?

Well, that's it. Surely the finishing touches on the worst senior coaching career in AFL history. One that he will never get a chance to rectify.

Mark Neeld wakes up every day and thanks God for James Hird.

second richmond supporter i've seen suggest this....
Again I ask, why would we push Bomber out? 2 other clubs are hunting coaches and we already have the best available candidate in our system, working with our players and eager to go after a pretty decent year.
Serious question. What does removing him actually achieve?
A fresh start with no links to Dank/Weapon and the last 18 months, perhaps.

s**t....gunna have to change my user name now..any ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back