Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Honestly, stats don't count for a great deal but also on occasion Lucas has proven to be a decent player, sadly he just seems to lack any sort of intensity.
With Tutt though, we'd be getting him cheap (as steak knives on the Jones deal perhaps) so if Mick thinks he can turn him into a player so be it.
I'd just rather us hope for a steal in the draft in the later rounds than go for a guy who in 4 seasons still hasn't shown a great deal. They are out there in the 4th round and beyond (Walters, Puopolo, Witts, Sutcliffe, Rampe etc.)

Sam The Doc

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd just rather us hope for a steal in the draft in the later rounds than go for a guy who in 4 seasons still hasn't shown a great deal. They are out there in the 4th round and beyond (Walters, Puopolo, Witts, Sutcliffe, Rampe etc.)
I think we are going to be using a bunch of picks this year though, so even still there will be plenty of opportunities.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Since MM and co have taken over I've liked the look of most our kids drafted and rookie listed, we've seen Graham & Menzel show enough already from the 2012 draft. And from last year 3 out of our 5 rookies got games with Cripps & Holman also getting games. Let those guys do their job I reckon they aren't doing too bad a job finding young talent not like the bad old days of Patrick McCarthy and Rohan Kerr!

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
For him to nominate us you'd think we'd have spoken to him, so in saying that MM has a pretty good record at getting the most out of these sorts of players so I'm prepared to back him in.

Certainly. A key reason why tutt and jones has nominated us you would think is because theyve talked to the club who have made it clear we are interested and see a role for them

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd laugh to bid for moore just to piss of Collingwood. I reckon we will as well add spice to it. Some on the pies board are calling us pricks

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'd laugh to bid for moore just to piss of Collingwood. I reckon we will as well add spice to it. Some on the pies board are calling us pricks
Not sure what they are complaining about if he wasn't a father-son pick I'd be over the moon if he was our pick at #6

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
He is being talked about as a being as good as those being touted as #1 pick can't see why clubs would let him just get to Collingwood

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton flavour of the month. Everyone loves us who wouldn't come to a successful club with proud history. I don't blame them coming to us

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure what they are complaining about if he wasn't a father-son pick I'd be over the moon if he was our pick at #6
Exactly he is spoken about as only just behind McCartin and it's only that everyone knows he will end up at the pies that people don't waste there breath talking of him as potential, but if they want to risk it I am sure both the Dogs and Carlton will be happy to have him.

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
On a serious note, maybe Saints are offering a better contract to Jaksch and maybe he sees more opportunity there?

At Saints he is a lock for consistent AFL footy as either a forward or defender.
While he probably will be top 22 from the get go for us too, he might see it as tougher to break in as he is fighting with Jones and Watson for the 2nd forward slot (although he should win that battle) and with White for the third defender position.

And maybe he knows we're a lock to get Boyd next year ;)
Saints are supposed to have very little money in the piggy bank, so I cannot believe that they could offer a better contract ( money wise ) to Jaksch than Carlton !!!

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Piggy bank or salary cap? They still need to pay 96% of the cap and besides Riewolt who could they possibly be paying big money to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back